What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me out here (1 Viewer)

DangerMonkey

Footballguy
How is it that people can complain about Chris Collinsworth or Joe Buck and yet say nothing about this Monday Night crew?  Joe Tessitore is the most annoying play by play guy I have ever heard and Booger McFarlane is only slightly better than John Gruden. This crap is unlistenable.

How is it that people can complain about Chris Collinsworth or Joe Buck and yet say nothing about this Monday Night crew?  Joe Tessitore is the most annoying play by play guy I have ever heard and Booger McFarlane is only slightly better than John Gruden. This crap is unlistenable.
I bolded the flaw in your analysis.  Join us in the MNF thread.  We rip the announcers on a weekly basis.

Tessitore:  "Vikings sure got there passing game going yesterday with Cousins hooking up with Thielen for a huge game".

Booger:  "Ya, it just seems like somethings not clicking with Diggs, Thielen, and Cousins...I predict something starts clicking soon".

I paraphrase but that's basically what was said....Ya think?   Good prediction Booger.

MNF has taken the back seat to SNF and now TNF.

They give us the worst teams and the worst crew on MNF ... maybe because they know we'll tune in anyway.

MNF has taken the back seat to SNF and now TNF.

They give us the worst teams and the worst crew on MNF ... maybe because they know we'll tune in anyway.
Agreed.  MNF used to be an event.  They've gone from A-list announcers and top matchups to nobodies and crap matchups.

Is Booger the BEST available for MNF right now? I find that hard to believe.

maybe it's just the fact that quality commentators are about as rare as quality NFL coaches.

Booger was OK last year when he wasn't saying something after every single play. But right now he's unlistenable.

Tessitore is boring but competent. He's taking a marquee game and dragging it down to regional status.

Is Booger the BEST available for MNF right now? I find that hard to believe.

maybe it's just the fact that quality commentators are about as rare as quality NFL coaches.
Given that he is an upgrade over Witten, it seems we are already scraping the bottom of the announcer barrel.

Going to file “lack of quality color commentators”  next to “not enough people who can reliably kick 40-yard field goals” on my list of reasons the NFL should not consider expansion.

I find the best way to watch is to have the volume just high enough that I can hear the snap cadence begin and that's when I turn away from whatever game I'm playing or alternate show I'm watching to look at the screen and watch the game. 130+ minutes of garbage is far more than I'm willing to suffer through in order to watch 60 minutes of possibly worthwhile football. 

Users who are viewing this thread