What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turkey invades Syria: Update- ISIS rebuilds (2 Viewers)

in before ths righties cry about not giving trump credit 

i mean whats the big deal about a few hundred dead kurds? they arent angels.....believe me

trump just said the Kurds love this deal.  It saves their lives.  Which shouldn't have been in danger in the first place.

Can someone explain something to me.  The kurds being given time to leave the area....this was an area they already lived in right?  So basically it's an order to the kurds to get out?  Or is this a different area we are talking about?

Move over Chamberlain, there's a new appeaser in town 
The problem with this analogy is that Chamberlain presumably would have preferred to stop Hitler if possible.  All available evidence is that Trump isn't standing opposed to Erdogan/Putin/Assad at all. He's their ally, and is simply seeking a more politically palatable enabling of their cruelty.

Can someone explain something to me.  The kurds being given time to leave the area....this was an area they already lived in right?  So basically it's an order to the kurds to get out?  Or is this a different area we are talking about?
That's how it sounds to me.  Kurds need to leave the area which is their home land.  

Turkey denying this is a ceasefire.

Sounds like a China deal/no deal/phase deal/no deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then the Senate can make changes putting in whatever he'd like to see, then send it back to the house...problem solved :shrug:  

This is the same sort of crap my wife gives me..."that's not what I want"...."ok, what DO you want"....."give me another option and I'll tell you if I like it"....."no, just tell me what you want and be done with it"
Newlyweds are cute

Justin Ling @Justin_Ling · 6m

Literally immediately after Pence calls it a ceasefire, Ankara says it's not a ceasefire.

Cavusoglu Press Conference:

We got what we wanted.

There was an agreement that the Turkish Armed Forces will control this area.

The YPG's heavy weapons will be collected.

We will put Operation Peace Spring on hold for 120hrs so the YPG can vacate.

This is not a ceasefire

The problem with this analogy is that Chamberlain presumably would have preferred to stop Hitler if possible.  All available evidence is that Trump isn't standing opposed to Erdogan/Putin/Assad at all. He's their ally, and is simply seeking a more politically palatable enabling of their cruelty.
True.  But like Hitler/Czech, Erdogan is a beneficiary of a sweet, sweet deal.

Then the Senate can make changes putting in whatever he'd like to see, then send it back to the house...problem solved :shrug:  

This is the same sort of crap my wife gives me..."that's not what I want"...."ok, what DO you want"....."give me another option and I'll tell you if I like it"....."no, just tell me what you want and be done with it"
Yeah, maybe. My only point is McConnell's own words suggest he is angling for poison pill to drive no votes from Democrats, and not to be more reprimanding of Trump. "Was the manner in which Trump unilaterally exited Syria abhorrent and contrary to US interests?" is a separate topic from establishing bipartisan future foreign policy- under the god awful circumstances a rash decision by a Republican president has left us in. It's politics as usual, and should not be seen as something else. 

As if the Kurds will leave.

Well, it'll give Trump a chance to say it's out of our hands now once the fighting starts back up, not that he hasn't been saying that anyway. 

As if the Kurds will leave.

Well, it'll give Trump a chance to say it's out of our hands now once the fighting starts back up, not that he hasn't been saying that anyway. 
And if they do leave and continue fighting, they'll have been forced to give up all of the defensive positions they've been preparing for years (instead of just the ones they'd already been forced to give up).

Wait until Putin decides that all those "rebels" in Alaska are a threat to Russia. Maybe Erdogan can broker a ceasefire where the Alaskans withdraw to the Northwest Territory.

:goodposting:

This isn't a ceasefire. It's a full capitulation to a murderous dictator as an escape route for an impulsive, inexplicable foreign policy decision.

@KenDilanianNBC

Fact check: Experts are already saying the US just granted Ergogan everything he wanted, all along, including exclusive rights to patrol the safe zone by air. They are calling this a total capitulation.

Which one of you is Ken Dilanian?

So... Turkey denies there is a ceasefire.  And we basically folded up like a cheap lawn chair for Erdogan on everything he wanted.  While he holds 50 of our tactical nukes hostage.

Can we assume at this point that Turkey has evidence Trump knew about Kashoggi before/during the killing, or is this about Trump Tower?

Well, they're probably not paying the United States for it.  I bet someone's getting paid though.
"Mr. President, if we had your troops here so that we didn't have to spend so much of our own money on defense, we could finally get started on building the Riyadh Trump Tower and Golf Course. Of course, that's not a quid pro quo, you understand."*

*Disclaimer: Not really a quote (that we know of).

Users who are viewing this thread