What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seatgeek - Mobile Transfer Tickets? Legit? (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
I have used seatgeek several times before and never seen anything like this.  Is this normal?  Is this more common for concerts?  I think I've only bought sports tickers.  (I changed a few terms to "xxx" to protect the innocent...).  I guess I get it, but some of the stuff just sounds fishy.

Your tickets have been confirmed!

Heads up! Your tickets won’t show up directly in your SeatGeek account. This is a policy set by Wells Fargo Center.

To accept your tickets, you should search for a transfer email in your inbox, spam, trash, or junk folder using the following keywords:

“XXXXXX”,
“XXXXXX”,
“208 and 13”,
“Sent You Tickets”,
or
“Accept Tickets”

This transfer email will not be sent from SeatGeek. It will contain instructions to create an account through another ticketing platform. You will need to use your xxxxxxx@xxx.com email address when creating your account to access your tickets.

If you’d like to learn more, please read our FAQ article "What are mobile transfer tickets?" and click the video below to see what it’ll look like when you access your tickets. If you have any further questions, check out our Help Center.

Seatgeek is on my perma boycott list. 

Bought yankees tickets. Didnt get the tickets via email. Few days before I email them saying I never got the tickets. No word. So then I ask for a refund since I never got the tickets. Two hours before game time I buy other tickets from another vendor. One hour before game time seatgeek sends me an apology email for the tickets being late and sends me the tickets. I tell them I don't want them, want a refund, and that I already bought other tickets. Nothing. No reply. Send them 3-4 more emails never get a reply. 

So yeah, screw them. Will never buy again through them.  

really?

it sounded made up to me, but I've never used seatgeek (only stubhub or vividseats) and I also have only ever bought tickets to sporting events.
I've never used seatgeek but mobile transfers of tickets are normal.

To avoid scalping some venues will only make tix available a few days before the concert. 

really?

it sounded made up to me, but I've never used seatgeek (only stubhub or vividseats) and I also have only ever bought tickets to sporting events.
This is how Ticketmaster operates now.  Since seatgeek is just a third party reseller, they have to use Ticketmaster’s system.

Not sure.

Is your main concern about not getting physical tix mailed to you?
no, my main concern is the

"Your tickets won’t show up directly in your SeatGeek account" 

"you should search for a transfer email in your inbox, spam, trash, or junk folder"

and "This transfer email will not be sent from SeatGeek.."

Never seen this before.  Always got a PDF direct and/or had the mobile tickets in the seatgeek app.

I guess fish's response somewhat explains it.

Ah

I understand. 

It should be good. I think that's just because seatgeek doesn't have any tickets themselves. It's a 3rd party using their site to sell tickets and depending on the method of ticket delivery they purchased they may be limited on what they can offer to sell

Users who are viewing this thread