Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

Turkey invades Syria: Update- ISIS rebuilds

3 minutes ago, whoknew said:

And why does a grown man use that many exclamation points?

I started using exclamation points in emails a couple of years ago when I realized that people thought I was frowning at them by using periods instead.  A little piece of my soul died that day, but it improved my email personality.

Like here.

Edited by IvanKaramazov
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

New update: Pelosi and Schumer just met at the White House with Trump to discuss Turkey. Trump called Pelosi a "third rate politician" and a "communist lover" and started screaming at her. Pelosi and Schumer walked out.

:lmao:

This is insane

• Like 2

Rand Paul just said on CNN that this is the best thing to happen to the Kurds.  

Turkish-backed groups have killed nine civilians, including a female politician, in northeastern Syria, according to a human rights monitor.

I guess he's ignoring this...  

More on the meeting from Schumer: Trump said that "some of those Kurds are Communists, but you guys might like that."

• Thinking 1

I guess Trumps love letter didn’t work. :lmao: 

And before you ask. Yes, the letter going around is REAL.

16 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

This is just a friendly reminder that it is against board policy to call Trump and idiot or moron or otherwise to question his intelligence.  For some reason I thought it was worth mentioning that fact.  Not sure why this letter prompted me to recall that -- probably just coincidence.

I had a similar, though unquestionably unrelated, thought pattern reading this when I suddenly remembered that one should not stoop to calling anyone a semi-literate, malicious imbecile with a brain rapidly turning into pudding no matter how blindingly obvious and accurate all of those things are. It was the darndest thing.

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

More on the meeting from Schumer: Trump said that "some of those Kurds are Communists, but you guys might like that."

Pelosi says “I pray for the president all the time” but says now “I think we have to pray for his health.”

:lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

If I wrote that - and attributed it to Trump - I'd be looking at a week's suspension - minimum.

Why on Earth would you do that? :whoosh:

Who is pastor Brunson?

Edited by Snorkelson
I googled:)

35 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I started using exclamation points in emails a couple of years ago when I realized that people thought I was frowning at them by using periods instead.  A little piece of my soul died that day, but it improved my email personality.

Like here.

😢 #poursoneout

16 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I had a similar, though unquestionably unrelated, thought pattern reading this when I suddenly remembered that one should not stoop to calling anyone a semi-literate, malicious imbecile with a brain rapidly turning into pudding no matter how blindingly obvious and accurate all of those things are. It was the darndest thing.

I still enjoy the classics so "loofa faced #### gibbon" (Daylin Leach, 2017) brings a smile to my lips

• Like 1

Apparently Trump believes he “captured ISIS in one Month.”

Edited by Bucky86

Honestly, anyone who continues to support Trump after this is beyond trying to talk to or help. I imagine that’s why they’ve mostly disappeared so I give them credit for that than trying to defend that behavior. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

New update: Pelosi and Schumer just met at the White House with Trump to discuss Turkey. Trump called Pelosi a "third rate politician" and a "communist lover" and started screaming at her. Pelosi and Schumer walked out.

Pelosi clarified he actually called her a "third grade politician". Which ups the awesomeness exponetially. 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

39 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
2 hours ago, Don Quixote said:

Who knew we elected bizarro superman as president

I thought it had more of a Carly Rae Jepsen vibe: "this is crazy / but here's my letter / call you later"*

*Note for mod: Use of quotes reflects fictionalized song lyrics based on letter, and only partially reflects actual text from the letter.

Edited by Don Quixote
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 5

20 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Pelosi clarified he actually called her a "third grade politician". Which ups the awesomeness exponetially. 

She ran on the "extra turn on the swings" and "legalize ropsies in tetherball" ticket.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mcintyre1 said:
1 hour ago, Don Quixote said:

What a moron. Also, who the hell is Pastor Brunson?

Pastor Brunson is a family friend actually.  He was held in Turkey for several years being charged with trying to start a coup or some such because he was running a Christian start up church over there and preaching.

ETA:  I have no idea what his reference in the letter has to do with anything though...there was very little done by Trump in Brunson's defense.  He did know about it though.

Edited by The Commish
  • Thanks 1

finally a President that gets it in the Middle East.   We can not win anything except for small things here and there.   This region has been involved in blood sport for thousands of years.  One day it's the Kurds, next day it's the Sunnis, next day it's just a group that just likes killing.  2 or 3 or 5 or 12 U.S. guys here and there getting killed or maimed for life.   They are fathers, sons, husbands,  wives, mothers.    For what???????????????????????????????    I mean for what?   They don't give a rat's asz for us unless it helps them in the short term.   The enemy changes daily.  I understand our former stance of protecting our interests which was oil & not actually ours.   That time is past.

Let's get out & stay out.   History shows what this blood letting bastion of killing region really is.   It's an unforgiving hellhole of beheadings, tribal conflicts, religious damnation, & persecution that NO ONE will ever fix.   EVER-EVER-EVER.     The names change, the area doesn't.  Finally a President who see's it like it really is.   That is we have our soldiers dying over  something we cannot change.  think about that before you send more young kids over there & think about that when you are bombarding this President over his decision.

what kills me is most of you would have labeled Trump a warmonger if he would have sent more men over there to die.

I guess think about that too.

1 minute ago, irishidiot said:

finally a President that gets it in the Middle East.   We can not win anything except for small things here and there.   This region has been involved in blood sport for thousands of years.  One day it's the Kurds, next day it's the Sunnis, next day it's just a group that just likes killing.  2 or 3 or 5 or 12 U.S. guys here and there getting killed or maimed for life.   They are fathers, sons, husbands,  wives, mothers.    For what???????????????????????????????    I mean for what?   They don't give a rat's asz for us unless it helps them in the short term.   The enemy changes daily.  I understand our former stance of protecting our interests which was oil & not actually ours.   That time is past.

Let's get out & stay out.   History shows what this blood letting bastion of killing region really is.   It's an unforgiving hellhole of beheadings, tribal conflicts, religious damnation, & persecution that NO ONE will ever fix.   EVER-EVER-EVER.     The names change, the area doesn't.  Finally a President who see's it like it really is.   That is we have our soldiers dying over  something we cannot change.  think about that before you send more young kids over there & think about that when you are bombarding this President over his decision.

what kills me is most of you would have labeled Trump a warmonger if he would have sent more men over there to die.

Why are we sending more troops to Saudi Arabia?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

She ran on the "extra turn on the swings" and "legalize ropsies in tetherball" ticket.

Extra turns on the swings is fine. Most people are for that. But AOC and Bernie want unlimited swing turns for everyone. How can that even be accomplished? Yet when Nancy and other reasonable Democrats make this argument, they are called out by the base.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Pastor Brunson is a family friend actually.  He was held in Turkey for several years being charged with trying to start a coup or some such because he was running a Christian start up church over there and preaching.

ETA:  I have no idea what his reference in the letter has to do with anything though...there was very little done by Trump in Brunson's defense.  He did know about it though.

I used to work with a guy named  Brunson.  We delivered Chinese food together around 1991.  He swore that he really, really thought that Jim Morrison's soul had entered his body.  He did NOT claim that he was Morrison reincarnated because he was born about a year before Morrison died.  Just that Morrison's soul had merged with his somehow.

I used to like to get him worked up over random Doors related stuff.

"Hey Mike...have you ever noticed that in that one neighborhood there is a Moonlight Way like 'Moonlight Drive'? And there's a Courson Street which was Morrison's girlfriend's last name.  And just down from there there is a Sage Drive...Jim and Pamela had a dog named Sage.  Freaky, right?".    

That wound him up for like 2 days.

Edited by OrtonToOlsen

14 minutes ago, The Commish said:

He's threatening him - that he's already put the screws to Turkey over Brunson and he'll do that and more.

“I’ve already given you a little sample with respect to Pastor Brunson"

Straight up Gangsta

Edited by ffldrew

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Extra turns on the swings is fine. Most people are for that. But AOC and Bernie want unlimited swing turns for everyone. How can that even be accomplished? Yet when Nancy and other reasonable Democrats make this argument, they are called out by the base.

"There is no such thing as FREE Jolly Ranchers, Libturd!"

12 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

What about the troops sent to Saudi Arabia?

• Thanks 1

After reading "The Letter!":

Preet Bharara@PreetBharara . 9m .

@PeteButtigieg is only 37, which makes him 32 years older than @realDonaldTrump

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Laughing 3

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

After reading "The Letter!":

Preet Bharara@PreetBharara . 9m .

@PeteButtigieg is only 37, which makes him 32 years older than @realDonaldTrump

So maybe when he called Nancy a third grade politician, it was with a note of admiration? Most 5 year olds can’t wait to get into a big kids grade like 3rd. 

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

WTMF?

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

WTMF?

Just now, Christo said:

WTMF?

He actually called her a “Third grade politician.”

16 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

Two people have now pointed out the Saudi Arabia hypocrisy. But your post is far more flawed than that. What makes me sad is that, like many isolationists I think you mean well. But the world is not as simplistic as you’re making out, and your ideas, along with Trump’s terrible execution of them, will make this country less safe and worse off. 

Just now, Christo said:

WTMF? Our leader is a moron.

Hey, look, you answered your own question.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

I think that White House re-clarified on this and its back to "Third-rate politician"

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

Living up to your username?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/trump-fool-us-middle-east/600010/

10 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

What about the troops sent to Saudi Arabia?

[Obi-Wan]Those aren't the troops you're looking for.[/Obi-Wan]

“All roads with you lead to Putin," Pelosi told Trump during the meeting. He then launched into a “nasty diatribe,” calling her a “third-rate politician.” Dems got up to leave.

“Goodbye, we'll see you at the polls,” Trump said as they left.

Trump is too easy to manipulate imo - that should worry any supporter that he gets this worked up by a third-rate (or grade) politician.  Can you imagine how he ####s himself when he is in the presence of a "top" (in his mind) politician.

• Thinking 1

24 minutes ago, irishidiot said:

I was on the fence, but the thirty-first question mark really brought it home for me.  Great point.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5

7 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Oh, well. Then I retract my astonishment.

• Thanks 1

Btw - lost in the 3rd grade language - Trump handed over a letter from General Mazlaum - I hope that Mazlaum intended for it to go to Erdogan, and Trump did not just hand over the Kurd's negotiating position...

I can't really tell - and both are possible.

14 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Trump is - how should I put this - not very perceptive.

He tweets this picture of "Nervous Nancy unhinged meltdown" - that shows Pelosi lecturing Trump, Trump sneering back, and the men on Trump's side of the table hanging their heads in shame.

Looks like Nancy is the one in charge.

• Like 1

emptywheel @emptywheel · 3m

First I didn't believe the letter was real. 

Then I struggled to understand why he released it willingly.

Then I puzzled that he doesn't realize that photo makes Pelosi look badass. 

Now I'm moving on to that he believes BOTH the letter & the Pelosi photo make him look strong.

Then Nate Silver chimes in with: He also thought the readout ("transcript") of his call with Zelensky was exculpatory.

I am starting to think Trump is not very good at this.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, sporthenry said:

Honestly, anyone who continues to support Trump after this is beyond trying to talk to or help. I imagine that’s why they’ve mostly disappeared so I give them credit for that than trying to defend that behavior. Hypocrisy at its finest. 

This is what they want.  They are flipping the game board over.  They are old and bitter.  They dont care.  Like Giuliani said they wont be around for the aftermath.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1