What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Road to the 2020 Belmont Stakes * * * MAXFIELD OUT (1 Viewer)

otb_lifer

Footballguy
Maxfield

just romped in the Futurity at Keeneland ... big, beautiful, powerful - blew the ####### doors off the field - had plenty left in the tank.  

by Street Sense, out of a Bernardini bottom ... oh, and won his maiden try at Churchill. 

i'm usually not one for futures, things flip on a ####### dime in this gig ... and we've seen a few recent vintage Derby winners not even being offered on the first or second fututes go 'round. 

but this beast is a beast. 

trained by Walsh, shed at Godolphin barn ... if you never see me in this thread again, just remember who gave ya the winner:

MAXFIELD. 

BEHOLD

dead last at first call, starts moving slightly past the 1/4 ... dream trip, inhaling everything in sight ... expertly rationed by Ortiz - this cat won for fun - literally toying with an over matched field that look like Shetland ponies in comparison. 

i gush, he flat-out dazzles.  a most magnifico beast.

i actually hope he bounces in the Juvey so i can get a 15-1 type of plunk when that first futures book opens - and im'ma go big as i can once it does. 

Follow the otb road
Follow the KyD road
Follow, follow, follow, follow
Follow the otb road 

Follow the rainbow over the stream
Follow the fellow who follows a dream
Follow this wonderful road

Weeee're off to see the Derby
The first saturday in May
We hear it is a race of a race
If ever a race there was
If ever, oh ever a race there was

The Run for the Roses is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because what those wonderful horses does
We're off to chase the Derby
The greatest two minutes in sports!

Last edited by a moderator:
:blackdot: 🏇🏇🏇🏇🏇🏇🏇🏇🏇🏇

Was just starting to turn my focus towards the Breeders Cup in a few weeks.

Thanks for this.👍🏻

oh, hell yeah ... we'll be tracking BC goodness in a couple/few weeks, no doubt.   interested to see how much luv Max gets for the Juvey - as i said earlier, i am legit hoping for a major bounce  - ergo cooling him off at the future windows - then he'll freshen, and pop back out for a January prep (would love to see him up here for the Jerome).

Follow the otb road
Follow the KyD road
Follow the otb road 

Follow the rainbow over the stream
Follow the fellow who follows a dream
Follow this wonderful road

Weeee're off to see the Derby
The first saturday in May
We hear it is a race of a race
If ever a race there was
If ever, oh ever a race there was

The Run for the Roses is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because what those wonderful horses does
We're off to chase the Derby
The greatest two minutes in sports!
:clap:

starring yours truly as the Tin Man ...

@Man of Constant Sorrow as the Scarecrow ... 

you, good sir, would be our Wizard, of course ...

we need to fill:  Cowardly Lion, ToTo, Auntie Em, Wicked Witch, Uncle Henry ...

oh, and Munckins.  we'll need a couple dozen of those lil' bastids. 

and Pink Floyd.  we gotta synch this #### up - @rockaction  would make an ideal Syd Barret, but he (Syd) was fried beyond recog for "Dark Side" ... whereas our gb is currently on the temperance kick (hope yer still abstaining, RockyA)

:deadhorse:

:clap:

starring yours truly as the Tin Man ...

@Man of Constant Sorrow as the Scarecrow ... 

you, good sir, would be our Wizard, of course ...
i'd be more comfortable as the Mayor of Munchkin City, so i could make proclamations like "you'll be his-,you'll be his-,you'll be HIStory!!! and have that giant stopwatch to time workouts. and i do have my Dorothy moments.....

wOwEE! i've probably charted 10,000 races in my lifetime and watched as many more and i aint NEVER seen a juvenile pick up & put down an entire field from half to quarter pole. The middle move is the most mature & dominant action there is, usually the territory of oversized late bloomers. Man o' Manischewitz!!

i'd be more comfortable as the Mayor of Munchkin City, 
::looks around::

aren't you already?

:shrug:

and i do have my Dorothy moments.....
.... go on  :coffee:

wOwEE! i've probably charted 10,000 races in my lifetime and watched as many more and i aint NEVER seen a juvenile pick up & put down an entire field from half to quarter pole. The middle move is the most mature & dominant action there is, usually the territory of oversized late bloomers. Man o' Manischewitz!!
most telling part of the race was slightly past 1/2 poll, where you could see him absolutely motoring ... they distappeared behind the trees for a minute, then ... WALA!  there he was - truckin' fools like dey were in cement booties .... fastest fraction of the race was 1/4 to 1/2, and that's when he revved it up. 

think he came home final 1/4 in :24 and change (i know how you lurve that sub :24 metric), and Ortiz was kinda busy on him as he was pulling away - but i honestly think that if this cat needed to chug home at a brisker clip he woulda ... and he looked fresh as #### in the gallop out (he had just raced three weeks prior, so, good sign on conditioning).

plz to note how cuppy Keeneland was on Saturday ... shades of Big Sandy (now, i'm not sayin' ... jus' sayin' that third leg should pose little problem surface wise).

he's winning his routes ... took down a two turn affair, already scored over Churchill ... the beat goes on. 

gonna take a peek at the other early hotshots (Champagne was also run on Saturday), and, of course, Baffert has a couple looming already.  

the Juvey is gonna be a donnybrook ... more interested in that than the Classic, tbh. 

onward and upward we go!

THAT MIDDLE MOOOVE! 

:hifive:

So - the season is nearing. That means it is time for me to get my hat ready.

I don't have much to add on the horse part, but ... I do have some more pics. I think that some have seen these before, but they do not have me in them like my last batch. So, that is good. I took them from my house ... mostly ... over the years. 

I like hats. And, if you don't ... I can only feel sorrow for you.

@otb_lifer ... the key here, is a good smile. :)

I don't have much to add on the horse part, but ... I do have some more pics. I think that some have seen these before, but they do not have me in them like my last batch. So, that is good. I took them from my house ... mostly ... over the years. 

This hat could be you.

https://equineink.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/hat1.jpg

MoCS!

i would smile more, but my teef are so horribly jacked that i've taken to feigning a British accent with most strangers, as to better correlate the horrendous mouf to the person flapping it  :clap:

but, yeah - great gallery, amigo ... hey, i remember a coupla them from the Derby pix you posted last May, no?  believe you even had a few cocktails wif sum of those folks - thanx for sharing the album, always a pleasure- really dig the colors and pageantry- nuttin' like the Derby for this kinda shtick ... nothing. 

let's head to my home track, beautiful Belmont Park, for the 2019 Champagne Stakes

billed as a battle between wunderkinds Tiz the Law & Green Light Go ... but all didn't go as planned. 

GLG got hooked by Gozilla for some brisk early fractions, and was royally softened up as a result ... Tiz had a troubled start, but steadied - rated back off the bullets, biding his time - was pinched on the inside, so fanned out four wide and got busy ... a bit green with the lugging down the stretch, but nice navigation thru traffic - looks like a resilient cat who can get it done off the pace and through some trouble <----- mega Derby cred right there.  very impressed with this one  :thumbup:

only his second time out, scored in his first try, a 6 1/2f MSW up at the Spa 9 weeks ago. 

and Pink Floyd.  we gotta synch this #### up - @rockaction  would make an ideal Syd Barret, but he (Syd) was fried beyond recog for "Dark Side" ... whereas our gb is currently on the temperance kick (hope yer still abstaining, RockyA)

:deadhorse:
Still going strong. Six months Oct. 2nd from booze, less time from the other stuff, but it's there and it's real.

RIP to Syd. Probably the way I'll go. Pancreas problems of some sort. Privacy jealously guarded, death from just wear and tear and cell division. :(

Reasonably long life, all things considered. 

@otb_lifer hasn't been on in several weeks so i thought i'd update. His young wonderhorse Maxfield was pulled out of the Breeder's Cup Juvenile on Tuesday for a li'l heat in his foot. A loss for the event but no biggie developmentally. Anyway, the BC is a multi-day event now but i still think of it as the six-month counterpart to the First Saturday in May and forgot to watch for any of it yesterday. Am very surprised they moved the Juvy to Friday - that should just be a Sat event, doncha think? - but then i saw the results on the ESPN crawl last nite. Didn't see a Derby-type horse in the replay. The fave broke bad and eliminated itself, the winner wired it courageously but in some lameass late fractions. Six months away. Wherre are you liferdood? I'm no good at this...

@otb_lifer hasn't been on in several weeks so i thought i'd update. His young wonderhorse Maxfield was pulled out of the Breeder's Cup Juvenile on Tuesday for a li'l heat in his foot. A loss for the event but no biggie developmentally. Anyway, the BC is a multi-day event now but i still think of it as the six-month counterpart to the First Saturday in May and forgot to watch for any of it yesterday. Am very surprised they moved the Juvy to Friday - that should just be a Sat event, doncha think? - but then i saw the results on the ESPN crawl last nite. Didn't see a Derby-type horse in the replay. The fave broke bad and eliminated itself, the winner wired it courageously but in some lameass late fractions. Six months away. Wherre are you liferdood? I'm no good at this...
Good timing. We had out Fall Meet begin here last week, and the BC draws out the crowd. 

We also just announced a big new project for Churchill

LOUISVILLE, Ky., (October 30, 2019) – Today, Churchill Downs Racetrack (“Churchill Downs”) announced a number of major capital investments that promise an unparalleled variety of new VIP guest experiences, including the construction of permanent stadium seating, a hotel and historical racing machine (“HRM”) facility in the first turn at the legendary racetrack as well as a renovation project of Millionaires Row.

Pending final approval of a Kentucky Tourism Development Incentive Act, the $300 million investment project would begin in December 2019 with projected completion at the end of 2021. The development will transform the first turn of the 190-acre facility and provide guests opportunity for never-before imagined Kentucky Derby experiences.

While this is good for the community, it will block my current view of the track (I can see the horses from turn 1 to mid backside right now.)

There has even been talk that my house may get bought out for the later expansion off of the work listed above. I am  not adverse to a nice payday (been here 27 years and paid off mortgage), but man!!! I don't wanna live anywhere else.

Luckily, I got some good shots before the new work. I'm gonna try and document the construction, but I am honestly sad to lose my view. Selfish, but true. :(

pulled off a miracle in the turf sprint....i had .50 tri box 4-10-11-12.  i misbet.  i wrote down 4-10-11-1-2, but i didn’t realize the 1-2 wasn’t a 12, lol.  actually paid me 1100-.  just missed the first BC race, had the 1-4-6-9.

6th race 4-5-6-8

7th race 2-7-4-12

Can't get too much into the preliminary races due to time constraints, but the Classic (8:44 EDT) shapes up to be an interesting race. 

A horse who has proven itself at a mile and a quarter is the #6 Elate. Extremely consistent, she would make a good key horse or in the money bet,  and usually holds up strong in the stretch.

Can't get too much into the preliminary races due to time constraints, but the Classic (8:44 EDT) shapes up to be an interesting race. 

A horse who has proven itself at a mile and a quarter is the #6 Elate. Extremely consistent, she would make a good key horse or even a show bet,  and usually holds strong in the stretch.
i rolled part of my win into a classic superfecta box 5-6-7-8-10-11

Race #7 – Juvenile Fillies (Post time: 5:32 p.m. ET)

I logged into NBCSN  a few minutes ago to watch, but it just says, "Coverage to begin shortly". Is anyone streaming successfully?

The local KLTA station was airing the protests of Santa Anita and The Breeder's Cup during the news hour. Just something otb would be interested in. I hope the races come off without incident. 

I am going to to be out at dinner tonight when the race is on. Does anyone know of a place to go that I can watch the race without spoilers? I feel like a caveman with no DVR, but I am at a hotel. If someone could message me with a link after the race that is not filled with spoilers, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I am going to to be out at dinner tonight when the race is on. Does anyone know of a place to go that I can watch the race without spoilers? I feel like a caveman with no DVR, but I am at a hotel. If someone could message me with a link after the race that is not filled with spoilers, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
I believe that this page will provide what you are looking for.

It has all of the races on it, but I don't see the results anywhere.

The only problem ... I can't seem to get the streaming to work on my side.

Try one of the earlier races out and see if it works for you.

I believe that this page will provide what you are looking for.

It has all of the races on it, but I don't see the results anywhere.

The only problem ... I can't seem to get the streaming to work on my side.

Try one of the earlier races out and see if it works for you.
Oops - it seems that the winner is listed in the video cover of the page after clicking. I'll see if I can find anything else, as I am still searching for a way that works for me.

I was never able to stream from the web, but I got TV coverage now.

I don't know squat; thus, I'll follow the Hoard and key the 6 in tri-box.

So - with what?

I'm gonna climb a limb - 1,6,7,11

classic super box 5,6,7,8,10,11

that one boner bet guarantees plus 1000 shekels today.  classic would be gravy.  hope for a lot of 8-1 types.

THE LECOMTE IS ON TAP TODAY!  THE. LECOMTE. 

this is a horse race run at the Fairgrounds in Louisiana, folks ... btw, i will use/say "on tap" and "folks" and "coin" at least 11teen hundred times between now and the first Saturday in May. 

go to the archives, check ny Derby threads ... it's like i'm puking those few words out like a 5' prom queen bedazzled in SoCo.   greasy ####, man. 

gotta admit, after mah boy Maxfield crapped outta the Juvey i lost interest ... and yeah, life intervenes.   but, #### it - let's resurrect this #### - full disclosure: i have no ####in clue how this crop is shaking out.  been delinquent in my upkeep ... i know about as much as Furley, and certainly less than Shuke.

some folks are paying attention ... they do this aniscule prognosty #### for a living on the innerwebz - i found a brief, yet trusted, confederate to bogart off'a:

LECOMTE!!!

me? i'm going for the #4 animal SCABBARD ... wanna know the extent of my 'capping this season?  i'm backing him 'cuz the word is used in my most favoritest song of all time at least for this morning:

check it at the 1:13 mark

is that scientific enuff?  :clap:

need a mule to kickstart mah heart like that freakin' beast MAXFIELD did ... the LECOMTE! has been run since 1970, yet it hasn't produced one single solitary Derby winner. fun times.  basically a primer for the LA. Derby, which is always a hoot. 

anyways ... my daughter got her letter of acceptance from THE most prestigious all girls Catholic High School in the area ... arrived in the mail like the South China Sea yesterday ... no knock on my lovely offspring, but i really gave her no shot at acceptance - she shocked the living #### outta the old man  :shock:

now? well, it'll set me back a cool 14 large a year when it's all said and done ($11,500 tuition, $2,000 for the private transport, roughly $500 for books).

🎶 and though you came with sword held high/you did not conquer/only die 🎶

THE LECOMTE IS ON TAP TODAY!  THE. LECOMTE. 

this is a horse race run at the Fairgrounds in Louisiana, folks ... btw, i will use/say "on tap" and "folks" and "coin" at least 11teen hundred times between now and the first Saturday in May. 

go to the archives, check ny Derby threads ... it's like i'm puking those few words out like a 5' prom queen bedazzled in SoCo.   greasy ####, man. 

gotta admit, after mah boy Maxfield crapped outta the Juvey i lost interest ... and yeah, life intervenes.   but, #### it - let's resurrect this #### - full disclosure: i have no ####in clue how this crop is shaking out.  been delinquent in my upkeep ... i know about as much as Furley, and certainly less than Shuke.

some folks are paying attention ... they do this aniscule prognosty #### for a living on the innerwebz - i found a brief, yet trusted, confederate to bogart off'a:

LECOMTE!!!

me? i'm going for the #4 animal SCABBARD ... wanna know the extent of my 'capping this season?  i'm backing him 'cuz the word is used in my most favoritest song of all time at least for this morning:

check it at the 1:13 mark

is that scientific enuff?  :clap:

need a mule to kickstart mah heart like that freakin' beast MAXFIELD did ... the LECOMTE! has been run since 1970, yet it hasn't produced one single solitary Derby winner. fun times.  basically a primer for the LA. Derby, which is always a hoot. 

anyways ... my daughter got her letter of acceptance from THE most prestigious all girls Catholic High School in the area ... arrived in the mail like the South China Sea yesterday ... no knock on my lovely offspring, but i really gave her no shot at acceptance - she shocked the living #### outta the old man  :shock:

now? well, it'll set me back a cool 14 large a year when it's all said and done ($11,500 tuition, $2,000 for the private transport, roughly $500 for books).

🎶 and though you came with sword held high/you did not conquer/only die 🎶
daddy needs a new pair of swords!!           *congrats to your daughter*

i think i actually attended the LeComte waybackwhen as a southern buddy & i took six weeks in the late 80s to play the private poker circuit that followed the Fairgrounds/Oaklawn/Keeneland winter racing season. wasn't any more on the Derby trail then than Sunland was, but....

I JUST SAID "DERBY TRAIL"!! Suddenly, it's spring!!!!

:suds:

True congrats!

Now?  Welll, you need to get a paternity test stat, peach!

Man. I just saw otb picked em too.

I read as little of his gibberish as possible, but this is good. 
::reported::  mutha trukkah 👊

nice ... but you know i save my bestest gibberish for our lovely PMs. 

:suds:

True congrats!
thanks, ####o!  serious ####, it's a tough nit to crack, entire school population is barely 300 young ladies ... hell, i had more kids in my homeroom back in HS (LOOK AT ME I WENT TO AN OVERCROWDED URBAN ####HOLE WITH BLAKE AND PORT-O RICKIN KIDS AFTER I GOT EXPELLED FROM CATLICK ACADEMY!!!)

she hunkered down and aced it - best thing that could've happened for her future ... place has a small college vibe - it really is a "sisterhood"

Now?  Welll, you need to get a paternity test stat, peach!
been there, done that ... don't you watch "MAURY!"?

In the mean time - Imma listen ta this🍑

Trolling along ...
impeccable addition to this string of mental midgetry! 

daddy needs a new pair of swords!!           *congrats to your daughter*

i think i actually attended the LeComte waybackwhen as a southern buddy & i took six weeks in the late 80s to play the private poker circuit that followed the Fairgrounds/Oaklawn/Keeneland winter racing season. wasn't any more on the Derby trail then than Sunland was, but....

I JUST SAID "DERBY TRAIL"!! Suddenly, it's spring!!!!
grazie, wik!  we very proud of her ✌

SPRING HATH SPRUNG!

hey, didja ever play a hand with a fella by name of Paul Katzeff? 

hey, didja ever play a hand with a fella by name of Paul Katzeff? 
don't register. where might i have known him from? havent played all that much private poker in NYC (tho i was offered a job dealing @ a Park Ave game which i had to turn down :cry: cuz my bad back wouldnt hold up to the long, breakless shifts) and i have more of a face/mannerism memory than names on players. i could watch anybody i've opposed in the last 40 yrs handle their cards & chips and instantly remember their play, but....

Users who are viewing this thread