What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turkey invades Syria: Update- ISIS rebuilds (2 Viewers)

Trump sending his thoughts and prayers. He may even read some scripture in your honor, because he’s super Christian. He told us so.

Trump sending his thoughts and prayers. He may even read some scripture in your honor, because he’s super Christian. He told us so.
I usually don't question another's relationship with Christ, but I remember hearing that Pat Robertson said he became a believer, and I didn't see much of a change in Trump afterwards. Usually that's a big decision for someone.

That said, there are Christians among the Kurds, so let's not pretend Trump actually cares about anyone not named Donald Trump.

I usually don't question another's relationship with Christ, but I remember hearing that Pat Robertson said he became a believer, and I didn't see much of a change in Trump afterwards. Usually that's a big decision for someone.

That said, there are Christians among the Kurds, so let's not pretend Trump actually cares about anyone not named Donald Trump.
https://youtu.be/6qNcmzaWvZI

To borrow from Anita Loos, there’s a word for Trump but it’s not used in polite society- outside of a kennel. 

And Mitch McConnell, and Lindsey Graham, and every other lawmaker who has publicly supported Trump and shouted about what a great job he’s doing. 
True enough, though Trump is more directly responsible, since he made the dumb decision to abandon the Kurds.

True enough, though Trump is more directly responsible, since he made the dumb decision to abandon the Kurds.
If a guy who doesn’t know how to fly is made the pilot of a plane, who is responsible for the inevitable crash, the pilot or the people who put him there? 

"I need to know if you are capable of protecting my people, of stopping these bombs falling on us or not. I need to know, because if you're not, I need to make a deal with Russia and the regime now and invite their planes to protect this region," Mazloum said.

Just horrible.  Painting this as a withdrawal of US forces (who apparently have received no order to withdraw) is a sick way to spin handing the reigns over to Turkey.  

Does this raise any questions about NATO, or why a country like Turkey would be a standing member?  Was the decision to back these "moderate rebels," along with Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others, a mistake?  Does it make us rethink what we've been doing with the CIA for 70 ####### years?  No!  

These guys were the men of the hour when they were being used to overthrow Assad.  

"I need to know if you are capable of protecting my people, of stopping these bombs falling on us or not. I need to know, because if you're not, I need to make a deal with Russia and the regime now and invite their planes to protect this region," Mazloum said.
Wait until Turkish forces get attacked by Russian forces and then we are asked to step in and help. 

Of course, which side will we step in and help is the question at this point..... :oldunsure:

Just horrible.  Painting this as a withdrawal of US forces (who apparently have received no order to withdraw) is a sick way to spin handing the reigns over to Turkey.  

Does this raise any questions about NATO, or why a country like Turkey would be a standing member?  Was the decision to back these "moderate rebels," along with Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others, a mistake?  Does it make us rethink what we've been doing with the CIA for 70 ####### years?  No!  

These guys were the men of the hour when they were being used to overthrow Assad.  
Already plenty of questions about Turkey and NATO. It’s in because it’s been historically considered to be better to have them on our side than Russia’s. 

The worm may finally be turning on that. 

Turkish forces will not be attacked by Russian forces. 
Well, we didn't think US forces would be attacked by Turkish forces either--so I think anything is possible at this point. 

This is just disgusting on so many levels. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until Turkish forces get attacked by Russian forces and then we are asked to step in and help. 

Of course, which side will we step in and help is the question at this point..... :oldunsure:
I'd bet a good bit that Erdogan never sends forces in if he hadn't already gotten at least a tacit ok from Putin.  He's not going to risk that.  I don't think Putin minds someone else being responsible for essentially patrolling that area of the country for the Russians while leaving Assad in charge.

Users who are viewing this thread