What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former NBC staffer accuses Matt Lauer of rape in Ronan Farrow's new book (1 Viewer)

Henry Ford said:
The entire point of this is that the person having sex isn't making a decision.  In a drunk driving case, the person takes the keys, and puts them in an ignition, and turns the keys, and puts the car in gear, and drives.

In a typical rape case, a person either just doesn't say "no" or doesn't really understand what he or she is saying yes to and the other person does things to them.  A good example of how to tell this happened is when the victim was vomiting during the act, or "wakes up" (comes somewhat to her senses) during the act and starts screaming or fighting.  Basically, it's like if your wife was asleep and you got her to say "yes" to a motorcycle while she was sleeping.  And then she woke up and didn't really know what you were talking about.

In this particular case, a woman alleges that she repeatedly told Matt Lauer "no, I don't want to have anal sex" and he raped her anally.

Obviously things are fairly fact dependent in these cases, but this one seems pretty clear if it occurred as alleged.
When engaging with a brand new partner it may be best to not ask yourself What would Kobe Bryant or Matt Lauer do?  Instead, ask yourself How would Jimmy Stewart behave or how would your Grandmother want you to behave.

Huh. Probably misreading, but I'm unsure what "incapable of consent" because of alcohol actually entails. 
You aren’t misreading and welcome to my world. 

It does not, however, mean that a victim must be passed out. 

On some level it is like finding your car is stolen.  And then you find out it’s your boss that took it.  And then he’s so nice about saying how much he appreciated that you let him borrow your car. And then he explains he hasn’t had anyone like you lend him his car before and he’d like to borrow it again, and maybe you guys could drive around together and see whether you really  are compatible.  

And then you realize months later he’s not really that into your car he just didn’t want you to call the police.  
This is perfect. 

Yeah, I believe IK clarified that by "passed out" he meant "incapacitated."
If he did my bad. I sorta hippled there. But I think it’s very important that people understand what consent and lack thereof actually means or doesn’t mean.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like we are to the point if you are making out with a girl and put your hand on her breast, that could be called sexual assault?   

It seems like we are to the point if you are making out with a girl and put your hand on her breast, that could be called sexual assault?   
I guess someone could call it that, but it would be weird and it isn't going to get prosecuted or a conviction.  I don't even think touching a breast of a random person on the street is considered sexual assault in most states - my own only includes much more private parts in its felony statute.  The misdemeanor (which isn't a sex crime and doesn't need registration or anything) does include that.

In AZ, if you knew or had reason to know that she doesn't consent to that or she is of a certain age, it could actually be called sexual abuse

I guess someone could call it that, but it would be weird and it isn't going to get prosecuted or a conviction.  I don't even think touching a breast of a random person on the street is considered sexual assault in most states - my own only includes much more private parts in its felony statute.  The misdemeanor (which isn't a sex crime and doesn't need registration or anything) does include that.
In AZ there is a pathway to a felony conviction with sex offender registration for touching a random person's breast without consent (even over clothing). 

It's not called "sexual assault," though. 

In AZ there is a pathway to a felony conviction with sex offender registration for touching a random person's breast without consent (even over clothing). 

It's not called "sexual assault," though
Last I checked (a while ago) our felonies require touching of the “genitals or [rhymes with pain-us].”  Seriously. 

Not to leave out MSNBC

MSNBC president Phil Griffin reportedly shared a revealing photo of Access Hollywood star Maria Menounos at a staff meeting, an allegation that surfaced in Ronan Farrow's new book, Catch & Kill.

HuffPost's Yashar Ali published the Griffin scoop from Farrow's book on Saturday. The excerpt reads, "Four colleagues said Griffin was known for making lewd or crass remarks in work emails. In one meeting I'd be in after the television personality Maria Menounos's vagina had been photographed in a bathing suit wardrobe malfunction, Griffin waved around a printed page bearing a zoomed-in image, smirking."

1. One particularly disturbing scene in @RonanFarrow’s book...

Phil Griffin, the current president of MSNBC, waving around a zoomed in photo of Maria Menounos’s vagina in a staff meeting.

Order Ronan’s book here: https://t.co/eLcNiasfdB pic.twitter.com/rZmD5vZRAh

— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) October 13, 2019

"'Would you look at that? Not bad, not bad," Griffin stated, according to Farrow.

I caught the Megan Kelly interview lastnight. She implied that the claims in the book were true and "severance payouts" to females will prove it. 

BTW, there is no way that this guy isn't Frank Sinatra's son.
Sorry, despite the apparent resemblance, it couldn't have happened.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2015/11/24/frank-sinatra-is-definitely-not-ronan-farrows-biological-father/

Frank Sinatra is definitely not Ronan Farrow’s biological father

The author of a new book on Frank Sinatra tried to put to rest a rumor that apparently won’t die: that the entertainment legend, not Woody Allen, is the biological father of Mia Farrow’s handsome, blue-eyed son Ronan.

In an interview Monday on NPR’s “Diane Rehm Show,” James Kaplan, author of the second volume of “Sinatra: The Chairman,” said there is no way the “My Way” singer could have gotten together with ex-wife Mia Farrow and conceived Ronan, 27, around March 1987.

That’s because, at the time, Sinatra was incapacitated and impotent following a major abdominal surgery three months earlier that involved removal of 12 feet of intestine. He was recovering in Hawaii with his fourth wife, Barbara, and wearing what was essentially a colostomy bag, Kaplan said.

“He was not the father of Ronan Farrow,” Kaplan said with great emphasis.

[...]

While Kaplan says he doesn’t have DNA tests to say with 100 percent-certainty that there is no relationship, he mentioned the assertion of Sinatra’s daughter Tina: that her father had a vasectomy years before Ronan’s birth.

Kaplan also points out Ronan Farrow is the “spitting image” of Mia Farrow’s father, Hollywood journeyman director John Farrow.

Users who are viewing this thread