What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 6* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Its that time again to  start thinking (as we watch the games) as to who the early pick-ups may be.

Looks like Dissly is out with an Achilles injury.  Not sure if anyone is desperate enough to try JACOB HOLLISTER , but the Seahawks have given decent TE action thus far this year.

Why ya got??

TZM

Mark Walton

Last week, I half-heartedly mentioned him in the RB lottery thread, but maybe now maybe closer to a full heart.

@TZMarkie, why not change the title to Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 7?

RB
Gus Edwards might be a solid cuff/lotto ticket in deep leagues

Dolphin's Drake, and @zamboni -- great call, Mark Walton deserves a good hard look too.

Doubt he's available but Lat Murray looked to have solid usage, may be a good trade target.

Brandon Bolden, depending on how the other backs' health holds up

WR

If anyone didn't grab Anderson or Crowder, looks like you should.

Auden Tate if not already nabbed. Alex Erickson on the Bengals also looked like he had a big day. Both are dependent on Green's health, Erickson's potentially more so.

Cedrick Wilson/Tavon Austin, but likely boom/bust going forward

Humphries might get ongoing targets going forward for the Titans.

Same thing for Coutee on the Texans. 

Metcalf, he was dropped -- will be streaky but can be a spot-start flex to cover byes.

Jakobi Myers for a long shot/WR-needy team? Likely hard to predict future production, though.

TE

RIcky Seals-Jones

Witten really contributed, as did HOU's Fells.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ryan Brothers in 2QB leagues.

(Fitzpatrick and Tannehill)
3rd bother Ryan?
Griffin as a pre-emptive pick-up? Winston overdue for a benching.

Could even be a 4th Ryan... Finley if the Bengals continue to lose.

2QB leagues of course.

3rd bother Ryan?
Griffin as a pre-emptive pick-up? Winston overdue for a benching.

Could even be a 4th Ryan... Finley if the Bengals continue to lose.

2QB leagues of course.
Winston isn't getting benched. They may not keep him next season, but Arians is going to give him all the rope he needs to thrive or hang himself. Far too much physical talent to bench for a scrub.

And Dalton is not the reason the Bengals are losing.

Streamers Paradise
I'm hoping to pair the Steelers, which I have, with the NYJ (on the wire) but that means facing the Pats to cover the Steelers bye. But after that it's Mia, Mia, NYG, Was, Cin, Cin & Mia before having a semi decision (Pitt at home v Bug) before Pit plays at NYJ.

No guarantees of course but, overall that looks like one of the most favorable streaming schedules I can imagine.

Duke Williams looks great in his youtube highlight videos.  He might have been an NFL star caliber player playing in the CFL.  He is 26 years old and looks polished.  And beastly.  He will be a force in the red zone.  He has 3 touchdowns done in very few snaps between the preseason and regular season.  He played 78% of snaps yesterday and he will probably continue to get that percentage of snaps.  And Josh Allen looks like he might be fantasy friendly to his wide receivers.

2017 Edmonton Eskimos Highlights

2018 Edmonton Eskimo Highlights

2019 Preseason Highlights

Week 5 Highlights

I'll probably try to pickup Buck Allen in deep dynasty just to see how it plays out.  He might be better than Gallman.   

Darrell Henderson really jumped off the screen to me. I will try to swap Mack for him.

If Chase Edwards happens to still be floating around, he's a legit stash and possible flex going forward. He will command more touches.

Duke Williams looks great in his youtube highlight videos.  He might have been an NFL star caliber player playing in the CFL.  He is 26 years old and looks polished.  And beastly.  He will be a force in the red zone.  He has 3 touchdowns done in very few snaps between the preseason and regular season.  He played 78% of snaps yesterday and he will probably continue to get that percentage of snaps.  And Josh Allen looks like he might be fantasy friendly to his wide receivers.

2017 Edmonton Eskimos Highlights

2018 Edmonton Eskimo Highlights

2019 Preseason Highlights

Week 5 Highlights
This guy looks like a TE. 

Intrigued.

Keep an eye on the TE Oliver in JAX. Looks like he has a chance in week 7 to play. Minshaw seems to like his TE. Swaim got injured this week, after O'Shaunessey got hurt last week. The kid has starter snaps if he's good to go(was drafted to be their receiving weapon at TE). As dire as TE has been all year, he would be a good speculative add and shouldn't cost you your waiver priority.

With Dissly out, I will be targeting Chris Herndon of the Jets. Hunter Henry might also be available in some leagues.

Might also want to keep an eye on Vernon Davis in case he comes back.

Actually, if you have been following it, I have just gotten into the habit every week.

Not sure, but I think I started after week 1 or 2, and have just kept rolling with it like this.

Good list.

TZM
IIRC, in past years there was confusion (and bickering, this being the internet) on whether "For week X" meant "based on the results of week X" or "for the upcoming week X"

IIRC, in past years there was confusion (and bickering, this being the internet) on whether "For week X" meant "based on the results of week X" or "for the upcoming week X"
Just to respond to this and @EthnicFury      I do recall last year (or the one prior, Hell I can't remember).... There was one "waiver wire pickups" thread similar, and I know it was an early week, like week 3-4, and it kept on bumping and being contributed to,  like half the damn season.  :lol:    

Then there were other threads, making it more confusing.  :wall:

Yet another reason I wrote it up this way.

Now if I could only get a couple of my under performing teams to start producing.

TZM

With Dissly out, I will be targeting Chris Herndon of the Jets. Hunter Henry might also be available in some leagues.

I'd be surprised if either of the first two were avialable. One of my leagues is pretty non-attentive all things considering, and they're both rostered.

But Yahoo numbers probably bear this out more than anecdotal evidence, so have at it. 

You have no idea how badly the team in my main league is performing. It's scary bad. 
I could tell you something you wouldn't believe.  10 teamer standard, start 3WR 2RB league. My roster is - Julio Jones, DJ Chark (week 2 pickup) JuJu, Alshon, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, Derrick Henry, Breida, L. Murray,  Lutz kicker,  Winston/Minshew.

Essentially 3 RB1s, Julio, Chark etc etc,  going to be 1-5 tonight, and out  of playoff contention.

But I DO have an incredible knack of picking the lowest scoring 2 each week of Aaron Jones, Carson and Henry.  Pretty funny actually.

I know PTTS  :ptts: etc.

TZM  :lol:

I'd be surprised if either of the first two were avialable. One of my leagues is pretty non-attentive all things considering, and they're both rostered.

But Yahoo numbers probably bear this out more than anecdotal evidence, so have at it. 
Herndon is owned in 63.3% of MFL leagues and 17.8% of ESPN leagues.

Henry is owned in 70.1% of MFL leagues and 54% of ESPN leagues.

Well, I just took a flyer on Duke Williams because of this thread.
I’m starting to get that feeling about Duke Williams. The combination of the “blue chip talent/character concerns” narrative and how his teammates and coaches have raved about him (and he comes off in interviews like he’s got his head on straight). I just ate a significant one week point loss to hold him in dyno rather than picking up a streamer

And a nice thing about Duke Williams is that this could be a situation where he starts putting up big numbers immediately and consistently.  He'll have the snaps.  He doesn't have much competition.  He has a gunslinger for a quarterback.  And he looks like he has the talent.  But if he is gets 2 catches for 19 yards on Sunday, he will be easy to cut from the plethora of fantasy teams I plan to roster him on. 

I mentioned the Buffalo D earlier but forgot to put why:

Week 7 - Oct 20 - Miami Sun 1:00 pm

Week 8 - Oct 27 - Philadelphia Sun 1:00 pm

Week 9 - Nov 3 - Washington Sun 1:00 pm

Week 10 - Nov 10 - @Cleveland Sun 1:00 pm

Week 11 - Nov 17 - @Miami Sun 1:00 pm

Week 12 - Nov 24 - Denver Sun 1:00 pm

Week 13 - Nov 28 - @Dallas Thu 4:30 pm

Bolded are home, italicized are road game. With the exception of Dallas (maybe?) you can finish out the fantasy regular season with Buffalo D. I picked up Buffalo 2 weeks ago as a stash and finally can use them next week.

And a nice thing about Duke Williams is that this could be a situation where he starts putting up big numbers immediately and consistently.  He'll have the snaps.  He doesn't have much competition.  He has a gunslinger for a quarterback.  And he looks like he has the talent.  But if he is gets 2 catches for 19 yards on Sunday, he will be easy to cut from the plethora of fantasy teams I plan to roster him on. 
Also, the laughably weak schedule that makes the bills D worth a pickup sure looks like it could give him a nice soft ramp up to NFL level play

A lot of similarities between Duke Williams and Preston Williams in skillset and situation.

Is this a joke?  Serious question; I can't tell.

Packers WR Allen Lazard caught 4-of-5 targets for 65 yards and one touchdown in the Week 6 win over the Lions Monday night.

Lazard did all of his damage in the fourth quarter after Geronimo Allison left with a concussion and chest injury. Allison's initial replacement in three-wide sets, Darrius Shepherd, was quickly benched after muffing a punt then dropping a pass at the goal line that ended up an interception. Lazard has tantalizing traits at 6'5/227 with 4.55 wheels and was leaned on heavily by Aaron Rodgers late in the comeback "win," though Lazard's touchdown never should have been due to a phantom illegal hands to the face penalty called on Lions DE Trey Flowers that should have led to a fourth-down punt. Still, Lazard showed big upside and has Rodgers' eye now. If Allison and Davante Adams (toe) remain out, Lazard could be in for big things Week 7 against the Raiders.

Oct 14, 2019, 11:42 PM ET

[scooter] said:
Herndon is owned in 63.3% of MFL leagues and 17.8% of ESPN leagues.

Henry is owned in 70.1% of MFL leagues and 54% of ESPN leagues.
How is there possibly such a discrepancy here?  That seems very odd.... is that correct?  Or do people just not make any moves in ESPN.

How is there possibly such a discrepancy here?  That seems very odd.... is that correct?  Or do people just not make any moves in ESPN.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the majority of MFL leagues are dynasty, and I doubt any of ESPN's leagues are, or very few.  (I don't even use ESPN anymore, it sucks) They may not even have dynasty capability.......not that I am looking to play there anyway.

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread