Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Elevencents

Mike Boone - RB Vikings

have been starting Laird the last 3 weeks in my 16 team PPR league. Starting Boone over him this week

Edited by JoeSteeler

2 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

have been starting Laird the last 3 weeks in my 16 team PPR league. Starting Boone over him this week

Early in the week had Laird in there. Then moved to D. Washington. Now it's Boone.

26 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Right now Boone is on my bench for Fournette, Mixon, and A. Jones.  With Mixon stomach bug I may be taking him out for Boone.

Same situation with Mixon. If Cincy gets a lead I could see them giving Mixon some rest time. Still have Mixon in over Boone, but Minny needs this win.

Decisions decisions...pardon me while I overthink this.

Just now, Scooby1974 said:

Same situation with Mixon. If Cincy gets a lead I could see them giving Mixon some rest time. Still have Mixon in over Boone, but Minny needs this win.

Decisions decisions...pardon me while I overthink this.

I just pulled Mixon for Boone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I just pulled Mixon for Boone

Just now, lsufan said:

I also pulled Mixon for Boone. I could go Ekeler also. Ekeler or Boone lol? 

same, pulled mixon for Boone. we all ride or die together!! I'd go Boone over Ekeler. Feels like the chargers will get up making it a Gordon game.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lsufan said:

I also pulled Mixon for Boone. I could go Ekeler also. Ekeler or Boone lol? 

I just pulled Mixon for Boone. Now watch Mixon pull a Michael Jordan and go for 200 and 3 Td's while puking all over everyone.

1 minute ago, jerseys finest said:

same, pulled mixon for Boone. we all ride or die together!! I'd go Boone over Ekeler. Feels like the chargers will get up making it a Gordon game.

Agreed. I think Gordon pulls too much from Ekeler.

6 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

I just pulled Mixon for Boone. Now watch Mixon pull a Michael Jordan and go for 200 and 3 Td's while puking all over everyone.

I thought this as I made the switch 🤮

I think it is a huge leap of faith to bench Mixon for Boone.

I guess if you think he is that sick he won't be effective.

I sure hope Boone doesn't fail given some of the choices I am hearing you guys make.

Kicking myself for not benching Chubb in favor of Boone. Damnit. 

Freeman has to be making owners that benched him feeling pretty sorry about now. Im sure Boone is going to have a strong night but it will be hard to top 15-20 I'm thinking. 

Pulled AJ Brown for Mike Boone. Hoping I don't regret that.

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Freeman has to be making owners that benched him feeling pretty sorry about now. Im sure Boone is going to have a strong night but it will be hard to top 15-20 I'm thinking. 

I nearly did but his matchup was too good, Jags playing like they quit. Sat AJ instead because I worried about the Lattimore matchup and he doesn't have a catch yet (ran for a 49 yard TD).

Edited by The Frankman

2 hours ago, jerseys finest said:

I thought this as I made the switch 🤮

Well, so far we are in the clear. Mixon has 3pts on my bench. I think we guessed right today.

• Like 1

####### Chubb.  Sigh.  I knew it was going down exactly like this.  Still looking like I'm gonna win the championship, but I'd have felt a lot better about it had I benched Chubb for Boone.

2 minutes ago, Otis said:

####### Chubb.  Sigh.  I knew it was going down exactly like this.  Still looking like I'm gonna win the championship, but I'd have felt a lot better about it had I benched Chubb for Boone.

Huh? Who cares if you win anyway.

After all the debating this situation, I won today even without him scoring a point tomorrow night!  

6 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Not sure I'm gonna win yet.  I'd feel a lot more sure if I still had Boone to go, instead of the 45 rushing yards from Chubb.

20 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Inquiring FBG’s Care

6 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

It was like musical chairs or a roulette wheel, kept flip flopping between Boone and Freeman and ended up starting Boone at the last minute. By 1:30 I was sick to my stomach but thankfully I'm still in a position to overcome that blunder as long as my 3 MNF guys don't crap the bed.

43 minutes ago, az_prof said:

After all the debating this situation, I won today even without him scoring a point tomorrow night!  

Jealous.  (I did too but not in the league that matters.  I need Kelce to GREATLY trim the lead to make it possible) :(

13 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Need Kelce and ARob to show up tonight

Might not need very much at all from Boone by MNF game, 

I need Kelce to do way more to have a shot with Boone.  You at least will have garbage time ARob points.  

Man, this is going to make for one of the most fascinating Monday nights ever. Championship week, it feels like this guy is in every matchup. And it feels like everything is on the table.

Could he go for 100_+ and multiple scores? Absolutely.

Could he look like an overwhelmed third-stringer and barely do anything? Sure could.

Would the Vikings count on Cook being back for the playoffs and go all-in on one night of Boone, giving him 30+ carries and wearing him into paste? It's possible.

Could Zimmer bench him after one early fumble, or get clever and swerve us all by going with Abdullah as the main guy instead? Not hard to imagine.

This is nuts. Good luck to everyone, whatever good luck looks like.

• Thanks 1

Is Boone capable of receiving out of the backfield or will this be an Abdullah third down thing? 

40 minutes ago, smcindoe said:

Man, this is going to make for one of the most fascinating Monday nights ever. Championship week, it feels like this guy is in every matchup. And it feels like everything is on the table.

Could he go for 100_+ and multiple scores? Absolutely.

Could he look like an overwhelmed third-stringer and barely do anything? Sure could.

Would the Vikings count on Cook being back for the playoffs and go all-in on one night of Boone, giving him 30+ carries and wearing him into paste? It's possible.

Could Zimmer bench him after one early fumble, or get clever and swerve us all by going with Abdullah as the main guy instead? Not hard to imagine.

This is nuts. Good luck to everyone, whatever good luck looks like.

Well said. :( (nervous) need more Kelce somehow. 

The way tonight is going, I’m going to need a decent game from Boone. Almost certainly 40 yards and a TD at this point.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Is Boone capable of receiving out of the backfield? 

Yes he is....but not his forte necessarily.

If you check out his preseason stats, he has had some of his longest gains on passes. At his pro-day, his "burst score" was graded in the 99th percentile....so if he gets the ball in space, he can house it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stat Correction said:

Yes he is....but not his forte necessarily.

If you check out his preseason stats, he has had some of his longest gains on passes. At his pro-day, his "burst score" was graded in the 99th percentile....so if he gets the ball in space, he can house it.

Hopefully they try and call the same screens that have been effective for Cook and to some extent Mattison. 

34 minutes ago, Workhorse said:

The way tonight is going, I’m going to need a decent game from Boone. Almost certainly 40 yards and a TD at this point.

Same. Could have sealed it with playing almost anyone else I was considering.  I do this to myself. Going to be a long workday and then night tomorrow. #nervous. 

Only need 60 points from him tomorrow.  feeling good.

4 minutes ago, joffer said:

Only need 60 points from him tomorrow.  feeling good.

1 point per yard?

4 minutes ago, Stat Correction said:

Alright, the table is set.

Need 13 non-ppr points from him to win the title.

Expecting the Abdulah show, lol.

Abdullah will definitely get snaps. Can't imagine much because Minnesota doesn't run their backfield like the Colts or Lions. Still, I need a good game from Boone (and Jones on the other side). 

Edited by oddsbodkins

I need him to score 10 to win in one league. That could definitely happen.

I also need him to outscore D Adams and Diggs in another league. Errr...

Ok Boone, here's your chance to be remembered forever by fantasy players. 

4 minutes ago, jwb said:

I need him to score 10 to win in one league. That could definitely happen.

I also need him to outscore D Adams and Diggs in another league. Errr...

Ok Boone, here's your chance to be remembered forever by fantasy players. 

He’ll be remembered either way.  I’m with you. 10 from Boone in PPR.  Going to be a rough day.  See you in the game thread tomorrow! Good Luck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oddsbodkins said:

Let us all Boondoggle in the game thread tomorrow. 

Haha! See you there!  Boone goes the dynamite. 

• Like 1