What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Giants vs. Patriots*** Thursday Night Football (1 Viewer)

Troy Aikman, you're reaction and analysis to the Giants being able to hold on 3rd and 4th Down

-"That's Huge!"

Thanks, back to you in the studio JB...

Did anyone have to flip a coin between say...oh I don't know, Josh Gordon and Golden Tate? 

Doesn't matter which one but I am interested who had to play one or choose between both as say WR3/4/Flex this week. 

If you want big play guys, Giants have Darius Slayton who is splitting reps with Cody Latimer, Jones will probably have those guys up the middle if anything.

EDIT: Looks like Bill is going to play off and dare Jones to make tight throws.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd and 1, you sprint the QB to the right...terrible play call. Aikman said "He needs some help" and I agree, kid is not getting good play calling IMO and he is a gem with good coaching and game plan. I'm sold on Daniel Jones, I've seen enough, if others feel different so be it. 

If you want big play guys, Giants have Darius Slayton who is splitting reps with Cody Latimer, Jones will probably have those guys up the middle if anything.

EDIT: Looks like Bill is going to play off and dare Jones to make tight throws.
NE has been playing hybrid zone and man at the same time a lot this year. Really confusing for QB’s because the defense has different responsibilities on the same play that has been hard for QB’s to read. 

Nice job by Giants to get the sack and force a punt. Odds of NYG to win, not high but if I am a Giants fan I'm looking at other things tonight. It's silly to wish for a win, it's more logical to measure the QB without a solid running game or front line RB, his top TE is OUT, his WR he has a connection with just sustained his 2nd concussion...if DJ an even beat the 17 point spread I would say it's a win for him. 

Giants have to find a way to move the ball on the ground. Jones is going to throw 4 INTs if they let him pass 45 times tonight.

EDIT: JESUS EFFING CHRIST REALLY???

-Feels like Jones threw a bad pass behind a WR in traffic, not much you can really say

-Brady gives it right back

we might be in store for a fun TNF game, we'll see what happens

That was nearly INT #2

Jones is making simple 1 read and throw passes, no real progression reads. The Patriots are on him, which is why Giants need to run the ball.

There are like 20 people ghosting here, they don't want to post until its safe lol.

The Golden penalty was BS if they're not calling the Jenkins late hit. Should have been offsetting.

Michel dropped that and almost dropped his earlier catch down the left sideline....wasn't he lauded for his receiving ability coming out, and no one could figure out why he wasn't being used that way?? They're trying to get him involved this week and last week (which will help them keep defenses guessing, he had zero catches until last weeks game) and he's not helping himself today

I still don't understand why the Giants were penalized on that return.   Well, I mean I understand because this is New England, but that was bizarre.

Michel dropped that and almost dropped his earlier catch down the left sideline....wasn't he lauded for his receiving ability coming out, and no one could figure out why he wasn't being used that way?? They're trying to get him involved this week and last week (which will help them keep defenses guessing, he had zero catches until last weeks game) and he's not helping himself today
Nope. That's exactly what I said to people watching with me. If they could split him out wide and use him as a gadget WR, he'd have so much more room. 

Can't let Brady sit back there and pick his nose read the new paper and sip some tea before having to throw

I still don't understand why the Giants were penalized on that return.   Well, I mean I understand because this is New England, but that was bizarre.

They just showed it, Giants player shoved a Pats player back down as he was trying to rise from the ground, after the whistle

They showed the guy from the Giants shoving a guy while out of bounds about five seconds after the play was over. They just showed the replay for the first time about a minute ago. 

Users who are viewing this thread