What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade offer (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
Okay, I've listened to you guys all year and I'm in first place at 5-0 and I lead the league in points.  I still don't trust Winston as my starting QB.

10 team ppr all TDs worth six points.

QB - Winston, Cousins, Minshew  RB - McCaffrey, Ekeler, Lindsay, Cohen   WR - Thielen, Golladay, Fitzgerald, Sutton, T Williams, Valdes-Scantling, A Tate, Pringle   TE - Dissly, Henry   K - Nugent,   D - San Fran

Would you trade Winston and Golladay for Ryan and McLaurin   

The other team in the deal is 1-4.  Winston, Golladay, and McLaurin are keepers.  Ryan is not a keeper.

Golladay is great, but I have to give up something and I feel like I have the receivers to deal with not having him.  Any thoughts?

This is a tough one. Is this a 1QB league? With only 10 teams I'm curious why you'd roster 3 of them. Ultimately I would probably roll with what you have in this trade. I play in a 6 point per TD league as well (for all players) and I still just don't value QB quite as much. I also have Winston, and while I don't love trusting him (because you can't), I also know that he can go off for a huge day. And even last week he put up 20+. Ryan is probably more consistent and has a higher floor yes, but do you really trust Mclaurin with that QB/Coach/team situation over Golladay to make up for the difference? Not sure I'd be confident enough to pull the trigger, especially if your plan otherwise would be to keep Golladay next year. Just my 2 cents. 

I think that's a nice move. You have great WR depth and I think when healthy, McLaurin is seeing a healthy enough target share and red zone usage (and a more limited usage tree) that keeps him on par with Golladay. I would argue that Winston and Ryan both give you a pretty healthy ceiling in terms of volume and so you'll have decide between who might bring the lower floor and maybe rest-of-season schedule. Funny thing is Tampa Bay has the 2nd easiest schedule for QBs the rest of the season and #3 is....Atlanta. I think Winston is starting to figure things out and you've got good streaming options in Cousins and Minshew (who has 4th best remaining schedule for QBs rest of season).

Here's mine:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780935-roster-helpsuggestions-will-help-in-return/

I hold tight.  Atlanta looks on the verge of imploding.  I wouldn't be surprised if Winston outscores Ryan the rest of the year.  Also with the coach being fired in Washington you have no idea what that will do to McLaurin.  Too many questions and why mess with perfection (5-0) if you aren't getting an obvious improvement. 

I hold tight.  Atlanta looks on the verge of imploding.  I wouldn't be surprised if Winston outscores Ryan the rest of the year.  Also with the coach being fired in Washington you have no idea what that will do to McLaurin.  Too many questions and why mess with perfection (5-0) if you aren't getting an obvious improvement. 
Agree with this.  This feels like a trade just for the sake of trading.  Sit tight......I own McLaurin and am scared as well on how the Gruden firing impacts his value.

Please see mine.............https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780957-superflex-league-trade-options/

It's not a trade for the sake of trading.  It's that I really don't like Winston.  I think I just have some kind of bias about the Bucs offense.  They just feel like a team that never has a good offense and Winston feels like a guy that will have as many bad games as good games.  I know it's just perception on my point.  

To answer the question above, that's probably why I have three QBs.  I'm always looking for someone to break out and start over Winston.  I'll hold tight again.  My team so far has been able to mask when Winston has a bad week.

That's where in fantasy football you sort of have to set your biases aside. The Falcons and Bucs have crappy defenses, poor rushing offenses, and good playmakers at the WR position. They are going to always put up the volume you need and even if it's garbage time, they are offenses that will often be chasing points in the 4th quarter. I don't like Winston either as a real-life QB but I have faith in Arians offense and look at what he did with Carson Palmer in Arizona. If you feel more comfortable with Ryan and the Falcons offense I get it and would make the move.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780963-george-kittle-or-travis-kelce/

Frankly, I'd say keep your team in tact and stream Winston or Minshew based on the opponent.  However, if you really want Matty Ice I'd attempt a 2-1 move with Winston and a lesser WR (or two) to see how desperate the other owner is.  You can always float another offer.

Users who are viewing this thread