What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is anyone trading away good TEs? (1 Viewer)

Cowboysfan8

Footballguy
I drafted Ertz and was fortunate to get Waller off the wire early this season. 

I feel like I should try to move one of them to upgrade elsewhere, and that they should be in high demand in this yr of TE wasteland 

What you offered or been offered for either of these guys?

I'd have done that deal despite Olsen's goose egg last week. Long live the Hock!
16-team league,  and some injuries (Barkley for one).   It was a good deal for my team or I would be starting guys who should not even be rostered in most leagues.  Rolling with Olsen this week though.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been pleased with Hooper and picked Henry up off of WW this week. Was fishing a little for Kelce early in the year, but backed off since I'm getting good production there.

Been trying to trade either Cook or Everett (packaged with Curtis Samuel or Metcalf) for a WR but can't seem to get any takers. What should I expect in return?

A few weeks ago I traded Dissly & Ridley to a TE needy team for Kupp. My other TE was Kittle. Then I picked up Henry as a FA lol.
Wow, that is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. Trading kupp for those 2? Must be a soccer fan or something that did that. I would take a weekly zero at TE before doing that trade.

Been trying to trade either Cook or Everett (packaged with Curtis Samuel or Metcalf) for a WR but can't seem to get any takers. What should I expect in return?
Maybe because if your starter is Cook or Everett, you're the one looking for an upgrade.

Maybe because if your starter is Cook or Everett, you're the one looking for an upgrade.
No, my starter is Engram. Not looking for a top WR, just bench depth. Wondering what either one is worth, if anything.

No, my starter is Engram. Not looking for a top WR, just bench depth. Wondering what either one is worth, if anything.
I understand that.

What I said was, if some hypothetical team has one of those guys starting, then they're weak at TE and seeking an upgrade. They're not anyone's idea of a fix to the problem.

I just traded Freeman and Olsen for Hooper and Malcolm Brown in PPR. 

Im a Barkley owner who had bye week issues.

Freeman is not doing great at all and Olsen is doing well but over the season it appears Hooper is top flight and Brown is the guy I needed this week.

The guys in my leagues  (Most of my leagues are standard, start 1 TE, no flex) won't even give you a bag of pretzels for a TE.

AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE PRETZELS.

Full disclosure, you won't see but possibly 2-3 trades an entire season per league, in my leagues.  Its like the guys would rather just "take the low/no output" rather than trade away someone that may blow up on someone else's team. 

But I don't know if I have EVER seen a TE included in a trade in all my years. Very damn few, if any.

TZM

The guys in my leagues  (Most of my leagues are standard, start 1 TE, no flex) won't even give you a bag of pretzels for a TE.

Full disclosure, you won't see but possibly 2-3 trades an entire season per league, in my leagues.  Its like the guys would rather just "take the low/no output" rather than trade away someone that may blow up on someone else's team. 

But I don't know if I have EVER seen a TE included in a trade in all my years. Very damn few, if any.

TZM
Funny, most of the trades I've been involved in included a TE.

TZM
TE is usually the EASIEST position to trade. There's always 3-4 teams with horrible TEs so if you have two good TEs there's little risk trading your backup to strengthen another position. It's different than RB because everyone hordes them, WRs are always needed for bye weeks and flexing, and nobody trades for QBs.

This is a joke right? The players I've seen traded away for TEs in this thread is pure insanity. 
Maybe in redraft...  Initially, they were talking about a much longer time table for Barkley.

Shopped Waller and no takers.  Personally, I think they're missing the boat as a couple of these teams are in position to win now but have weak TEs.

I traded Chark and Fant plus a 6th, for Dissly and MVS and a 7th in a redraft. I'm a Howard owner and did the Herndon thing so I really needed a TE. I'm in the mix and have Lockett, Edelman, Cupp, and Adams (which makes MVS logical) in a start 3 WR league. Sucks to lose Chark but he's on my bench which is silly.

A couple weeks ago I got Andrews for Tyrell Williams.  I have OJ Howard.  Then got an offer for Andrews and my Hopkins for Carson and Tyreek. Wasn’t sure on both of them with injuries so I packaged Andrews and Hopkins for Chubb and Doyle. Kinda regretting it now but hopefully it pans out. 

I traded Chark and Fant plus a 6th, for Dissly and MVS and a 7th in a redraft. I'm a Howard owner and did the Herndon thing so I really needed a TE. I'm in the mix and have Lockett, Edelman, Cupp, and Adams (which makes MVS logical) in a start 3 WR league. Sucks to lose Chark but he's on my bench which is silly.
Trading draft picks in a redraft? That ain't right.

/hijack

Users who are viewing this thread