What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

best movie ruined by the worst accent? (1 Viewer)

mr. furley

Footballguy
for example, John Malkovich's accent in Rounders is such a horror show that i cannot watch that movie.

a friend of mine refused to watch Narcos because Wagner Moura's accent was not correct & he can't stand it.

Of course, it would be unpissah for me not to go aftah bad Boston accents and, unfortunately, must tag me ol pal Tom Hanks for Catch Me If You Can w the worst. Actually, he gets the sounds & meter right - there aah fawty wuhse accents in Mystic River alone - but is soooo careful to get it right that he misses the whole sloppymouthness at the accents' haaaaht. Actually, bad Irish brogues bother me worse than bad Bostonian. For that, plus many other dialectic sins, i must nominate Brad Pitt as the handsdown alltime worst accenter.

Of course, it would be unpissah for me not to go aftah bad Boston accents and, unfortunately, must tag me ol pal Tom Hanks for Catch Me If You Can w the worst. Actually, he gets the sounds & meter right - there aah fawty wuhse accents in Mystic River alone - but is soooo careful to get it right that he misses the whole sloppymouthness at the accents' haaaaht. Actually, bad Irish brogues bother me worse than bad Bostonian. For that, plus many other dialectic sins, i must nominate Brad Pitt as the handsdown alltime worst accenter.
Not okay in Snatch?

It's better than Nicholson in The Departed. Holy crap. That was terrible. Not sure what he was going for there.

Also, Nick Cage in just about anything - but specifically Con Air. 
After Vampire's Kiss, I grew to love Cages bizarre accents. My favorite underappreciated bad movie.

and, somehow, Sean Connery gets the Scottish accent wrong, it only works when he plays a Russian
This was my first thought.

Second thought, the director/producers didn't let Andie McDowell's accent ruin Greystone, thanks to Glenn close voice over.

Speaking of accents, allow me to interrupt the movie talk and share this hilarious poem, written in the style of Robert Burns, and best read with a strong (and likely bad) Scottish accent: Ode Tae a Fart

JFK was disastrous too; Costner can't do anything other than "Iowa".
JFK's New Orleans scenes are indicative of how poorly New Orleans accents are represented in film. John Larroquette is a New Orleans native -- he could've just used his natural speaking voice for his Clay Bertrand character.

JFK's New Orleans scenes are indicative of how poorly New Orleans accents are represented in film. John Larroquette is a New Orleans native -- he could've just used his natural speaking voice for his Clay Bertrand character.
I was coming here to post that any movie ever made about New Orleans has been tragically bad due to the complete inability of apparently anybody to act w a New Orleans accent.  Even natives can't do it.

worse than baldwin in the departed?

Users who are viewing this thread