What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Mike Boone, DEN (1 Viewer)

Ok Boone, here's your chance to be remembered forever by fantasy players. 
Okay, the age-old fantasy football Fresh legs + opportunity theory about to be put to the ultimate test tomorrow.

I definitely like that it is on the big stage on Monday Night. On a strictly personal level, Mr. Boone knows that this is his big chance that he has worked most of his life for, so you should have the motivation theory going too. 

We shall see.

I need 2.3 points out of him to win my championship game. Picked him up and started him when I lost Henry. I wouldn't have planned my championship run any differently.

Can't believe I'm on the verge of winning a championship with 4 players I grabbed off the waiver wire this week (Boone, Perriman, Greg Ward, and Daniel Jones).

Been playing for 20 years and I've never seen a Week 16 like that.

I may or may not have watched Mike Boone preseason highlights last night. A whole lot of bad tackling by future car salesmen. 

No Boone action on DKs. Scary. 

Adams is 6.5 for 77.5 

Jones is 59.5 rushing  2.5/26.5 rec 

Diggs is 4.5 for 67.5

Thielen is 3.5 57.5 

Down by 2 with Boone versus opponents’s Rodgers. I got a chance at least. Sure wish I would have played Jarrod Cook over Bell in my flex. Switched it last minute. Oh well. You live and die by these decisions....

If Mattison is out, what do we think a safe floor for this guy is?  

I'm trying to decide between him or Diggs for my flex.  0.5 PPR.

Kirk Cousins is winless on MNF, so I'm thinking Boone is safer, but I need at least 10 points.

smcindoe said:
There is no safe floor. He could be amazing, he could barely play, he could start and fumble and get benched. Widest range of realistic outcomes I can remember for a guy with this many eyes on him.
I’m now scared I started him.  FBGs staff a lot higher than anywhere else. It’s my fault if I don’t hit but they get some credit if it’s right.  

smcindoe said:
There is no safe floor. He could be amazing, he could barely play, he could start and fumble and get benched. Widest range of realistic outcomes I can remember for a guy with this many eyes on him.
But barely play and benched for whom?  Ameer Abdullah?  The fullback Ham?  If Mattison is out, they've really got minimal options.  

But I hear you.  This guy is not a proven commodity and to potentially risk your championship on him might be foolish, especially in my case over someone established like Diggs.  But Cousins has struggled on Monday nights, and just thinking that he can't really screw up handing the ball off...

But barely play and benched for whom?  Ameer Abdullah?  The fullback Ham?  If Mattison is out, they've really got minimal options.  
Maybe it’s the pessimist in me, but I could absolutely see Zimmer going mostly with Abdullah, either because he’s the hot hand or because he’s overthinking it and decides it will catch the Packers off guard or whatever. 

Maybe it’s the pessimist in me, but I could absolutely see Zimmer going mostly with Abdullah, either because he’s the hot hand or because he’s overthinking it and decides it will catch the Packers off guard or whatever. 
What do you need exactly? 

Heck, let's over-analyze some more.

Here are o-line metrics and rankings through week 15. Vikings come in at #5 overall (outta 32, of course), with the 2nd most rush attempts in the league (trailing only SF).

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019
Vikings Oline healthy?  Will Zimmer run his offense the same way they ran Cook or will he try to lean on Cousins all night and get Thielen playoff reps. 

Vikings Oline healthy?  Will Zimmer run his offense the same way they ran Cook or will he try to lean on Cousins all night and get Thielen playoff reps. 
Well, if I were Zimmer, I would deem it a wise coaching policy to keep Rodgers/Adams/Jones off the field as much as possible. Of course, that would entail establishing and sticking with the run game.

I have a bad feeling about this one.  I fear the scenario where the Pack jump in front by 10+ and Abdullah ends with 70% of the snaps.  

Minn. fans defensive opinions needed:

Looks like Adams and Jones had good games earlier in the year at GB. 

Has your D gotten better or worse since? 

Better at home? 

I have Boone tonight against Adams/Jones. 

Im up by 26 but nervous. We have 5 pt. bonuses for going over 100 YDS. Either could, but Adams looks more likely. 

From a Washington Post article today:

With Cook ruled out this week and Mattison still banged up, Monday night “figures to be the Mike Boone show,” as ESPN’s Adam Schefter declared on Sunday.

“It’ll feel good if that’s the case. I could finally get a start and try to make the most of it,” Boone said Friday of that possibility (via vikings.com). “It’s Monday Night Football, man. As a kid, that’s what you dream of."

It’s not just that Boone appears to be in good position to put up some numbers Monday, though, it’s also that he has impressed before in limited action, such as during preseason games.

“I remember that last [preseason] game, you’re like, ‘Get him out of there! We need that guy for the season,'" Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen said of Boone on Friday. “He’s just so talented and runs the football with a mentality that you don’t see every day."

Alright, Mr. Boone - Go out there and leave it all on the field. Secure your future and make you dreams come true.

From a Washington Post article today:

With Cook ruled out this week and Mattison still banged up, Monday night “figures to be the Mike Boone show,” as ESPN’s Adam Schefter declared on Sunday.

“It’ll feel good if that’s the case. I could finally get a start and try to make the most of it,” Boone said Friday of that possibility (via vikings.com). “It’s Monday Night Football, man. As a kid, that’s what you dream of."

It’s not just that Boone appears to be in good position to put up some numbers Monday, though, it’s also that he has impressed before in limited action, such as during preseason games.

“I remember that last [preseason] game, you’re like, ‘Get him out of there! We need that guy for the season,'" Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen said of Boone on Friday. “He’s just so talented and runs the football with a mentality that you don’t see every day."

Alright, Mr. Boone - Go out there and leave it all on the field. Secure your future and make you dreams come true.
Weird tweet by Shefty “Mike Boone show”. Sounds like he’s playing against him and trying to reverse karma this. Weird speculation when no other news about Mattison is out there or if they plan on using Abdullah. 

Weird tweet by Shefty “Mike Boone show”. Sounds like he’s playing against him and trying to reverse karma this. Weird speculation when no other news about Mattison is out there or if they plan on using Abdullah. 
Not needing to play Mattison tonight, Minn. can use Boone as lead with Abdullah spelling him. 

Boone should get bulk and GL carries. 

Does Boone have good hands? Didnt see his pre season play. 

Not needing to play Mattison tonight, Minn. can use Boone as lead with Abdullah spelling him. 

Boone should get bulk and GL carries. 

Does Boone have good hands? Didnt see his pre season play. 
I’ve heard he’s capable. The preseason highlights were him running to the edge easily vs 4th stringers.  Was hard to tell but I’m no expert.  I think Waldman likes him which is why Bloom is all over Boone this game. 

Weird speculation when no other news about Mattison is out there or if they plan on using Abdullah. 
The fact that Schefter is choosing to speculate at all makes me think he has an inside source but the source can't confirm it 100%.  People who are relying on Mattison tonight without a good backup option must be sweating bullets.

I have a bad feeling about this one.  I fear the scenario where the Pack jump in front by 10+ and Abdullah ends with 70% of the snaps.  
That's the fear.  But if Boone is there best back and he has decent hands, then I think he should get some play, no?

We will know obviously if Mattison is out or not.  I could pivot to Diggs, but most I'm guessing don't have that option.

He a very capable back; he's flashed anytime he's gotten reps and is a tough runner . He has a very favorable PlayerProfiler ranking and ranked as a 91st percent SPARQ athlete. To me it's not a matter of "Can he play against 1st stringers"; it's "Can he dominate vs. a team weak against the run"? Also let's not underestimate his receiving prowess, courtesy of NFL.com

Boone was rated as a wide receiver by high school recruiting services, as he caught 57 passes for 1,068 yards and 18 touchdowns for Baker County High in Florida. It's easy to see why he chose to be a tailback for the Bearcats, however, with his compact build and bullish running style. Coaches thought he would redshirt to learn a new position, but they were forced to play him due to injuries; Boone ended up leading the team with 650 rushing yards (just 101 carries) and scored nine times in nine games. He played in 11 games (one start) the following year, covering 749 yards and nine scores on 104 totes while splitting time with Hosey Williams. Boone's junior year was somewhat disappointing (105 carries, 388 yards, two touchdowns, 20 catches, 249 receiving yards, 21 kick returns for 506 yards in nine games) because of lingering injuries, including a foot malady that ultimately cost him the end of the season. He still played in 10 games, starting nine, as a senior in 2017 (110 carries, 484 yards, four touchdowns; 24 catches, 177 yards, one touchdown reception).
In reality, the Vikings should be able to run the same stuff they run for Cook, the only thing I wonder about is his pass blocking.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the same boat as a handful of you. After some underwhelming performances on my team and some overperformances from the other team(thanks Barkley 😡), I'm going to need a combined 48 points from Boone and Adams. Luckily it is a 1 PPR league. Feed Boone and Adams!!  Crossing everything possible and praying to any god that will listen!! 

Possible? Yes. Probable? Probably Not. At least it looks to be 2 focal point players for each team. BE LEAGUE WINNERS!!!!

Rule # 76 - No excuses, play like a champion!

Down by six in PPR. I have Boone and he has Jones. I don’t like my chances but I guess stranger things have happened 
Game play will determine this. If the Vikings get a lead and lean on the run and the Pack go pass heavy to catch up you have a chance. If it goes the other way, not so much.

Any Minn. Homers know any more about Mattison. I have him and Boone. 

Id like to sit Mattison so hope he's out. 

Just hate to have him start and tweek his ankle and leave early. 

Boone goes the Dynamite 2night!!
It's going to be awe inspiring on this eve of the eve of the birth of the savior to hear 80,000 people erupting in "BOOOOOOONE!!!" cheers every time he performs a miracle, turning a 2 yard loss into a 20 yard gain. 

16-66-0 with 2-12-0 is my call.  Hope it’s more than that, but I think the Vikes offense struggles early tonight in Primetime and Boone goes mediocre on us hopeful owners.

Do we really think GB is going to go off offensively in MN? I can see this being a 17-13 type grind fest where there are plenty of rushing attempts for both teams. I'll go 15-81-1 for Boone. Jones to get 14-63-1. Everyone in this thread to go home happy!

Do we really think GB is going to go off offensively in MN? I can see this being a 17-13 type grind fest where there are plenty of rushing attempts for both teams. I'll go 15-81-1 for Boone. Jones to get 14-63-1. Everyone in this thread to go home happy!
I like this guys takes more.  Everyone wins! Lol

Spread is kind of weird. -4.5 for the home team that has much less to play for and without Cook. Not to mention Cousins 0-8 on MNF.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegas has it 47 points total with Minn favored by 4.5 to 5pts. I hope you are right and it goes under. 21-17 would work. I need Rogers to spread the ball around to 6 different receivers. LoL, just not all to Adams. 

Can Minn. Take away Adams with one CB or Safety help and force someone else to beat them????

BREAKING:

Mike Boone slipped on a sheet of ice in the parking lot at US Bank Stadium, sprains ankle and will be inactive tonight.

fake news, been waiting for this update all day, it did not come. [\spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread