What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

Maurile Tremblay

Administrator
Staff member
If you see something, say something.

Some notable players who are questionable or doubtful heading into Sunday:

Sun 1:00 pm - Case Keenum [Q] - QB, WAS
Sun 1:00 pm - Damiere Byrd [Q] - WR, ARI
Sun 1:00 pm - Demaryius Thomas [Q] - WR, NYJ
Sun 1:00 pm - Devin Singletary [Q] - RB, BUF
Sun 1:00 pm - J.J. Nelson [Q] - WR, OAK
Sun 1:00 pm - JuJu Smith-Schuster [Q] - WR, PIT
Sun 1:00 pm - Julian Edelman [Q] - WR, NE
Sun 1:00 pm - Kenny Stills [Q] - WR, HOU
Sun 1:00 pm - Rex Burkhead [Q] - RB, NE
Sun 1:00 pm - Robert Foster [Q] - WR, BUF
Sun 1:00 pm - Terry McLaurin [Q] - WR, WAS
Sun 1:00 pm - Tyrell Williams [Q] - WR, OAK
Sun 1:00 pm - Vance McDonald [Q] - TE, PIT

Sun 4:05 pm - Justin Jackson [D] - RB, LAC
Sun 4:05 pm - Mike Williams [Q] - WR, LAC
Sun 4:05 pm - Travis Benjamin [Q] - WR, LAC
Sun 4:05 pm - Virgil Green [Q] - TE, LAC
Sun 4:25 pm - Michael Gallup [Q] - WR, DAL

Sun 8:20 pm - Damien Williams [Q] - RB, KC
Sun 8:20 pm - Marlon Mack [Q] - RB, IND
Sun 8:20 pm - Sammy Watkins [Q] - WR, KC
Sun 8:20 pm - T.Y. Hilton [Q] - WR, IND

MNF - Rashard Higgins [Q] - WR, CLE
MNF - Tevin Coleman [Q] - RB, SF

Any thoughts if Hilton/Mack will play? Trying to decide if I need to add a guy like Pettis to try to cover the late Questionables.

Adam Schefter Retweeted

Melanie Collins

@Melanie_Collins

·

28m

Getting ready for

@Patriots

@Redskins

at FedEx Field! For all of you fantasy owners, Jay Gruden told me outside the locker room this morning that WR Terry McLaurin will play today.

Just want to say I'm worn out from following injuries this season on my team. It's taking a ton of the fun out of Fantasy. It seems like it was easier long ago to track a player's availability during the week and make the adjustments as they went through the reports from day to day. Now it seems like there is no news until Wednesday and it's a cryptic - practice/didn't practice. And little more information on Friday that corresponds with whether a player is going to play. Come Sunday its a gambling game of watching the ticker and still a lot of cryptic news on if a player will be in lineup. They just had Terry McLaurin on NFL Gameday listed as "Good Chance" - wth? Good to see they finally came up with a more definitive answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts if Hilton/Mack will play? Trying to decide if I need to add a guy like Pettis to try to cover the late Questionables.
i just added zach pascal to cover hilton. Hes averaged 10 points over 2 games and Bloom called him a buy low

Just want to say I'm worn out from following injuries this season on my team. It's taking a ton of the fun out of Fantasy. It seems like it was easier long ago to track a player's availability during the week and make the adjustments as they went through the reports from day to day.
Something was different in the past, but not sure what. Every league I played in before ~2000 had phoned-in lineups due the midnight BEFORE the first game of the week. This was usually Saturdays at midnight, but could be Wednesday or Friday depending on Thanksgiving games, Saturday NFL games in December, etc.

Anyway, I recall that these early lineup decisions were rarely a problem. I do remember that back then, it seemed that a player designated as Questionable pretty much always played, a Doubtful pretty much always sat. Game-time decisions seemed really rare, if not non-existent.

Hollywood Brown to the locker room

ETA--ankle, Questionable return

Last edited by a moderator:
Gallman Concussed.. out for the game
As a Barkley owner this is another kick in the nuts.

This is what sucks the most in fantasy football when you have a guy go down in the 1st series there is nothing you can do about it. Got a point. Too bad there in nothing in place to address this type of thing.

Just want to say I'm worn out from following injuries this season on my team. It's taking a ton of the fun out of Fantasy. It seems like it was easier long ago to track a player's availability during the week and make the adjustments as they went through the reports from day to day. Now it seems like there is no news until Wednesday and it's a cryptic - practice/didn't practice. And little more information on Friday that corresponds with whether a player is going to play. Come Sunday its a gambling game of watching the ticker and still a lot of cryptic news on if a player will be in lineup. They just had Terry McLaurin on NFL Gameday listed as "Good Chance" - wth? Good to see they finally came up with a more definitive answer.

Something was different in the past, but not sure what. Every league I played in before ~2000 had phoned-in lineups due the midnight BEFORE the first game of the week. This was usually Saturdays at midnight, but could be Wednesday or Friday depending on Thanksgiving games, Saturday NFL games in December, etc.

Anyway, I recall that these early lineup decisions were rarely a problem. I do remember that back then, it seemed that a player designated as Questionable pretty much always played, a Doubtful pretty much always sat. Game-time decisions seemed really rare, if not non-existent.
I assume that it is at least partially related to the removal of the probable designation. Now questionable probably means anywhere from like 25-80%

Yea, the difference is that players that were probable are now questionable. I think questionable was ~ 50% chance at playing and probable was 90%, so now you are left guessing which is which. 

This is what sucks the most in fantasy football when you have a guy go down in the 1st series there is nothing you can do about it. Got a point. Too bad there in nothing in place to address this type of thing.
you could try positional scoring but that takes out some of the fun and i don't know how you deal with the wides and tights but I know leagues used to do team quarterback and I believe team running back

Rudolph walking off the field. He was knocked out cold by the helmet to helmet. The hit looked accidental in real time.

It's very frustrating. In my main league, I switched the scoring to Best Ball scoring. Problem solved (well as best as possible. At least it's not an almost automatic loss like in regular line-ups).  Everyone in my league loved the change.

His left ankle bent during the hit? I'm no doctor though.
not sure.....   all I know he was OUT before he even hit the ground  and  im quite sure he wouldnt have been "walking" off the field had the cart not conked out....3  or 4 employees had to push it off the field. 

Rudolph left the stadium for further evaluation at a local hospital. I'm guessing for a precautionary CT or MRI brain scan.

Couldn't agree more...been playing fantasy football for 25 yrs (Dynasty for 17 yrs)....back then it wasn't widespread, I used to love to hear the chime when CBS would notify you they were going to scroll updates on the bottom of the game I was watching.  Don't get me wrong, love the advancements (real-time scoring, plethora of information, analysis who specialize in FF) but I agree that rarely you were surprised by a player sitting when he was questionable or vice-versa.  

BTW,  I don't care to go back to the stone age pre-internet but it wasn't all bad either.

-DD

:ptts:

Alvin Kamara - Ankle - may not play

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/1182362766264291328

David Johnson - Back - Not practicing Thursday

David Johnson (back) remained sidelined Thursday.

Johnson was running with the rehab group. It's too early to say Johnson has no shot at suiting up against the Falcons, but it is not looking good. Johnson is the kind of player who could suit up after three DNPs, but that's rare. Sophomore Chase Edmonds will be waiting in the wings as a plug-and-play RB1 if Johnson doesn't go.

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Oct 10, 2019, 2:33 PM ET

RB David Johnson, S Charles Washington working on side. Fitz vet day. Didn't see DT Corey Peters, LB Terrell Suggs, LB Ezekiel Turner, LB Dennis Gardeck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todd Gurley - Bruised thigh

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1182357698756698113

From NFL Now: #Rams RB Todd Gurley (quad) did not practice yesterday, and his status is up in the air for Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread