What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keys in the Pocket - no bueno (1 Viewer)

wilked

Footballguy
I'll break it down simply - I hate having keys in my pocket.  At one point in my life keys were slim and I got it down to two keys - car and apartment.  I could handle that.  Now I have two massive fobs and a couple of keys.  It's really the fobs that are driving the issue.  They are wicked bulky and break up the look of my nice slim-fit pants besides being uncomfortable

I am guessing I am not alone.  What do others do?

-At work I've tended to take them out.  I also can tell you a number of times I make it to the car, realize they are at the desk, and walk the 10 min round trip back to the office to retrieve them.  Not a bad solution for work

-On the go I really don't have a solution, they are in my pocket 

Industry really needs a solution.  Using your phone not a robust solution - I am going to say that is out.  Fobs should be no bigger than a thumb drive max

I'll break it down simply - I hate having keys in my pocket.  At one point in my life keys were slim and I got it down to two keys - car and apartment.  I could handle that.  Now I have two massive fobs and a couple of keys.  It's really the fobs that are driving the issue.  They are wicked bulky and break up the look of my nice slim-fit pants besides being uncomfortable

-At work I've tended to take them out.  I also can tell you a number of times I make it to the car, realize they are at the desk, and walk the 10 min round trip back to the office to retrieve them.  Not a bad solution for work

Industry really needs a solution.  Using your phone not a robust solution - I am going to say that is out.  Fobs should be no bigger than a thumb drive max

We have the solution, it just needs implementation.  I open my phone with  my face, my computer with my face or voice, my gun box with my thumb print.  No reason I should not be able to open my car and home with the same (May take a small power back up unit to make certain one is not locked out in power outages, but the tech is here already.

I started using this recently... it helps a lot with my keys.  The fob is still not ideal though, but it is much better than just dropping them in the pocket for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the solution, it just needs implementation.  I open my phone with  my face, my computer with my face or voice, my gun box with my thumb print.  No reason I should not be able to open my car and home with the same (May take a small power back up unit to make certain one is not locked out in power outages, but the tech is here already.
I visualized this as face-planting into everything. I approve.

And speaking of 2 FOBS - WTF do rental car places KEEP BOTH SETS OF KEYS TOGETHER and GIVE THEM BOTH TO YOU!@#!@#

THAT is beyond ridiculous.   If I lock the keys in the car BOTH SETS ARE IN THERE!@#$!@#$

I guess this is a pet peeve

For last two decades I’ve used a small carabiner to put keys on and then hook it to a belt loop (if walking I’ll generally use back hip loop and tuck into back pocket, or if sitting I’ll just dangle off side loop near front pocket).  Probably won’t work well if you’re wearing a suit, but fine for jeans and khakis

1 fob, 3 keys.  this is my max.  i hate having things in my pockets.  wife's car fob stays at home.

my car is touch to open/unlock, so i never have to take my keys out of my pocket, which i love.  seems like they could thumbprint that tech.

TOGETHER??

Like why?  Are you out when you might need the second one?
Yeah why not.  I keep them all on the same key ring as my housekey and any other keys I have.  Also have a bottle opener on there

i drive both cars pretty frequently and I’m not inconvenienced carrying them all at once

How many cars have combos on them these days?  My Ford does.  If I'm going to be out for a while, I'll leave the keys locked in the car.

For me we have single lane driveway. There is no “my car” / “your car”. Whichever is at the end of driveway is my car 
Hmmm.  I guess but I just grab the set for the car that I'm using for that day whatever works I just never considered carrying both fobs

I agree with the frustration. I generally empty my pockets onto my desk each day. Things are changing though. We just changed to a policy where you need your fob to get into the office even during work hours so I have to carry it. I imagine I have to deal with it until we update a system where you can use a finger print or eyes or something like that to unlock the door for you. The technology is there but your employer wants you to haul that fob around.

Get a Tesla Model 3, no more key fob.  I got an electronic door lock and have been key free since March.  It is glorious.

I agree, I hate having keys in my pocket. I usually leave my keys either in my car or in my bag. 

If I don't have keys in my pockets, then I don't have a real good excuse for having my hands in the pockets all of the time "looking for something".  

I need to thank you.  Most my keys are from my old job, 20 plus years there and never occurred to me to get rid of them.  Heading to do that now.

And speaking of 2 FOBS - WTF do rental car places KEEP BOTH SETS OF KEYS TOGETHER and GIVE THEM BOTH TO YOU!@#!@#

THAT is beyond ridiculous.   If I lock the keys in the car BOTH SETS ARE IN THERE!@#$!@#$

I always cut them apart then twister tie them back together

It's impossible to lock a key fob in a car. At least with mine it is. It won't let you.

I leave my keys and my wallet in my car. Use the fingerprint keypad entry thing. I leave my car running with the AC on in the summer and the heat on in the winter if I’m just going inside a store for a few minutes. 

Not unlike dark FBGs theme, Its life changing. 

I have two keys on my keychain, which I keep in my bag. The car key fob I leave on my desk (whichever car I have that day)

Only my wallet is in the right front pocket, and the phone is in the left.

I realized the other keys on my keychain almost literally are never used so I took the car key off and just carry that.  I have the garage door code if I need to get in the house and that's all I need.  I also moved from a wallet to putting my DL and credit card/debit card in my phone case so I have 2 things I have to worry about - 1 key and my phone.  I'd love to have my DL and Apple Pay on my phone and also have my phone open my car.  I could ditch everything but the phone.

I love the fob, auto open stuff on my truck.  More than once, I've ran into the front door of my house, forgetting that I actually have to insert a key.  Then I get pissed.  I'm one lazy *******, I'll admit

Here you go... big fan of mine

and if you dont want this keychain replacement you can get rid of your car fob with Mobokey

I realized the other keys on my keychain almost literally are never used so I took the car key off and just carry that.  I have the garage door code if I need to get in the house and that's all I need.  I also moved from a wallet to putting my DL and credit card/debit card in my phone case so I have 2 things I have to worry about - 1 key and my phone.  I'd love to have my DL and Apple Pay on my phone and also have my phone open my car.  I could ditch everything but the phone.
So what happens when you get home and your power is out? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM smarty

My key ring is my car fob, my house key, the key to my gun safe, two keys that look like house keys and two small keys that look like they should open a mailbox or something.  So 4 keys out of the 7 are never used.  But no way I throw them away or remove them.  I mean, what if they actually open something?   :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread