What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Mike Boone, DEN (1 Viewer)

I really think Mattison playing comes down to the 49ers/Rams game later today. If the Rams lose Minnesota is almost locked in to the 6th seed and no reason to play Mattison. Go niners

I really think Mattison playing comes down to the 49ers/Rams game later today. If the Rams lose Minnesota is almost locked in to the 6th seed and no reason to play Mattison. Go niners
That’s what I’m waiting to see results from. luckily, I have a back up plan. Unluckily, that back up plan is starting tomorrow at 1 o’clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry downgraded and Hop's latest stinker and I was hoping for a home run from Boone. Mattison is another Breida it seems......

There is a big difference between game speed and 'individual drills'.  If the HAS is true, no way Mattison goes. 

Boone is not a feasible option until Cook and Mattison are ruled out.  It's that simple.  If that does not occur by 1pm EST, then you're just gambling if you go with Boone.

Boone is not a feasible option until Cook and Mattison are ruled out.  It's that simple.  If that does not occur by 1pm EST, then you're just gambling if you go with Boone.
Doesn’t seem to me that Mattison will be getting a ton of action even if he suits up: I could be wrong. Of course depends on alternatives but I’m comfortable with Boone even if Mattison isn’t ruled out. 

SF wins. MN clinches a playoff spot.

Maybe this impacts Mattison's status.

Let's see if Schefter has a report around...3 AM.

From dailynorseman.com

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/12/21/21033056/minnesota-vikings-final-injury-report-dalvin-cook-out-alexander-mattison-questionable

Mattison did go through some drills on Saturday and was limited in practice overall. He’s dealing with a high ankle sprain, and his status may ride on whether or not the Vikings have a playoff spot locked up by the time they take the field on Monday night. If the Los Angeles Rams lose on Saturday night and the Vikings are assured of a spot in the postseason, it wouldn’t be surprising to see both Mattison and Cook sit out of this game and the regular season finale against Chicago to allow them to heal up. Mattison might still be a scratch for Monday anyway, but he would definitely be a scratch if the Vikings were no longer worried about securing a playoff spot.

We shall see......

Schefter tweet:

With the Vikings now having wrapped up a playoff slot, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for Minnesota to play injured RB Alexander Mattison. And so with Dalvin Cook out and Mattison hobbled, Monday night figures to be the Mike Boone show.

Schefter tweet:

With the Vikings now having wrapped up a playoff slot, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for Minnesota to play injured RB Alexander Mattison. And so with Dalvin Cook out and Mattison hobbled, Monday night figures to be the Mike Boone show.
Schefter rarely goes out on a limb. He must know something.

I own Mattison and Boone. With MN clinching a playoff berth and understanding that Mattison hasn't had a full practice for two weeks with a HAS...and is a rookie...I'm planning on rolling with Boone. 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/50161/alexander-mattison

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Now assured of a playoff spot (San Francisco eliminated the Rams with Saturday's victory), there's no reason for Mattison to push it at less than 100 percent. Schefter confirms it will be the Mike Boone Show when the Vikings renew their long-standing rivalry with Green Bay Monday in Minneapolis. Slated for workhorse usage against a Packers defense that has allowed the ninth-most rushing yards per game, Boone checks all the RB2 boxes for Week 16.

RELATED: 

Mike Boone

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 22, 2019, 9:12 AM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/50161/alexander-mattison

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Now assured of a playoff spot (San Francisco eliminated the Rams with Saturday's victory), there's no reason for Mattison to push it at less than 100 percent. Schefter confirms it will be the Mike Boone Show when the Vikings renew their long-standing rivalry with Green Bay Monday in Minneapolis. Slated for workhorse usage against a Packers defense that has allowed the ninth-most rushing yards per game, Boone checks all the RB2 boxes for Week 16.

RELATED: 

Mike Boone

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 22, 2019, 9:12 AM ET
Finally! Thank you 49ers.

Daniel Boone now has his musket Locked and Loaded. Let's Do Dis.....

That Schefter tweet is promising I mus say. 

Curious if this is just pure speculation though or does he have insider knowledge.

Right now Boone is in my lineup.

Rotonews reporting Mattison is expected to sit. Time to shoot for the Boone!

EDIT: I guess that's not really new news but still. Gotta believe.

Mack out of my lineup, Boone in. 

lets do this. Leeroyyyyyyyyyyymmmjeeeenkiiiins! 
Same. Short bench went Boone. Hoping there’s some PPR upside at least more than Mack. I just worry that GB has a ton to play for and gets up big.  

Mack is at least at home vs a rookie QB and favored. 

Flip flopping back and forth between Freeman and Boone, I think I'm leaning Boone with the recent news.

Going with the better offense in the more meaningful game. I don’t trust Brissett to extend drives, and while Boone *might* get a catch or two, I know for certain Mack won’t.  I trust the Vikings to extend drives. I can’t say that about the Colts. 
The Colts offense could possibly get a lot of opportunities on the field if Grier can't move the offense or turns the ball over. Nobody knows how Grier will do in his first game, so anything is possible. I'm sure the cats will try to go through McCaffrey. 

The Colts offense could possibly get a lot of opportunities on the field if Grier can't move the offense or turns the ball over. Nobody knows how Grier will do in his first game, so anything is possible. I'm sure the cats will try to go through McCaffrey. 
That may be true. And it may also be true that both teams suck. They’re not playing for anything & moreover, I don’t want to have watch them do that.

“You’re my boy, Boone!”

Just keep me in small striking distance for tomorrow night or better yet up going into MNF! #wishfulthinking #BooneTrain 

Some of you must be running a similar stable of RBs today...

My RB2 and Flex must be filled with 2 of these 3

Marlon Mack-He only has 5 rush TDs on the season and hasn't done a lot since returning from injury in Weeks 14 and 15. 

D.Freeman-Only 1 rush TD on the season, Non-PPR so he truly is more of an RB3 thought in that format. I just don't trust him much. 

M.Boone-It sure looks like he is going to bet a lot of touches, hope he can hold up. I hate to wait and then he exits the game after 10 carries. But that's the gamble but he sure looks like a Top10 play this week. I like that the Vikes are at home and playing for a Division and high seed in the playoffs. 

I've played with 2-3 combinations and am leaning Mack-Boone

Am I crazy to start Boon over Chubb or Kamara?

I'm a huge underdog now and have 4 viable RB's in Ekeler, Kamara, Chubb, & Boone, of which I can only start 3.... :wall:

Some of you must be running a similar stable of RBs today...

My RB2 and Flex must be filled with 2 of these 3

Marlon Mack-He only has 5 rush TDs on the season and hasn't done a lot since returning from injury in Weeks 14 and 15. 

D.Freeman-Only 1 rush TD on the season, Non-PPR so he truly is more of an RB3 thought in that format. I just don't trust him much. 

M.Boone-It sure looks like he is going to bet a lot of touches, hope he can hold up. I hate to wait and then he exits the game after 10 carries. But that's the gamble but he sure looks like a Top10 play this week. I like that the Vikes are at home and playing for a Division and high seed in the playoffs. 

I've played with 2-3 combinations and am leaning Mack-Boone
I already went with Perriman at Flex (19.2) so for me it’s Carson at RB1, and since I benched Singletary & Michele yesterday it’s either Mack or Boone at RB2. 

It just feels more fun to start Boone. For one that’s a great, classic game between two teams that are fun to watch in a huge game for both of them. 

for another, I have a sick feeling from Mack since his return. I understand it’s been against brutal defenses, but he had .5 points & was phased early out against NOS. Of course CAR is a run-funnel, but INDY isn’t a good offense, nor are they particularly committed to the run. Plus Brissett likes to run & occasionally vulture TDs.

And Mack won’t get any receptions, while it’s possible that Boone gets a dump off or 3.

finally, it’s a prime time game, and a damn good one, and I love having “last laugh” in my matchups. I have Adams & Bailey going, so now I’ve got a RB as well. 

I’m also an underdog so the moon-shot of Boone getting 20+ touches in a run-first offense with a solid OL is very appealing. 

And as someone wisely said earlier - after decades of playing this game, there’s a certain rush of capturing the magic of a potential game-winning RB with fresh legs coming out of nowhere to win you a championship. Those opportunities are rare, and the rush that comes with it is as exciting as anything in this game we all love. :wub:  

I already went with Perriman at Flex (19.2) so for me it’s Carson at RB1, and since I benched Singletary & Michele yesterday it’s either Mack or Boone at RB2. 

It just feels more fun to start Boone. For one that’s a great, classic game between two teams that are fun to watch in a huge game for both of them. 

for another, I have a sick feeling from Mack since his return. I understand it’s been against brutal defenses, but he had .5 points & was phased early out against NOS. Of course CAR is a run-funnel, but INDY isn’t a good offense, nor are they particularly committed to the run. Plus Brissett likes to run & occasionally vulture TDs.

And Mack won’t get any receptions, while it’s possible that Boone gets a dump off or 3.

finally, it’s a prime time game, and a damn good one, and I love having “last laugh” in my matchups. I have Adams & Bailey going, so now I’ve got a RB as well. 

I’m also an underdog so the moon-shot of Boone getting 20+ touches in a run-first offense with a solid OL is very appealing. 

And as someone wisely said earlier - after decades of playing this game, there’s a certain rush of capturing the magic of a potential game-winning RB with fresh legs coming out of nowhere to win you a championship. Those opportunities are rare, and the rush that comes with it is as exciting as anything in this game we all love. :wub:  
Same for me but I have Drake or Boone as RB2.  Really having a hard time with this one.

having your guy go last because he's playing on Monday and starting a fresh RB for the "rush" are not sound reasons IMHO..

having your guy go last because he's playing on Monday and starting a fresh RB for the "rush" are not sound reasons IMHO..
I never said they were valid reasons. They’re just my reasons. And hey, it’s my roster, so I’m doin what makes me happy. 

LEEEROOOOY MMMMMMJEEEEEENNNNNKINNNNNSS!

:pickle:

good luck today if you’re in the LCG! 

Boone over Fournette, Kamara or Mixon? I left Perriman on my bench. I just can't pull the trigger on this lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread