What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR CeeDee Lamb, DAL (1 Viewer)

Complete stud.  One of the reasons I've been saying the 2020 RBs shouldn't necessarily be the top dynasty picks. 

Jeudy and Lamb are really, really good. Ruggs looks like he is going to go very high in the draft too. 

He does remind me of Watkins. Great route runner, YAC, hands.... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete stud.  One of the reasons I've been saying the 2020 RBs shouldn't necessarily be the top dynasty picks. 

Jeudy and Lamb are really, really good. Ruggs looks like he is going to go very high in the draft too. 

I agree only for the truly exceptional WRs, which Lamb is clearly one of.

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb caught 10 passes for 171 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 34-27 win over Texas.

Lamb (6'2/191) was all over the place in this one, showing off the explosive, shifty skill-set which has him in line to land as a first-round selection in the spring draft should he declare. He scored on a little one-yard touchdown grab in the first quarter, plus a 27-yard grab in the fourth quarter, but it was his third-quarter score which had social media buzzing. On the play, QB Jalen Hurts took a flea flicker toss back and found Lamb wide open down the right sideline. The junior then proceeded to put on his dancing shoes, weaving his way through multiple would-be tacklers before scampering into the end zone on what finished as a 51-yard touchdown catch. Lamb has now topped 170 yards receiving in two of his last three games. The Biletnikoff candidate will try for further big things against West Virginia next weekend.

Oct 12, 2019, 4:37 PM ET

CeeDee Lamb puts on a highlight show as Oklahoma downs Texas

WATCH: Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb scores two insane TDs, ups NFL Draft profile vs. Texas

CeeDee Lamb: "Felt Like the Best Game of My Career"

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb caught seven passes for 185 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 55-16 win over Texas Tech.

In a 2020 WR class loaded with talent, Lamb continues to command a spot at the top. There aren’t many WRs in the country who can match Lamb’s speed and acrobatics, especially for a 6-foot-2, 191-pound guy. Lamb hauled in all of Oklahoma’s passing touchdowns on the day. Look for Lamb to put up big numbers again versus Kansas next week.

Sep 28, 2019, 3:38 PM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb caught six passes for 144 yards and a touchdown in Saturday’s 70-14 win over South Dakota.

Lamb caught a miraculous deep ball while falling to the ground early in the game. The feat set the tone for the rest of the game — or at least until Oklahoma scored enough to sit their starters. Lamb may have a case as the best wide receiver in the 2020 NFL draft and he certainly played like it. Expect a similar (or better) stat line for Lamb next week against UCLA.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:34 PM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb caught two passes for 46 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's 49-31 win over Houston.

Lamb (6'2/191), who also accounted for 26 yards on three punt returns, was one of seven Sooners that caught at least two passes on the night. The junior, who caught 65 passes for 1,158 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, will be one of the top options for new QB Jalen Hurts. Also, Lamb surpassed the 2,000 career receiving yards mark with his 45-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter.

SOURCE: Oklahoma Football on Twitter

Sep 1, 2019, 11:24 PM ET

ESPN's Matt Bowen compared Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb to Davante Adams.

Lamb (6'2/191) is a lot thinner than Adams (6'1/215), but both receivers have a ton of early-age college production and Lamb can emerge as a team's WR1 like Adams has done in Green Bay. Some analysts like to compare Lamb to DeAndre Hopkins because of their sideline footwork, which goes to show what kind of upside Lamb possesses. Lamb is an explosive athlete, who should flirt with a Day 1 selection with another big college season. The Athletic's Dane Brugler believes Lamb has the traits to be a star in the NFL.

SOURCE: ESPN CFB on Twitter

Aug 6, 2019, 7:17 PM ET

The Athletic's Dane Brugler ranks Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb second among wideouts in the 2020 draft class coming into the 2019 season.

Brugler notes that Lamb's top trait is his "catch point skills,' and he notes that Lamb is arguably the best pass-catcher in all of college football. Pretty high praise, that. Brugler also writes that Lamb shows some above-average traits in his route-running, but his consistency isn't there yet, particularly at the stem. "An explosive talent, Lamb needs to do a better job making each route look the same to keep coverage defenders guessing," Brugler writes in his outlook, "but the athletic traits, ball skills and competitive drive are all there for Lamb to be a star in the NFL."

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jul 24, 2019, 11:09 AM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb was named preseason first team all-Big 12 by Athlon Sports.

Lamb (6'2/191) was the outlet's first team choice at two positions: all-purpose and punt returner. As a sophomore the Sooner standout was a productive option alongside "Hollywood" Brown, catching 65 passes for 1,158 yards and 11 touchdowns. Lamb caught at least one touchdown pass in seven consecutive games last season, and he also returned 17 punts for an average of 12.8 yards per return. With Brown now in the NFL, CeeDee Lamb is the top pass-catching option for the Sooners in 2019.

SOURCE: Athlon Sports

Jul 14, 2019, 7:34 PM ET

NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah "loved" Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb last year.

It would be hard not to. Lamb (6'2/189) is squarely on the Day 1 or Day 2 radar after showing explosion and balance during his 2018 breakout season. With a 65-1,118-11 receiving line under his belt, Lamb is one healthy season away from an early declaration. He'll be one of a large handful of receivers looking to take Jerry Jeudy's crown as the 2020 WR1.

SOURCE: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Jul 3, 2019, 10:12 AM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb piled up 483 yards after catch in 2018.

If you haven't heard, this Lamb (6'2/189) fellow is pretty good. One of the more athletic receiver prospects in the class, Lamb can beat corners deep with speed or underneath with elusiveness. With Jalen Hurts at quarterback, expect Lamb to get even more involved on short-area passes that allow him to create after the catch. If Lamb matches last year's performance, he'll be in play as a Day 1 pick next spring.

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Jun 17, 2019, 6:16 PM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb's passer rating when targeted of 145.2 in 2018 ranks second among returning FBS receivers.

Lamb (6'2/189) did have a pretty special quarterback throwing him the ball in Kyler Murray, but on the inverse, there were plenty of times when he made Murray look like roses. ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. and Bleacher Report's Matt Miller both rank the junior standout as their No. 14 draft-eligible prospect for next spring. Lamb logged a 65-1118-11 receiving line during the 2018 campaign. Now that Hollywood Brown is off to the NFL, Lamb could take those numbers up even another level this fall.

Jun 6, 2019, 4:51 PM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb ranks 14th on ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr's Big Board for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Lamb is one of five wideouts who rank on Kiper's Big Board, and the only one who ranks higher than the Sooner wideout is Alabama's Jerry Jeudy; who comes in first. Lamb put up big numbers last year (65/1,118/11) and he's going to be the top target with Marquis "Hollywood" Brown off for the NFL. It wouldn't be a huge surprise to us if both Lamb and Jeudy were top 10 picks next April.

SOURCE: ESPN

May 17, 2019, 9:17 PM ET

In his too-early 2020 big board, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller ranked Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb as the No. 14 draft-eligible prospect in the class.

And in a nice bit of synchronicity, Miller actually has Lamb flying off the board at No. 14 (to the Jaguars) in his too-early 2020 mock draft. The Sooners standout posted a 65-1118-11 receiving line this past season, and that was with Hollywood Brown working as WR1. Lamb could be in for a huge campaign upcoming now that he will be The Man out wide in Norman.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

May 8, 2019, 4:03 PM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb brought in five passes for 135 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 48-41 loss to Kansas State.

Lamb (6'2/191) continues to look like the best WR in the country, even in defeat. He averaged nearly 30 yards per catch, largely because of one 70-yard touchdown he scored in which he had three Kansas State defenders swarmed around him at one point before he broke loose. Lamb’s ability to weave through chaos and explode once free is near-unrivaled in college football. Lamb had 52 more receiving yards than any other player on either team in this game.

Oct 26, 2019, 3:50 PM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb registered eight receptions for 167 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 42-41 win against Iowa State.

Lamb (6'2/191) averaged a healthy 20.9 yards per reception, his third consecutive game posting at least 20 yards per grab. It was also his fourth multi-score game this season, as he is up to 44 receptions, 983 receiving yards, 13 receiving scores and one rushing touchdown across his nine outings. Next up for Lamb and the high-octane Sooners is a highly-anticipated trip to Waco to meet the unbeaten Baylor Bears next Saturday night.

Nov 10, 2019, 12:38 AM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb is currently Pro Football Focus' highest-graded Power 5 receiver (min. 45 targets).

In other news, the sky is blue. Lamb has been stellar all year in every aspect of the position. Route-running, yards-after-catch, contested catches -- anything that a top WR needs to prove they are worth a top-10 pick, Lamb has it. Lamb edges out Oregon State's Isaiah Hodgins and Clemson's Tee Higgins for the top spot, for now.

Nov 13, 2019, 7:03 PM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb is considered to be questionable for Saturday's game at Baylor due to an undisclosed issue.

Lamb (6'2/189) missed some practice time this week, and it's unknown if the reason is injury-related or something else. Should the junior wide receiver not be able to play the Sooners would be without their best pass-catcher, and that would put even more on the shoulders of QB Jalen Hurts. WR Charleston Rambo, who has also been a key target for Hurts, would see an increase in both targets and defensive attention if Lamb is unable to play.

SOURCE: OU Daily

Nov 16, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

I have 2 early 1sts and 1 (hopefully very) late 1st. 

I was planning on taking BA RB with my top 2 picks as that is a bigger area of need for me as I am very deep at wr... but I am really liking the idea of having Lamb or Jeudy... 

I have 2 early 1sts and 1 (hopefully very) late 1st. 

I was planning on taking BA RB with my top 2 picks as that is a bigger area of need for me as I am very deep at wr... but I am really liking the idea of having Lamb or Jeudy... 
I’m in a similar boat with 3 first and two top 5 picks. I’m going best available RB or WR and could see Lamb and Jeudy very much in that mix

I’m in a similar boat with 3 first and two top 5 picks. I’m going best available RB or WR and could see Lamb and Jeudy very much in that mix
me too, but I am much more thin at rb (Barkley, mixon, guice, henderson) than I am at wr (diggs, sutton, kupp, godwin, p williams, isabella, jjaw) 

me too, but I am much more thin at rb (Barkley, mixon, guice, henderson) than I am at wr (diggs, sutton, kupp, godwin, p williams, isabella, jjaw) 
I’m more thin at WR but this year I’m going best player available throughout. I thought that would be 3 RBs in the first but now not so sure

I’m more thin at WR but this year I’m going best player available throughout. I thought that would be 3 RBs in the first but now not so sure
I'm going to try and be disciplined and do the same. I agree- Lamb and Jeudy may very well be in the conversation for top 3. I havent done all my homework yet but they both look incredible

Right now I have the top three rookie picks in one league but don’t expect that to hold up. This is a ppr league that favors WRs so I’m hoping for 1.1 and 1.2 so I can go Jeudy/Lamb. Honestly even if our lineup format favored RBs more I’d still go this route in all likelihood. I like to build around WRs and this feels a lot like Julio/AJG to me, not in terms of player comps but in terms of two really close blue chip WRs in the first round. 

Right now I have the top three rookie picks in one league but don’t expect that to hold up. This is a ppr league that favors WRs so I’m hoping for 1.1 and 1.2 so I can go Jeudy/Lamb. Honestly even if our lineup format favored RBs more I’d still go this route in all likelihood. I like to build around WRs and this feels a lot like Julio/AJG to me, not in terms of player comps but in terms of two really close blue chip WRs in the first round. 
Just to play devil's advocate, since last year at this time everyone (including me) was swooning over AJ Brown 1.1

Would you still go this route if they went to Buffalo and Washington or Miami?

Just to play devil's advocate, since last year at this time everyone (including me) was swooning over AJ Brown 1.1

I would probably still go that route if one of them went to Buffalo but I don’t see Buf as such a horrible landing spot. It’s definitely not ideal; don’t get me wrong. But this is all in context. Like I mentioned this is a league where RBs are a little less valuable bc of starting lineup requirements and ppr. Also, if KC were to grab Taylor in the first or something like that of course I’d be flexible and consider my options. 

It’s rare that WRs projected to go this high go to ideal situations at least to memory. Calvin, Andre Johnson, AJG were all worth the investment even though they went to bad situations. I think the evaluation of the player matters most. 

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb's (head) status for Saturday's game vs. TCU has yet to be determined, HC Lincoln Riley said Monday.

Lamb (6'2/189) took a shot to the head during the Sooners' win over Iowa State on November 9, and after he attempted to go through pregame warmups it was determined that he would not play against Baylor. Whether or not the junior wide receiver, one of the nation's top pass-catchers and a semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award, will play against TCU won't be known until later in the week.

SOURCE: Drew Davison on Twitter

Nov 18, 2019, 11:33 AM ET

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb caught two passes for 16 yards with a touchdown in a 28-24 win over TCU on Saturday.

Lamb (6'2/189) was making his return to the field after missing the come-from-behind victory against Baylor due to a head injury. It wasn't a huge game, but the talented wideout was able to find a score in a game where Oklahoma ran the ball 64 times compared to 21 passing attempts. Expect Lamb to get many more targets next Saturday against Oklahoma State.

Nov 23, 2019, 11:28 PM ET

Washington I would pause. FO, QB situation and the way they handle injuries are a major concern.

Lamb vs Jeudy seems to be an emerging theme in some previews/mocks of the NFL draft. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a debate in ff circles. I’m guessing there will be based on landing spot. I’m still on Jeudy for the time being but this will be fun to dig into in the offseason. 

Lamb vs Jeudy seems to be an emerging theme in some previews/mocks of the NFL draft. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s a debate in ff circles. I’m guessing there will be based on landing spot. I’m still on Jeudy for the time being but this will be fun to dig into in the offseason. 
I love Jeudy and I could see an arguement that Lamb is better.  They are both awesome. 

Whoever takes Jeudy should plan to utilize his sick agility, hands, and route running.  He's super fast too, but doesn't have to rely on it. 

Whoever takes Lamb should plan to feature his insane YAC ability with his physicality and overall solid game. 

I love Jeudy and I could see an arguement that Lamb is better.  They are both awesome. 

Whoever takes Jeudy should plan to utilize his sick agility, hands, and route running.  He's super fast too, but doesn't have to rely on it. 

Whoever takes Lamb should plan to feature his insane YAC ability with his physicality and overall solid game. 
I mentioned this in the 2020 prospect thread but I’m hoping I’m in a position to get both. I probably have the 1.1 and 1.3 in a league that rewards WR so there’s a chance one of them could go at 1.2. I’m going to have to make my mind up on one of them for sure. 

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb caught eight passes for 173 yards in Saturday's 30-23 overtime win over Baylor in the Big 12 Championship.

Lamb (6'2/189) was over 100 yards receiving before halftime, the bulk of that coming on a beautiful catch-and-run of 71 yards in the first quarter. On the play, the junior caught a short pass on the left sideline and then proceeded to turn on the jets, forcing multiple missed tackles and very nearly breaking it for a touchdown. OU would subsequently cash in on a short scoring run by Kennedy Brooks. While Lamb did not find the end zone on Saturday, he makes for Oklahoma's most consistent and dangerous weapon. A Playoff berth is likely coming the Sooners' way on Sunday unless Georgia gunks up the works.

Dec 7, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

No disrespect my friend but we here this every year yet every year the top RB always outperform the top WR. So as great as Jeudy and Lamb might be, recent history says the top running back will outperform them. And no one has pimped Lamb more than me. Those running backs are just as special if not more. IMHO.

Tex

No disrespect my friend but we here this every year yet every year the top RB always outperform the top WR. So as great as Jeudy and Lamb might be, recent history says the top running back will outperform them. And no one has pimped Lamb more than me. Those running backs are just as special if not more. IMHO.

Tex

I remember people taking Ingram over Julio and AJG and Sankey and Hyde way too high in that 2014 class :)

I don't disagree with your take though, the RBs have been better every class since 2014.  I think we have lacked the really amazing WR prospects though.  Nobody has compared to Julio or AJG since they came out, and we have had some generational RB talent instead. 

I remember people taking Ingram over Julio and AJG and Sankey and Hyde way too high in that 2014 class :)

I don't disagree with your take though, the RBs have been better every class since 2014.  I think we have lacked the really amazing WR prospects though.  Nobody has compared to Julio or AJG since they came out, and we have had some generational RB talent instead. 
Lol so true, this draft will be intriguing. Imagine Swift in KC or Taylor in KC, people will be giving up the farm for the 1.01 pick whether it’s PPR or not. I will be drafting Lamb no matter where he ends up. “IF” I pass on Jeudy it will be with the idea that I can grab Higgins later. I have Higgins at a very close #3 WR.

Tex

Lol so true, this draft will be intriguing. Imagine Swift in KC or Taylor in KC, people will be giving up the farm for the 1.01 pick whether it’s PPR or not. I will be drafting Lamb no matter where he ends up. “IF” I pass on Jeudy it will be with the idea that I can grab Higgins later. I have Higgins at a very close #3 WR.

Tex
Totally agree, landing spot will probably tell us which of these super talented players is the 1.01.

What picks do you have?

Tex
In one superflex rebuild I have 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, and probably 1.09ish depending on the playoff success of that team.  That's where I have the most picks. 

I have another superflex where i am projected to have 1.04, 1.08, 1.11. 

That 1. 01 is going to be a really tough choice.  I'll probably trade down unless there is a really clear winning landing spot.  I'm not going QB if I use the pick even though it is Superflex and I need a QB.  That's against my normal philosophy, but that's what I think of the skill position players in this class... 

In one superflex rebuild I have 1.01, 1.04, 1.06, and probably 1.09ish depending on the playoff success of that team.  That's where I have the most picks. 

I have another superflex where i am projected to have 1.04, 1.08, 1.11. 

That 1. 01 is going to be a really tough choice.  I'll probably trade down unless there is a really clear winning landing spot.  I'm not going QB if I use the pick even though it is Superflex and I need a QB. 
You should come away with some great players with those picks.

Tex

Oklahoma junior WR CeeDee Lamb caught four passes for 119 yards in Saturday's 63-28 loss to LSU in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

Lamb (6'2/189) had several nice catches in the game -- notably, a 51-yard grab in the first quarter which set up Oklahoma's first touchdown -- but OU was completely outclassed offensively, on the whole. And just to add to the sting, Lamb dropped what would have been a sure touchdown in the closing minutes of the contest. The junior wideout closes out his junior campaign the owner of a 62-1327-14 receiving line in 12 games. Should Lamb declare for the draft upcoming, he has upside for a mid-first-round selection, possibly even scraping into the top-10 should a team fall in love. It's a loaded receivers class, which makes his draft range somewhat variable.

Dec 28, 2019, 8:03 PM ET

Maybe I'm being hyper critical here, but he seems to play small or come up small in big moments.  I think that's due to some drops and how it could have been so much better.  He still produces quite well but just thinking how he could of added ~50 yards and another TD in some games leaves me wanting more.  Not just yesterdays game.

Oklahoma WR CeeDee Lamb has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Lamb (6'2/189) announced his decision one day after Oklahoma's season came to an end with a loss in the College Football Playoff semifinal at the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl. The Richmond, Texas native appeared in 13 of the Sooners' 14 games, catching 62 passes for 1,327 yards and 14 touchdowns. Lamb was also used on special teams, as he returned 24 punts for 179 yards. He's projected to be a Day 1 draft pick by multiple analysts, including ESPN's Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr., so it comes as no surprise that he's decided to turn pro.

SOURCE: CeeDee Lamb on Twitter

Dec 29, 2019, 5:44 PM ET

Oklahoma Star WR CeeDee Lamb Declares for NFL Draft

Users who are viewing this thread