What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone trading Malcolm Brown?? (1 Viewer)

$Money$

Footballguy
So is anyone trying to move Brown on the Gurley news now?  If so, what offers are you making/receiving?

I picked him up and promptly put him on my trade bait.  Crickets so far.  Not enough news on Gurley yet it seems.
Drafted him in two leagues, dropped him Tuesday morning in one to cover Waller's bye.  Gurley owner has Tyreek in my league so I'm giving that a shot.  Might just do the FGITLOTR thing and wait on the dust to settle if no bites on the Hill offer.

Drafted him in two leagues, dropped him Tuesday morning in one to cover Waller's bye.  Gurley owner has Tyreek in my league so I'm giving that a shot.  Might just do the FGITLOTR thing and wait on the dust to settle if no bites on the Hill offer.
tyreek for malcom Brown? 

yeah... not going to get any bites on that. not even a weed that feels like a nibble

Shot my shot at the Gurley owner. He has no other backs really. Thielen, Henderson, Brown for Kupp. Declined

If that is the case, then Kupp is a gigantic sell. 

Kupp is 90 percent situation and 10 percent talent in terms of his fantasy output. 
disagree here.

how come Reynolds didnt have the same success when Kupp was out?

After I made that post it got me thinking what it could cost to sell Kupp... it's quite high.  

disagree here.

After I made that post it got me thinking what it could cost to sell Kupp... it's quite high.  
I'm not saying he isn't good, just that he isn't the type of talent who is going to put up anywhere near those numbers in another situation.  Even Woods or Cooks going down would probably mess things up. 

I don't not like him, just when I see he's getting basically true number 1 WR type value it's time to sell. 

I'm not saying he isn't good, just that he isn't the type of talent who is going to put up anywhere near those numbers in another situation.  Even Woods or Cooks going down would probably mess things up. 

I don't not like him, just when I see he's getting basically true number 1 WR type value it's time to sell. 
You guys might do this and consider more than I do, but he's putting up straight WR1 numbers right now. It might be an even flip if you're getting a WR1 back, is all I'm saying.

Dr. Dan (I think) and I are usually looking through a dynasty lens too FWIW. 

I might not sell so fast in redraft. 

My SOP is usually to trade when a guy I don't think is really a WR1 is putting up those numbers that might get a "real" (IMO) number 1 in return.  

Dr. Dan (I think) and I are usually looking through a dynasty lens too FWIW. 

I might not sell so fast in redraft. 

My SOP is usually to trade when a guy I don't think is really a WR1 is putting up those numbers that might get a "real" (IMO) number 1 in return.  
Yeah, I assumed it was dynasty, hence my qualification that you might have considered this a little more deeply than I. Especially when team situations, QBs, coaches, etc., change so rapidly, dynasty seems more of a gamble on true talent rather than situation.

And that sounds like a good SOP to have. Best of luck with it!

disagree here.

Because Reynolds isn’t really a slot guy. I think Woods moves inside more and he benefitted.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s a 90/10 split as far as talent v situation but Goff has trouble throwing to his outside WRs and is much more effective on the scripted inside throws which Kupp benefits from. I think the offer being discussed was pretty fair as Thielen is every bit as good as Kupp just a bit older.

Dr. Dan said:
tyreek for malcom Brown? 

yeah... not going to get any bites on that. not even a weed that feels like a nibble
No go on Hill but did get a pick one straight up: Gallup/Jeffries/Tate.  He’s starting Gurley and RoJo in a 12 team redraft bc of injuries & bye.  Planning to hold Brown for now to see if he can grab that backfield completely.  He looked good last yr- 4.9 per carry before injury.  Even fat boy CJ Anderson who can’t find a team was very good there.

No go on Hill but did get a pick one straight up: Gallup/Jeffries/Tate.  He’s starting Gurley and RoJo in a 12 team redraft bc of injuries & bye.  Planning to hold Brown for now to see if he can grab that backfield completely.  He looked good last yr- 4.9 per carry before injury.  Even fat boy CJ Anderson who can’t find a team was very good there.
The Haywood Jeffries?  That Haywood Jeffries?

I'll take a piece of the run-and-shoot, thanks.

In all seriousness, holding him sounds like a plan, but that SF match-up is tough and if Gallup ever starts getting red or end zone looks you might regret passing on him.

wow I would have rode off into the sunset with Gallup on that one. Best of luck to you on this season! 

Yep, I was gently saying that, too.

But everybody's mileage varies, eh?
I get it.  Not to turn this into an assistant coach forum but I start Prescott and start Golladay - R Woods. Not great but serviceable. Standard redraft w rwt flex so backs carry higher value.

New OC might keep things from going completely run in big D-Zeke is still there and it looks like Dak only has eyes for Cooper.  Gallup most likely doesn’t generate WR1 numbers.

Brown at least has a path to RB1 status unless Gurley really only has contusion and assuming he can hold up on arthritic knee.  Dominick Davis tried that and it didn’t go well.

I get it.  Not to turn this into an assistant coach forum but I start Prescott and start Golladay - R Woods. Not great but serviceable. Standard redraft w rwt flex so backs carry higher value.

New OC might keep things from going completely run in big D-Zeke is still there and it looks like Dak only has eyes for Cooper.  Gallup most likely doesn’t generate WR1 numbers.

Brown at least has a path to RB1 status unless Gurley really only has contusion and assuming he can hold up on arthritic knee.  Dominick Davis tried that and it didn’t go well.
Gotcha. Everybody's league and roster is different and has differing needs. Good luck. Hope you catch the lightning in the bottle, as Dr. Dan put it.

to each their own. CJ was yuge last year I cant blame anyone for trying to catch that lightning in a bottle. I'm in the Henderson camp a few more weeks yet 
Rams matched Lions in offseason to keep Brown there & rooks struggle in pass pro regardless of college offensive scheme.  Henderson could be the guy, Brown should at least get first shot.  

Appreciate the input!

FWIW Gallup is WR7 in average fp/g in ppr...wr5 in standard. food for thought. 

FWIW Gallup is WR7 in average fp/g in ppr...wr5 in standard. food for thought. 
I was about to call you out for cherry picking, then I looked at his games.  7/158, 6/68, and 7/113/1

Those are certainly WR1 type numbers.

Dr. Octopus said:
Because Reynolds isn’t really a slot guy. I think Woods moves inside more and he benefitted.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s a 90/10 split as far as talent v situation but Goff has trouble throwing to his outside WRs and is much more effective on the scripted inside throws which Kupp benefits from. I think the offer being discussed was pretty fair as Thielen is every bit as good as Kupp just a bit older.
Just to be clear my offer (Thielen, Brown, Hendo for Kupp) was in a redraft. Well, light keeper league but none of the players involved have much keeper value per league rules so basically a pure redraft. The team I offered to was 4-1. If they were say 2-3 and needed a win this week it might have had a better shot at working. Like I said it was just an offer I tossed out not expecting much consideration but you never know. Maybe he’s freaked out by the Gurley injury and wants to ensure he has at least one good back to start all year. 

In dynasty where I do own Kupp in both I hadn’t really thought about it but yeah he seems like a sell high. Might have to start seeing what I could get.

I was about to call you out for cherry picking, then I looked at his games.  7/158, 6/68, and 7/113/1

Those are certainly WR1 type numbers.
This might still be valid.  First game was Giants where everyone has scored sans Bradty Thursday.  Second Chargers and 3rd garbage time after being down 3 scores in the 3rd qtr.  

Dallas is much better at winning when Dak doesn’t throw.  Week 10 to 15 schedule is pretty rough too w Buf, NE, Chi mixed in. Of course u could give the 2nd WR gets lesser coverage and they will have to throw to move it against upper end Ds.

Just to be clear my offer (Thielen, Brown, Hendo for Kupp) was in a redraft. Well, light keeper league but none of the players involved have much keeper value per league rules so basically a pure redraft. The team I offered to was 4-1. If they were say 2-3 and needed a win this week it might have had a better shot at working. Like I said it was just an offer I tossed out not expecting much consideration but you never know. Maybe he’s freaked out by the Gurley injury and wants to ensure he has at least one good back to start all year. 

In dynasty where I do own Kupp in both I hadn’t really thought about it but yeah he seems like a sell high. Might have to start seeing what I could get.
I was hoping redraft. has a bit more realism in that scenario. I just dont trust kirk... but he can't stay away from theilen it seems 

I was hoping redraft. has a bit more realism in that scenario. I just dont trust kirk... but he can't stay away from theilen it seems 
There’s just not enough volume and Kirk isn’t good. The 5 tds this year are great but he’s getting targeted more like the end of last year vs his hot streak to begin it. I sold him in dynasty and have been shopping hard without luck in redraft.

Users who are viewing this thread