What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Mike Boone, DEN (1 Viewer)

Right now I'm starting McCaffrey & Aaron Jones at RB; Hopkins, Diggs & McLaurin at WR. To play Boone, I'd have to sit one of those WRs. I'd lean towards Diggs, but I think he has a higher ceiling than Boone. (1/2 PPR)

For all you people responding those weren't Monday night games in the championship with both backs in front not officially ruled out.

This is important.

Let's just say that we don't have Cook and / or Mattison ruled out, BUT SF wins. This would make me more comfortable taking the leap of faith on Boone. 
Maybe I'm just missing it, but why does SF winning impact the Vikings much? SF or Seattle are ahead in the WC race, but Minnesota has to be gunning for the division and a possible bye. They need to win this week to have a chance at the bye, regardless of what SF does. 

I guess the 5 seed is much better than the 6, but that's more likely to impact next week if they lose this week and SF or Seattle also lose. 

Either way, I'll roll with Boone over Hines, Ward, and Gage in one league; Kirk and C Davis in another. 

For all you people responding those weren't Monday night games in the championship with both backs in front not officially ruled out.
It's good to have a backup plan if possible. I'll be able to switch to Rudolph (in both leagues), but that's not overly appealing.

It's good to have a backup plan if possible. I'll be able to switch to Rudolph (in both leagues), but that's not overly appealing.
Thats not a bad idea but I'd feel pretty sick starting Rudolph in my flex in the championship lol 

Have Boone and Mattison.  Right now starting Boone over Conner and Washington at flex in my PPR league.  We'll see how practice goes for Mattison this week.  I doubt Cook plays.

Yes. 

:violin: :ptts:

Hide contents
I had a very good team that year with David Johnson riding the pine.  Gronk got hurt the week before Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington got hurt, so I cut David Johnson figuring it would take 2 injuries to elevate him to starter - unfortunate timing for me.  I ended up losing in the championship game that year (but not to the guy who picked up Johnson).  Had Gronk not been injured or had I cut someone else I would have won that year  :cry:  
Ouch - I had DJ that year too. Maybe that’s what I’m thinking of. 

i also once lost an LCG when the Niners 2nd string RB went down, clearing the way for 3rd strong DeSean Foster to get a start at home against a mediocre defense.

I put him in 5 mins before the game. he scored like 7 points for me. The dude I benched for him went ham for 128 yards. 

i lost by 3. :doh:  

so I guess mine is a cautionary tale & proof that I don’t learn from my mistakes?  :pickle:

Hot off the press!

Tom Pelissero:

#Vikings RBs Dalvin Cook (shoulder) and Alexander Mattison (ankle) on the field, but no helmets at start of practice. Cook stretched with teammates, Mattison doing rehab on the side ... Mike Boone the top RB practicing 3 days before kickoff vs. #Packers.

I'm starting to think this is the Boone show 100%.

Hot off the press!

Tom Pelissero:

#Vikings RBs Dalvin Cook (shoulder) and Alexander Mattison (ankle) on the field, but no helmets at start of practice. Cook stretched with teammates, Mattison doing rehab on the side ... Mike Boone the top RB practicing 3 days before kickoff vs. #Packers.

I'm starting to think this is the Boone show 100%.
Yeah - if Mattison again does “work on the side” without running or cutting, and Boone is getting all the 1st team reps, that’s looking really likely. 

always a possibility of a surprise start by Cook or Mattison,  but I’m feelin Boone. :wub:  

I have Aaron Jones, Mike Boone, and Adam Thielen in my championship game.  As of now I have Jones in my flex and Boone and Thielen on my bench.  I have Fournette locked in but Mixon now questionable I may slide Boone in and if Mattison plays put Thielen in flex.

Weird, rotoworld reporting neither were at practice today 
Not weird… Roto world is just less FOS than the Vikings, Who think they’re fooling people. :)  

still not a guarantee that cook or Mattison don’t play, But the DDNP is certainly a positive sign for Boone. I believe there is one final practice report tomorrow… Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. But it’s Friday, and neither of these guys has so much has gone through walk-through.

I have Aaron Jones, Mike Boone, and Adam Thielen in my championship game.  As of now I have Jones in my flex and Boone and Thielen on my bench.  I have Fournette locked in but Mixon now questionable I may slide Boone in and if Mattison plays put Thielen in flex.
Given how stingy the Vikings D can be against the run, I might opt for Boone over Jones...

Given how stingy the Vikings D can be against the run, I might opt for Boone over Jones...
Jones did really well against them the first time they played if I recall correctly, but I believe that was also before Williams started getting much more involved. Now it’s closer to a 60/40 timeshare.

Just FYI - The ESPN Fantasy Rankings have been revised again - Latest ranks for Boone (PPR):

Berry - 16

Karabell - 20

Cockcroft - 17

Clay - 21

That's solid RB2 average right now. He's a must start barring something unforeseen.

Just FYI - The ESPN Fantasy Rankings have been revised again - Latest ranks for Boone (PPR):

Berry - 16

Karabell - 20

Cockcroft - 17

Clay - 21

That's solid RB2 average right now. He's a must start barring something unforeseen.
I’m thinking top 10 is within the realm of possibility if he gets the start and both Mattison and cook are out. Sure, it was late in the game and the Vikings were way up, but in my opinion Boone more than pass the eye test. He looked as good as he did in the preseason, which was pretty spectacular.

if Boone is the clear-cut feature back, I wonder if @Sigmund Bloom has him top 10 or top 15. He seems as excited about him as the most optimistic of us are.

I'm struggling with Boone vs White in full PPR.

Boone has more upside obviously but do we think he'll get work in the passing game? They may just use Abdullah.

White has been steady all year and I like his floor. If Edelman is out, I like him even more.

I don't expect to know by Saturday at 4 EST if Boone will be starting which makes it tough

Maybe I'm just missing it, but why does SF winning impact the Vikings much? SF or Seattle are ahead in the WC race, but Minnesota has to be gunning for the division and a possible bye. They need to win this week to have a chance at the bye, regardless of what SF does. 

I guess the 5 seed is much better than the 6, but that's more likely to impact next week if they lose this week and SF or Seattle also lose. 

Either way, I'll roll with Boone over Hines, Ward, and Gage in one league; Kirk and C Davis in another. 
Because if SF beats the Rams it clinches a playoff spot for Minnesota.  The Vikings lose the tie break to GB so even if they beat GB they need them to lose W17 vs Detroit (and the Vikes need to beat the Bears).  The likelihood of GB losing to Detroit week 17 is minimal so the Vikings are essentially stuck in the WC spot.  Once that is clinched it is more important to go into the playoffs with Cook healthy than it is to have a minimal chance of winning the division. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Because if SF beats the Rams it clinches a playoff spot for Minnesota.  The Vikings lose the tie break to GB so even if they beat GB they need them to lose W17 vs Detroit (and the Vikes need to beat the Bears).  The likelihood of GB losing to Detroit week 17 is minimal so the Vikings are essentially stuck in the WC spot.  Once that is clinched it is more important to go into the playoffs with Cook healthy than it is to have a minimal chance of winning the division. 
Spot on. 

And even if it means just resting them for 1 more week, that could be a difference maker for Vikes week 17 game. They have to keep playing for the division, but if SF does their job tomorrow night, they don’t have to do so at the expense of Cook or Mattison’s health as the urgency is reduced. 

Thanks, that makes sense. Wasn't even considering the Rams.

And you're almost certainly right, the Lions aren't beating the Packers next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Krammer (from the Star-Trib)

@Andrew_Krammer

I’m told Alexander Mattison dealing with an ankle sprain that happened on first play of last drive vs Detroit. Dealing with swelling and pain right now, hasn’t practiced. Seems like a long shot to play.

Boone meter keeps rising.

One thing’s for certain - all Boone owners are gonna be huge Niners fans on Saturday night. 

If the Rams lose, I believe the Vikes are in the playoffs. If that happens, they should have less incentive to rush back either running back (pun half-intended)

:)  
yeah but will  they still have improvement in their position in the playoffs or no?

yeah but will  they still have improvement in their position in the playoffs or no?
Sort of.

If they win this week & next, and if GB loses this week and in the last week, (which is extremely unlikely) they win the NFC north. 

so, sort of. They have to play as though they can win the division. But since that’s super unlikely the Vikes are likely more likely to rest the backups so that they’re 100% for the playoffs, which if the Niners win; are the only real lock.’

Trying to decide between Boone and Ekeler in standard scoring. I have until Sunday at 4:00pm to decide. Leaning towards Boone.

Andrew Krammer (from the Star-Trib)

@Andrew_Krammer

I’m told Alexander Mattison dealing with an ankle sprain that happened on first play of last drive vs Detroit. Dealing with swelling and pain right now, hasn’t practiced. Seems like a long shot to play.
Sam: Oh that's Hot!  Care to change your BS story that he's playing Monday Night, Coach?!

Coach Zimmer: He probably isn't playing much, neither of our top 2 RBs right now...I lied but I had to try and look strong vs weak. 

(Loud Groans from the Peanut Galllery) 

-Everybody Listen Up! Our fugitive RB has been on the run for 90 Minutes, average foot speed over uneven ground barring injury is 4 MPH, our fugitive however has speeds well over 15-20+ and that gives us a Radius of perhaps 20-30+ miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard target search of every stat sheet, college game tape, Numbers House, Farm house, Hen house, Outhouse, and Dog house. Check Points are going up every 15 posts. You're Fugitive's name is Dr Michael Boone...Go Get Him!

My opponent picked him up and is starting him over M. Gordon. I had the chance to grab Boone before him when the news broke, but I didn't think that he would bother because he already was starting two good RB's and we have to pay per transaction. I hope that he didn't choose wisely. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Anyone else getting a booner?
been calling him boones farm. In one superbowl I am starting Drew Lock (2qb), Booner, Perriman and Slayton....if you told me that in August,  I'd be like, how did I make the superbowl?

Well Winston, Mike Thomas, Dalvin cook, Kittle, Aaron Jones and Chris Carson help. LOL

It’s been quite some time since I’ve seen so much excitement over a 3rd string running back.

Wouldn’t you think a fantasy championship team likely has a couple of backs better than this guy?

You would think that. And if you were looking at my team, you’d be wrong.

It’s been quite some time since I’ve seen so much excitement over a 3rd string running back.

Wouldn’t you think a fantasy championship team likely has a couple of backs better than this guy?

Honestly running the football is a fading thing in the NFL right now. So there are aren't that many better teams for such a prospect as the Vikings are.

I do expect the Vikings to throw the ball a bit more now with Cook and Mattison out, but they still like to run a lot.

But if you rode Cook all year and now he is out or lost Evans or Godwin and can roll him in as a flex there is room for an upside guy like this. 

My opponent picked him up and is starting him over M. Gordon. I had the chance to grab Boone before him when the news broke, but I didn't think that he would bother because he already was starting two good RB's and we have to pay per transaction. I hope that he didn't choose wisely. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!
Always go for the block.

Luck favors the bold!  :pickle:

Soooo...does anyone have ANY concerns right now about Boone?

Cook and Mattison are not ruled out.

If Zimmer comes out with some garbage quote will you waver?

:pickle:

Mike Boone RB | MIN

Vikings' Mike Boone: Closing in on first career start

(1 hr ago) Boone is drawing closer to his first career start Monday against the Packers with Dalvin Cook (chest) and Alexander Mattison (ankle) still unable to practice Friday, Chad Graff of The Athletic reports.

On Thursday, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported the Vikings are considering shutting down Cook for the final two regular-season games to get him healthy for the playoffs. Meanwhile, Mattison continues to deal with swelling and pain due to a sprained ankle that hasn't allowed him to stretch with his teammates before practice the past two weeks. The needle thus is pointing toward the Vikings starting Boone, who has averaged 4.5 YPC on 32 career rushes. While the sample size is small, he'll have a nice matchup on tap versus a Green Bay defense that has yielded 152 yards from scrimmage per game and 15 touchdowns to running backs in 14 contests this season.

VikingFrog said:

well I have McCaffrey and Henry so yes.....Its that flex spot im looking  for an advantage at:)

Users who are viewing this thread