What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Free Agent RB Reggie Bonnafon (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
Speaking Wednesday, Panthers OC Norv Turner said Reggie Bonnafon has "probably improved more than anyone on offense over the last year and a half."

Bonnafon finally got a mini-extended look late in last week's win over the Jaguars while Christian McCaffrey was dealing with cramps. Bonnafon capitalized on it and turned five carries into 80 yards, including a 59-yard touchdown scamper. McCaffrey is fine for Week 6 against the Bucs, but Bonnafon would have league-winning upside if McCaffrey ever gets hurt. He needs to be owned across all formats as a top-end handcuff.

SOURCE: Max Henson on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 1:30 PM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
Panthers RB Reggie Bonnafon carried the ball five times for 80 yards and a score in a Week 5 win over the Jaguars.

Yes, a running back not named Christian McCaffrey touched the ball for the Panthers, and this time it resulted in splendid success. With McCaffrey dealing with cramps, Bonnafon entered for the final two or so series and gashed the Jaguars for a 59-yard touchdown, looking fast and smooth in relief. Perhaps this leads to an expanded opportunity for Bonnafon in the coming weeks in the hope of keeping CMC fresh in the final few minutes of games.

Oct 6, 2019, 5:40 PM ET

Is Cinna-Bonnafon someone who truly makes a sweet pickup? I get that he may get more work to save CMC, Rivera would only be smart doing so.

But I can't see him being fantasy relevant as a flex in the meantime so he seems just a pure handcuff for CMC owners/lotto tickets for non-CMC owners.

If CMC goes down, remains to be seen how they may split carries between Bonnafon and Scarlett. But have to say that I like the coach praise, it's a good sign Bonnafon might be the guy.

Is Cinna-Bonnafon someone who truly makes a sweet pickup? I get that he may get more work to save CMC, Rivera would only be smart doing so.

But I can't see him being fantasy relevant as a flex in the meantime so he seems just a pure handcuff for CMC owners/lotto tickets for non-CMC owners.

If CMC goes down, remains to be seen how they may split carries between Bonnafon and Scarlett. But have to say that I like the coach praise, it's a good sign Bonnafon might be the guy.
Does anyone have some info on this kid? Can’t find anything

Does anyone have some info on this kid? Can’t find anything
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound quarterback-turned-receiver-turned-running back exploded for a 4.40-second 40 and prospectively improved his stock as we are now less than one month before the 2018 NFL Draft begins. His first run was timed at 4.53.

The Panthers signing Mike Davis just made Bonnafon's murky situation even murkier.  If CMC is out, the Panthers will mostly likely split snaps between 3 running backs.  I'm cutting Bonnafon for a running back with a clearer role if the starter is out.

Panthers re-signed RB Reggie Bonnafon to a one-year, $585,000 contract.

Bonnafon was an exclusive rights free agent, meaning he could either re-sign with the Panthers or take his ball and go home. A second-year UDFA in 2019, Bonnafon was the Panthers' "No. 2 running back," but that amounted to just 67 snaps and 22 touches behind Christian McCaffrey. Bonnafon did average 7.3 yards on 16 carries. It's not a guarantee the 24-year-old is handed No. 2 duties in 2020, but he is obviously in the driver's seat.

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter

Feb 4, 2020, 3:19 PM ET

Panthers promoted RB Reggie Bonnafon from the practice squad.

Bonnafon adds depth with Christian McCaffrey (ankle) on IR. Mike Davis is expected to start, with Trenton Cannon mixing in. Bonnafon will serve as the No. 3 back.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Sep 26, 2020, 11:00 AM ET

Panthers waived RB Reggie Bonnafon. 

Bonnafon struggled to stick on the 53-man roster last year, as well, and became a long shot when the Panthers drafted Chuba Hubbard. Already 25 years old, Bonnafon has no Dynasty league future.
oof

Users who are viewing this thread