What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should a president be able to ask foreign governments for help in an election? (1 Viewer)

I....

• am a Trump supporter and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • am a Trump supporter and this should not be allowed.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • am NOT a Trump supporter and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • am NOT a Trump supporter and this should not be allowed.

Votes: 125 91.9%

• Total voters

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
I"m not speaking specifically about Trump, just in general.  I always thought this was cut and dry, but perhaps not.  

Well, it violates the Constitution, so the answer seems obvious, but I know for a fact that some think it's fine...no big deal.  That's where we're at in today's circus.

The president has a relationship and dialogue with other countries ONLY to do work beneficial for the American people.

This does not include soliciting help that's personally/politically beneficial for the president, even if she thinks that's what's best for the country.

As with many things, there is a certain amount of context and subtlety which could affect my answer.

For example, if the FBI had reason to believe that Joe Biden had committed a crime, and had therefore opened up an investigation into that (alleged) crime, then I would have no problem with the FBI contacting other countries for assistance.

Of course, that's not even close to what happened here.

As with many things, there is a certain amount of context and subtlety which could affect my answer.

For example, if the FBI had reason to believe that Joe Biden had committed a crime, and had therefore opened up an investigation into that (alleged) crime, then I would have no problem with the FBI contacting other countries for assistance.

Of course, that's not even close to what happened here.
Is the FBI the President?  Is the FBI involved in an election?

That's why a federal organization - not the President - needs to do these things.  Because it makes the question inapplicable.

As long as, and only if, a president has great and unmatched wisdom then it is not only ok but I assert the duty of the president to ask a foreign government for assistance in an election.

Are there Trump supporters in this forum anymore? See a lot of “I don’t really follow the news because I go outside” or “I don’t read his tweets” type stuff.

can we get a poll option where the answer depends on whether there is an R or a D after the President's name?

52 replies and 0 Trump supporters.  We've reached critical mass on our liberal echo chamber!  Woohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the correct question?
I'm assuming the question isn't "are you a Trump supporter."  

No idea what the appropriate question is.  Maybe something like "will you vote for Trump instead of one of those filthy commie lying traitor Democrats."

I don't even know what this silly poll means.

Help with what?   Simple answer is of course he can...We need help all the time from foreign governments.

Should he not ask China to help negotiate a prisoner release from North Korea for instance? 

Didn't we ask for help when Iraq invaded Kuwait?  Should we not have done that in an election year?

What in God's name are you talking about?  Or is this just another echo chamber poll?

I don't even know what this silly poll means.   Should a president be able to ask foreign governments for help in an election?

Help with what?   Simple answer is of course he can...We need help all the time from foreign governments.  In our elections?

Should he not ask China to help negotiate a prisoner release from North Korea for instance?   What's this have to do with an election?

Didn't we ask fro help when Iraq invaded Kuwait?  What's this have to do with an election?  Should we not have done that in an election year?

What in God's name are you talking about?  Or is this just another echo chamber poll?   Should a president be able to ask foreign governments for help in an election?
HTH

Yeah...Didnt help at all..What is the question?

Help in an election?  What does that even mean???????  Help with what? You mean actually DURING The election? That day?  What exactly.

You guys sometimes...

If you're going to make silly little polls so you can high five each other cause you all agree on something, at least make it logical.   

Help in an election?  What does that even mean???????  Help with what? You mean actually DURING The election? That day?  What exactly.

You guys sometimes...

If you're going to make silly little polls so you can high five each other cause you all agree on something, at least make it logical.   
Obviously, yes.  He means having a foreign country help count the ballots and get people signed in to vote.  I'm glad you caught that.

Interesting that no Trump supporter has taken the poll. 
Probably because it’s an unfairly worded question.  Hence my feedback. 

But let’s be honest, this thread wasn’t really seeking fruitful discussion. 

You guys sometimes...

Here's a couple of examples:

1.  President Obama contacts Iran and states he's considering a more liberal stance on allowing Iran's nuclear program.  He also suggests that Iran should do an investigation into Mitt Romney's business dealings in case there is any corruption that the American public should know about.  

2.  President Obama contacts Putin and assures him of a very good relationship with the US if he remains president.  He also suggests Russia should begin a damaging social media campaign against Mitt Romney to help him win the 2012 election.   

Should these situations be allowed? 

So that's a no then?   Keeping that guard up, unable to even relax a bit?   

I don't even know what this silly poll means.

Help with what?   Simple answer is of course he can...We need help all the time from foreign governments.

Should he not ask China to help negotiate a prisoner release from North Korea for instance? 

Didn't we ask for help when Iraq invaded Kuwait?  Should we not have done that in an election year?

What in God's name are you talking about?  Or is this just another echo chamber poll?
I like this guy telling people to relax.  

Users who are viewing this thread