What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Issues with Elizabeth Warren and Her Lies (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the most popular response from the forum liberals is "Trump is a liar too!"

Which tells me what I need to know.  
There have been two common responses here:

1.  "Trump supporters are really trying to call out Warren for lying when Trump is perhaps the greatest liar in modern political history?"

2. "Please provide evidence of Warren lying."

#2 has mostly been ignored.  

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
Does FBGs have any sort of policy to diminish disinformation here?  It seems like it might be needed if a moderator is openly acknowledging that this is disinformation and that’s a serious problem.  
No.  Not really.

Repeating the same disinformation over and over is apparently fine.  

ClownCausedChaos2 said:
Good thing is, you don't have to.  Assuming you're a registered Republican, you won't have to vote for her in the primary.  Then, since we have a two party system, you won't have to vote for her in the general.  So, why worry about it?  May I suggest that you enjoy Democracy while you still can.
That’s why 2020 is so important. 

MAGA

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
Does FBGs have any sort of policy to diminish disinformation here?  It seems like it might be needed if a moderator is openly acknowledging that this is disinformation and that’s a serious problem.  
We encourage people to correct each others’ factual errors.

When people post erroneous information, they are often not fabricating it themselves. They are often repeating what they’ve gathered from unreliable sources. This forum doesn’t share Wikipedia’s sourcing standards — people here are allowed to post information from Sean Hannity or Seth Abramson. Others are encouraged to contradict false claims with information from better sources.

If that leads to a discussion about whether CNN’s news reporting isn’t an obviously better source than Project Veritas’s YouTube channel, it will make my eyeballs bleed and my heart grieve, but sometimes that’s the discussion we need to have.

On some issues, Warren is a bit too left for my tastes but when it comes to honesty she has the incumbent beat. Because the incumbent is a lying sack of weasel poo. 

TripItUp said:
Seems like the most popular response from the forum liberals is "Trump is a liar too!"

Trip, this is a factual error - it was suggested we point these out.

RW, KD and Willbill - you guys liked, loved and thanked this factually incorrect post.  Thought you guys should know.

Godspeed.

OrtonToOlsen said:
There have been two common responses here:

1.  "Trump supporters are really trying to call out Warren for lying when Trump is perhaps the greatest liar in modern political history?"

2. "Please provide evidence of Warren lying."

#2 has mostly been ignored.  
I provided a link to a Washington Post article regarding her Native American lies, so there’s that.

On some issues, Warren is a bit too left for my tastes but when it comes to honesty she has the incumbent beat. Because the incumbent is a lying sack of weasel poo. 
Yeah, we aren’t discussing Trump in this thread.   We are discussing Warren’s lies.

TripItUp said:

my response is not that "Trump is a liar too!", it's that trump fans have demonstrated that they don't really care about truthiness from politicians.

She has Native American ancestry. Please list the statement she has made that you believe is false.
Please read the Washington Post article already provided.  As a liberal, you are more likely to believe that, than anything I claim in a post.

Yeah, we aren’t discussing Trump in this thread.   We are discussing Warren’s lies.
Still waiting on these lies. Native American one? Meh.

What else you got?

Keep in mind the threshold for how many lies, type of lie, etc has kind of moved to an epic scale due to recent events.

So just to be clear...you are counting her claiming to be part Native American (which IS true) multiple times as multiple lies?
Nope, that’s just one blatant and egregious lie...we will get to the others regarding her past employment record etc.  

I’m not surprised that this liberal forum has blatantly overlooked these lies.

Weird that the Warren supporters can’t provide any support that she didn’t lie about her heritage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we breaking any new ground here that is not already covered in the Elizabeth Warren thread?  Or are we just rolling around in the same slop?

This feels like a cry for attention.

my response is not that "Trump is a liar too!", it's that trump fans have demonstrated that they don't really care about truthiness from politicians.
That can be true, but is not my intended topic and frankly comes off as a diversion to the  issue we are addressing in this thread...Warren’s lies.

Are we breaking any new ground here that is not already covered in the Elizabeth Warren thread?  Or are we just rolling around in the same slop?
If we can have 34 Trump threads it seems fair to have two Warren threads.   

We must be reading different threads.  

This thread has nothing to do with Trump yet he’s been mentioned 65.5 times in this thread.  The liberals are obsessed.
Factual error #1 - we are both reading the same thread

Factual error #2 - self-referential error; the thread does have something to do with Trump, you just mentioned him 

Factual error #3 - he has not been mentioned 65.5 times 

Godspeed

If we can have 34 Trump threads it seems fair to have two Warren threads.   
I don't care about "fair" - its just dumb.  Go bash her to your heart's content in one thread.

This thread is not covering anything new or different - which makes it a waste.

That can be true, but is not my intended topic and frankly comes off as a diversion to the  issue we are addressing in this thread...Warren’s lies.
Don’t we have more? Some conservative website has to have a bunch ready to cut and paste.

The ancestry one barely registers. 

The ancestry one barely registers. 
Interesting take despite the hard evidence provided in the Post article. 

Im actually surprised the fbg liberal lynch mob hasn’t tripped over itself to discredit the article.

Lying about out who you are while running for political office is a grotesque lie in my opinion...particularly when it is an obvious play for political gain in a party obsessed with race.

I don't care about "fair" - its just dumb.  Go bash her to your heart's content in one thread.

This thread is not covering anything new or different - which makes it a waste.
Exactly.  Her native American stuff has been covered.  The teacher stuff has been covered.  Her candidacy is covered in her thread.

Its a thread meant for one reason

Nope, that’s just one blatant and egregious lie...we will get to the others regarding her past employment record etc.

weird that the Warren supporters can’t provide any support that she didn’t lie about her heritage.
Feel free to post the lie about her employment record.  

And while, technically, she does have some Native American ancestry she apologized for misrepresenting/exaggerating it.  

Now purely anecdotal...

Warren was born and raised in Oklahoma.  Although I don’t live in OK there are tons of people around here, thanks to the Dust Bowl,  whose parents/grandparents from there.

The overwhelming majority of them claim Native American heritage (which, historically, makes sense).   My wife’s grandfather came to California as a kid from Oklahoma.  Pretty much all of his family loved to talk about the great grandmother that was “100% Choctaw”.  Eventually it was proved through records that she was 1/4 Creek.

Lying about out who you are while running for political office is a grotesque lie in my opinion...particularly when it is an obvious play for political gain in a party obsessed with race.
There wasn't hard evidence.

She lied about who she is while

running for office?  That is factually in accurate as well.

Grotesque? :lmao:
political gain?  There is zero hard evidence of that

And while, technically, she does have some Native American ancestry she apologized for misrepresenting/exaggerating it.  
It is noted that she apologized for the lie.  Good political move by her, but it doesn’t take away from questions of character and integrity.

She could have been told she was Native American for years. My family thought they were Scottish turns out we were more French when the parents did the genetic test. Not that blown away by this.

It is noted that she apologized for the lie.  Good political move by her, but it doesn’t take away from questions of character and integrity.
OH OK 

During a January 2019 public appearance in Sioux City, Iowa, Warren was asked by an attendee, "Why did you undergo the DNA testing and give Donald more fodder to be a bully?" Warren responded in part, "I am not a person of color; I am not a citizen of a tribe. Tribal citizenship is very different from ancestry. Tribes, and only tribes, determine tribal citizenship, and I respect that difference."[146] She later reached out to leadership of the Cherokee Nation to apologize "for furthering confusion over issues of tribal sovereignty and citizenship and for any harm her announcement caused". Cherokee Nation executive director of communications Julie Hubbard said that Warren understands "that being a Cherokee Nation tribal citizen is rooted in centuries of culture and laws not through DNA tests."[147]

I know you don’t want to talk about Trump but...

Can you please cite any time Trump has apologized for any statement/claim/lie that has been proven untrue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread