What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Alcoholic Tide Pods" - Filled with Whisky (1 Viewer)

I was wondering how long until something like this started being marketed after I had seen "water pods" that featered an edible container at a running event a while back.

The local news team thought they might be used to smuggle liquor into sporting events or concerts.  I bet they're right.
Each pod is about half a shot of a whiskey cocktail, which seems like a pretty small payload in comparison to the hassle. Airplane bottles, pocket shots or flasks are probably still a much better bang for the effort. 

I tend to agree with the folks who think this is going to cheapen the Glenlivet brand somewhat.  As one guy said, "you've turned The Glenlivet into a jello shot."

These have been around for at least five years or so, I think. They used to sell them at my liquor store in CT back in 2014 or so. I remember talking with the owner about them. Their use was obvious, their sale appreciated by the football and dance-going folk. 

Users who are viewing this thread