What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade offer (1 Viewer)

Thouin1

Footballguy
I just received a trade offer, I would give Ekeler and receive Smith-Schuster. The league is a full ppr. My current running backs are: C.Carson, J.Mixon, A. Ekeler, and C.Hyde. My current receivers are: K.Allen, T.Y.Hilton, D.J.Moore, E.Sanders. My current tight end is E.Engram. Thanks for the advice.

Pass. I'm assuming re-draft with start 2 RB and 3 WR. Ekeler still has a bunch of value even with Gordon back in the fold. Trading him eliminates your depth at RB. JuJu is a big name but with his QB situation he's not going to put up stats this year. I would think you could get by with Moore and Sanders at WR3 witho similar production or even finding a WR off the waiver wire if needed.

If this is dynasty, run..don't walk to accept this offer.

Lionsfan011 said:
Pass. I'm assuming re-draft with start 2 RB and 3 WR. Ekeler still has a bunch of value even with Gordon back in the fold. Trading him eliminates your depth at RB. JuJu is a big name but with his QB situation he's not going to put up stats this year. I would think you could get by with Moore and Sanders at WR3 witho similar production or even finding a WR off the waiver wire if needed.

If this is dynasty, run..don't walk to accept this offer.
When I first read this, I agreed with it, but as I thought about it, I disagreed with it.

Pittsburgh's QB situation is a big mess now, and no telling when it gets straighten out. Roethlisberger is 37 years old, so I would personally think that Smith-Schuster's value will be volatile until a good starting QB (with consistency in starting) is in place. It might take years for Pittsburgh QB situation to straighten out. Everyone knows how a QB can affect a WRs fantasy value.

It is true that Ekeler's value may take a hit with Gordon back, but there is no guarantee Gordon will be back with the Chargers next year or even stays healthy this year.

This is one of these situation where using logic isn't always helpful, but one must trust their gut.

Personally, I can see good arguments either way in this offer.

What I would probably do is sent a reply to the guy who offered this, telling him this is an interesting offer, but JuJu doesn't motivate me enough to deal away Ekeler. and I would see if he could sweeten his offer. If you really like JuJu, please disregard my last line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread