What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random holes in shirts... (1 Viewer)

Fat Nick

Footballguy
Wondering if anybody here can help my wife and I solve a bit of a mystery.  My wife has a tendency to wear really thin t-shirts or tank tops around the house, or layer them when going out.  For some reason, all of her shirts eventually develop small holes right in the front/bottom, near where her belly button is.  It's really strange, but literally EVERY ONE of her shirts will eventually get little holes there.  They're very small, like the size of a pinhead.  There's usually a few of them.  She doesn't recall or isn't aware of any specific repeated actions that could cause them.  They don't appear on her thicker shirts or button-down blouses, etc.  I thought it might be moths, but it's ONLY in that spot on every shirt.  

I'm open to theories....

Wondering if anybody here can help my wife and I solve a bit of a mystery.  My wife has a tendency to wear really thin t-shirts or tank tops around the house, or layer them when going out.  For some reason, all of her shirts eventually develop small holes right in the front/bottom, near where her belly button is.  It's really strange, but literally EVERY ONE of her shirts will eventually get little holes there.  They're very small, like the size of a pinhead.  There's usually a few of them.  She doesn't recall or isn't aware of any specific repeated actions that could cause them.  They don't appear on her thicker shirts or button-down blouses, etc.  I thought it might be moths, but it's ONLY in that spot on every shirt.  

I'm open to theories....
Same issue

It's the belt/button on her pants.

Has she put on any weight...?

:backsawayslowly:

Same issue

It's the belt/button on her pants.

Has she put on any weight...?

:backsawayslowly:
So I presented that theory a while back - She swears she has a few shirts she only wears around the house in yoga pants/sweats that have had this happen.  At this point, I think it's more likely she wears them out more than she realizes vs. that not being it.  It does make perfect sense.

Re. weight - 2 kids under 5.  Nothing more than to be expected.  She was always more curvy than slim.

and @bcdjr1 - No Belly Button piercings.

Washing machine?

I think Mobbin is on to something with his post - some activity she is repeatedly doing while wearing the shirts if they are all about the same area/spot on the shirts.

There is something living in her belly button, like the thing they stick in Chekov's ear in Star Trek.  

Last edited by a moderator:
We do.  Go on...
Those nails can leave little holes in the right kind of clothes, even when they don't feel like they're snagging.  If it lies down on her lap, that would be the vulnerable area of her shirt. 

She'd probably notice, though.

Does she happen to have really coarse hair around her belly button ... like steel wool or a metal chia pet?

No? ... just me then?

Same happens to my wife’s “around the house” shirts. Cleaning/cooking at countertops, button of shorts underneath rubs against, thins out material, small holes develop. Damn near every tank top, t shirt she owns is like this.

I literally watched her last night standing at the kitchen island, leaning against it with her stomach while texting with her sister.  That HAS to be it...It's the rubbing/standing on the counters.  I'm going to be hyper aware of that now and see if she does it all the time...

I like the cat theory, but the cat doesn't generally sit on her.

I literally watched her last night standing at the kitchen island, leaning against it with her stomach while texting with her sister.  That HAS to be it...It's the rubbing/standing on the counters.  I'm going to be hyper aware of that now and see if she does it all the time...

Please go on about the rubbing...

brohan i do not know how to break this to you nicely so i will just come out and say it you married a procupine take that to the bank bromigo

And if she is like my wife she is on the phone texting A LOT.

Users who are viewing this thread