What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Mike Boone, DEN (1 Viewer)

well I have McCaffrey and Henry so yes.....Its that flex spot im looking  for an advantage at:)
I think most folks who made the LCG did so with very good teams. So a moonshot RB2 or Flex, or in Perriman’s case, a WR3 or Flex could make a huge difference this time of year for exactly that sort of advantage. 

I'm ok taking risks at those positions if it gives me a leg up, especially since I’m the underdog in my matchup. 

Biabreakable said:
I think we all want a good Boone this week not the bad one, although I appreciate what you did there.

How about let the good Boone roll instead?
Bad Boone is good Boone.

I won last year starting Damian Williams and whoever that Jets guy was.  Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.  If he can out score Ertz at the flex I’m interested.

shadyridr said:
So everyone would start Boone at flex over Chark?
That's my decision as well. Actually, Boone, Chark and Gollaway.

Boone could be the steal of the finals, but I'd be way more comfortable (as we all would) with Cook and Mattison officially ruled out.

It comes down to how much you want or need a high risk/reward shot to win the ship.

I'm favored (though not by much - 60/40) and while Boone going off would help any team, the sample size of him going off (or playing, period) is really low so it's hard for me to fully trust -- seems like he can nearly as likely have a dud (maybe the same 60/40 chance he'll boom/bust).

Chark (or Golladay) might not have the same boom potential, but their floor might be more dependable than Boone's.

Guess the overall Q is: When you are favored for the ship, do you mitigate risk (with Chark/Golladay,) or swing for the fences (with Boone) regardless?

Opponent picked him up. Hope he fumbles twice early and they start feeding Thielen. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna be perfectly honest, there are two different things I like about Boone:

1) I like the idea of having a bullet left to fire on Monday night on the big stage. No matter the outcome of Saturday/Sunday, you've got a guy that can drag you across the finish line if everything breaks right.

2) I like the idea of out-of-nowhere guys coming in to win me a Championship. After many years at this, it is one of the few things left that gives that high that original hooked me on this pursuit of ours. i got it last season with CJ Anderson, and am looking for my next fix.

It'll be hard to not whip out the Big Booner if it looks like the storms will affect Parkers day tomorrow.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
been calling him boones farm
Hopefully I feel better the morning after Mike Boone than a morning after Boone's Farm.  No purple vomit.

FBG rankings has him higher than Chubb.  The BAL defense scares me, though Chubb destroyed them earlier in the year.  This is a tough decision. 

Mike Boone looks great on film.  He is a small dude, but solid.  His running style reminds me of Doug Martin.  I think he gets a minimum of 20 touches if Cook and Mattison are out.  When there is no hole, he might hesitate too much and get easily tackled behind the line of scrimmage.  But there will be plenty of holes against the Packers.  Here are youtube videos of his 2018 preseason.  I couldn't find any youtube videos with every touch in the 2019 preseason but he was even better in the preseason of 2019 than in the preseason of 2018.

Every play 2018 preseason Week1

Every play 2018 preseason Week 2

Every play 2018 preseason Week 3

Every play 2018 preseason Week 4

I am torn.  No way I can  sit my big guns.  Carson, Chubb, T Hill all play regardless of opponent.  Best WR is perelman so he plays.

Left with D Freeman, Boone, M Sanders, Gallup, Mostert

How in the heck I am in the losers section this year I have no clue.  Oh yeah, my team was the most scored against in the league by a wide margin.  😐

I'm gonna be perfectly honest, there are two different things I like about Boone:

1) I like the idea of having a bullet left to fire on Monday night on the big stage. No matter the outcome of Saturday/Sunday, you've got a guy that can drag you across the finish line if everything breaks right.

2) I like the idea of out-of-nowhere guys coming in to win me a Championship. After many years at this, it is one of the few things left that gives that high that original hooked me on this pursuit of ours. i got it last season with CJ Anderson, and am looking for my next fix.
I couldn’t agree with both of these points any more! Great job here.

so many people struggling with indecision for the championship week this week...i'm in the same boat

right now i have boone in over gallup and perriman in over shepherd

I've been lucky with injuries all year.  Managed to hold the #1 waiver wire spot, waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.  Was nervous about going into the championship game with Lindsay.  Grabbed Boone this week.  As an added bonus, my opponent either didn't feel he needed Perrimen or just didn't pick him up.  Ended up snagging him too.

Mine is choose one of Boone, Hunter Henry and OJ Howard (ppr, and 1.5ppr for TE).

Normally in a TE premium I'd choose a TE, but HH has been very quiet lately, and OJH is very hard to trust, especially with Brate there too. Could easily see OJH with a 3/28 line.

Probably going Boone.

News as of this morning say it’s a “long shot” Mattison plays Monday night.. Word on cook was they may shut him down til the playoffs and a high probability he at least doesn’t play this week. being a monday game is the big issue here without either “officially” being ruled out yet. 

With everything pointing at Boone currently in line to get the bulk of carries against a suspect run defense, he could indeed be a league winner. If he has a dud, cook or mattison manage to play, he could also lose us a league. Really making it a tough choice to make on sat or sun afternoon  

my problem is I need to pick 2 of Boone(mon night), Fuller (1 pm game today) and Edelman (4 pm game today). Honestly, I may sit Edelman. Injuries, matchup, no help at wr, struggling offense... 

just hoping for something a little more concrete out of minny before 1 or 4 🤷‍♂️

Currently have Boone in over James White in one league. Sitting Boone for Carson and Miles Sanders in my other.

Don't really have a back up if Cook or Mattison play and I bench White today.

Really would like to see Cook and Mattison ruled out today. Probably not going to happen.

Should get one last practice report sometime soon.

Have Mattison as well just in case he's a miracle start over Boone. 

Other backup plans: 

* A. Lazard -- Could see him getting deep against the MN secondary.

Alexander Mattison (ankle) was cleared for individual drills at Saturday's practice.

He'll likely be listed as limited. It's a step in the right direction for Mattison, who's shaping up as a game-time decision. With Dalvin Cook not expected to play, the Vikings may try to push Mattison at less than 100 percent.

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Dec 21, 2019, 12:33 PM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/50161/alexander-mattison

Alexander Mattison (ankle) was cleared for individual drills at Saturday's practice.

He'll likely be listed as limited. It's a step in the right direction for Mattison, who's shaping up as a game-time decision. With Dalvin Cook not expected to play, the Vikings may try to push Mattison at less than 100 percent.

SOURCE: Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Dec 21, 2019, 12:33 PM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/50161/alexander-mattison
Ummmmm....any concern here?

Flexing Boone in a PPR redraft over Golladay (at DEN) and Mostert (vs LAR). Also starting Perriman vs HOU and McLaurin vs NYG over Golladay. Also have Mattison as emergency plug in in case something changes between now and Monday night. Tough call but it's all situational for LCG, and I like Boone's situation better than Mostert and especially Golladay. I hope luck does favor the bold.

Do you start Singletary today or wait on Mattison with a pivot to Jamal Williams if necessary?

Do you start Singletary today or wait on Mattison with a pivot to Jamal Williams if necessary?

If you only have Mattison and no Boone I'd say Singletary even though I don't like the matchup. Edit if you have Boone as well id hold out.

• Thanks
Reactions: SCT
Bloom's thoughts...

Sigmund Bloom‏ @SigmundBloom 6m6 minutes ago

More

Sigmund Bloom Retweeted Ben Goessling

This tells me that ill-advised or not, Vikings are considering playing Mattison. Mattison, even if active, is not trustworthy. I'm not backing off of Boone, but I understand folks taking him out for options they feel better about in light of this. It's Week 16, do your thing

Sigmund Bloom added,

Ben GoesslingVerified account @GoesslingStrib

Dalvin Cook is out for Monday night: Alexander Mattison is questionable, after getting on the practice field for the first time on Saturday.

11 replies0 retweets13 likes

Retweet

I was sold on Boone over White in PPR but this Mattison news scares me. White has been steady and I'm a very slight favorite.

Its one thing to gamble a bit, but if Mattison starts I'm stuck with Alan Lazard. Stressful. Might just ride with White.

Flexing Boone in a PPR redraft over Golladay (at DEN) and Mostert (vs LAR). Also starting Perriman vs HOU and McLaurin vs NYG over Golladay. Also have Mattison as emergency plug in in case something changes between now and Monday night. Tough call but it's all situational for LCG, and I like Boone's situation better than Mostert and especially Golladay. I hope luck does favor the bold.
Like you, I am also playing Boone and Perriman. So far Perriman has 7 targets today although only 2 for 40 at half. 

Will be curious if Bloom/Dodds/Tremblay lower their projections for Boone now along with other experts. See if they get spooked or not.

Will be curious if Bloom/Dodds/Tremblay lower their projections for Boone now along with other experts. See if they get spooked or not.
It is just hard to believe Mattison is going to do much this soon after a HAS.  For now, I am sticking with Boone.

Users who are viewing this thread