Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Don Hutson

NFL GamePass International

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking of getting NFL GamePass International.  Is it good?  Is the annual "Essential" plan for $27.99 good enough if I only want the 40 minute replays of the games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Europe and Gamepass is outstanding. If you just want replays though I don't even think you need the international version. That's just for live games. But honestly not familiar with their tiers. I just autorenew every season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

I live in Europe and Gamepass is outstanding. If you just want replays though I don't even think you need the international version. That's just for live games. But honestly not familiar with their tiers. I just autorenew every season

I was under the impression that you get the international version if you are outside of the US.  I am in Vietnam.  I don't need the games live because they are mostly in the middle of the night here.  Some people in the US get a VPN to get the international version so there must be an advantage to the international version.  The tier I'm looking at has RedZone and condensed 40 minute replays of every game.  It costs only $27.99 annually.  Seems like a good deal.

Edited by Don Hutson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got the full version at about $123/year. I like it bc it includes RZC, locally blacked out games (If I was in the U.S.), and playoff games. This is my 2nd year with it and it’s terrific.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I was under the impression that you get the international version if you are outside of the US.  I am in Vietnam.  I don't need the games live because they are mostly in the middle of the night here.  Some people in the US get a VPN to get the international version so there must be an advantage to the international version.  The tier I'm looking at has RedZone and condensed 40 minute replays of every game.  It costs only $27.99 annually.  Seems like a good deal.

That seems like a great deal if you don’t need the live games.

Being in the US and not in the Buffalo market, it’s infuriating to me that the only way I can watch the Bills live is to switch to DirecTv and get their NFL package and yet international customers can pay $100 for GamePass and watch all the games live.

Hopefully Directv continues nosediving and doesn’t renew with the NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Hopefully Directv continues nosediving and doesn’t renew with the NFL.

I'll honestly be shocked if Amazon doesn't buy out the rights to Sunday Ticket. They've been trying to find their way in forever now, they have the little test they've been doing with TNF, I think they're just going to outbid anyone who even tries to step to the table and probably make it an cheap addon w/ a Prime subscription or something. Amazon isn't interested in buying it to sell it for $350/year either, they just want it in their never-ending mission for world domination. I wouldn't be shocked if they buy it and just offer it as part of a Prime subscription. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

I was under the impression that you get the international version if you are outside of the US.  I am in Vietnam.  I don't need the games live because they are mostly in the middle of the night here.  Some people in the US get a VPN to get the international version so there must be an advantage to the international version.  The tier I'm looking at has RedZone and condensed 40 minute replays of every game.  It costs only $27.99 annually.  Seems like a good deal.

Ok, well if you are outside US you'll need international version for sure as they validate IP. Yeah do whatever one isn't live. I will say, if it's a game/team you like, watching the broadcast replay without commercials is superior to Game in 40'. You get no real feel for the game flow in the condensed. It's great to just watch a good game you missed but I'm a Pats fan and if it's a night game I missed that I watch in morning, I always watch broadcast. Sometimes it can take a little while for them to update to non-commercial version so I just skip ahead. But if you are just an FF/gambline junky who wants to watch action, the 40 is fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tombonneau said:

But if you are just an FF/gamblind junky who wants to watch action, the 40 is fine.

I'm going to try to watch all of the games every week.  16 games at 40 minutes each is 10.6 hours per week.  It is doable.  Watching the complete replays isn't feasible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Express VPN to sign up for it through some Middle East country for around $100 for the year for all the live games.

Works fine.  Only issue I’ve had is that App Store won’t let me download the app because my Apple ID is registered in the US...so I watch games through the website.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no "gamepass" from the NFL anymore, we have to subscribe to DAZN.com here in Canada. It has been like that for 3-4 years now. It is essentially the same thing however, redzone and the condensed games are well worth the 140$ a year that I pay(possibly a grandfathered price?). DAZN also has lots other European type of sports, I think it is well worth it. 

Edited by candian fantasy guy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is is possible to download games from GamePass or is it just streaming?  I'm going to have intermittent internet.  It would be cool if I could download them for future use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Is is possible to download games from GamePass or is it just streaming?  I'm going to have intermittent internet.  It would be cool if I could download them for future use.

You can download on iPad app. But as someone else said, you need an account with access to an international iTunes account. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tombonneau said:

You can download on iPad app. But as someone else said, you need an account with access to an international iTunes account. 

That might be worth it to get an iDevice all by itself. I'm often in the same boat has Don Hutson and don't have great access to the internet. It would be great to download the game at the hotel and be able to watch it on the plane for instance. 

I have a lot of experience with the international package and imo it streams much worse than either Youtube or Netflix. Amazon are usually downloads and watch later for me so it's tough for me to compare with that streaming service.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 8:20 PM, tombonneau said:

the broadcast replay without commercials is superior to Game in 40'.

How long is a broadcast replay without commercials?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 3:44 AM, tombonneau said:

I live in Europe and Gamepass is outstanding. If you just want replays though I don't even think you need the international version. That's just for live games. But honestly not familiar with their tiers. I just autorenew every season

Wait, the International version of Gamepass shows live games? How often/how many?
Was under the impression that the Gamepass available in the US allowed you to only watch games once they were complete (with some degree of lag). Does the International one broadcast live games unlike the US one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Wait, the International version of Gamepass shows live games? How often/how many?
Was under the impression that the Gamepass available in the US allowed you to only watch games once they were complete (with some degree of lag). Does the International one broadcast live games unlike the US one?

All the games are live on DAZN and then there are feeds for the previous games(normal or condensed)/NFL network episodes/etc...   It's not like entirely like the gamepass you are referring as there are less options when it comes to play back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

That might be worth it to get an iDevice all by itself. I'm often in the same boat has Don Hutson and don't have great access to the internet. It would be great to download the game at the hotel and be able to watch it on the plane for instance. 

I have a lot of experience with the international package and imo it streams much worse than either Youtube or Netflix. Amazon are usually downloads and watch later for me so it's tough for me to compare with that streaming service.

Really? I have had very few issues streaming it over the last couple of seasons. The US version is garbage imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Wait, the International version of Gamepass shows live games? How often/how many?
Was under the impression that the Gamepass available in the US allowed you to only watch games once they were complete (with some degree of lag). Does the International one broadcast live games unlike the US one?

All games live for your viewing pleasure including RZC.
 

You can watch live games with the US version too. Just not all of them bc of agreements, local blacked out games, etc... and no RZC or playoff games I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Wait, the International version of Gamepass shows live games? How often/how many?
Was under the impression that the Gamepass available in the US allowed you to only watch games once they were complete (with some degree of lag). Does the International one broadcast live games unlike the US one?

Yup. Everything live. You have option to also get the playoff and Super Bowl package, which I do. Forget how much it is, they just ding me every August. Like $200 something. Well worth it. You're correct that the US version is just finished games as they can't compete with their own DirecTV license. I guess that has to go away some day. Not sure how DTV is still a thing in 2019. Whey are people installing satellite dishes to get TV? Or do they even do the dishes any more? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

Yup. Everything live. You have option to also get the playoff and Super Bowl package, which I do. Forget how much it is, they just ding me every August. Like $200 something. Well worth it. You're correct that the US version is just finished games as they can't compete with their own DirecTV license. I guess that has to go away some day. Not sure how DTV is still a thing in 2019. Whey are people installing satellite dishes to get TV? Or do they even do the dishes any more? 

This is incorrect. You can steam live games with the US version. Even their web page states it. Screen cap from phone for Thursday night’s game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

This is incorrect. You can steam live games with the US version. Even their web page states it. Screen cap from phone for Thursday night’s game

But is that just TNF? Those streaming rights are all over the place with the NFL's own site and Amazon. Are they showing live Sunday games as well? That would be news to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

But is that just TNF? Those streaming rights are all over the place with the NFL's own site and Amazon. Are they showing live Sunday games as well? That would be news to me.

That’s available right now. The rest will be too (most not all)

ETA: Just go to their web page and read for yourself.

Edited by Osaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

That’s available right now. The rest will be too (most not all)

Huh. Had no clue. I always have to VPN when I'm in the US and want to use Gamepass. They really slid that in under the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tombonneau said:

Huh. Had no clue. I always have to VPN when I'm in the US and want to use Gamepass. They really slid that in under the radar.

International version is way better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

That’s available right now. The rest will be too (most not all)

ETA: Just go to their web page and read for yourself.

I am not sure this is right. I went to their page too -- it says nothing about live games, and explicitly states that "NFL Game Pass does not include live regular season, playoff, or Super Bowl game broadcasts."

This is why I asked about international version -- I'm in the US and subscribe to Game Pass as it at least gave me a way to watch Raider and other non-market games, but all after they played (and sometimes not until the next day). I'm slightly underwhelmed by the service as I access it through a Fire TV App, and I've never seen that app carry All-22 film, and condensed games take way longer than they should to post.

I've watched TNF through Prime, but imagine that Game Pass *might* have begun showing these games given, to @tombonneau's point, the rights are all over the place so may as well show those on Game Pass too. I will have to confirm this coming Thursday as I've never looked for TNF on Game Pass recently (I just watch it during Prime) -- wonder if they show in-market games lives now that Yahoo is doing it, but I've never noticed them do this before.

So right now my understanding is that US Game Pass does not show any live games. Will report back after Thursday to see if the Chiefs/Broncos game is live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 8:33 PM, Don Hutson said:

I'm going to try to watch all of the games every week.  16 games at 40 minutes each is 10.6 hours per week.  It is doable.  Watching the complete replays isn't feasible.

Sidetrack here, its infuriating to me how the networks turn 40 minutes of football into a 3 hour production. Name another sport where the tv people get to pause the game so viewers can watch advertisements. I bet you can't.

Gamepass is a great way to get around this nonsense. I get the $100 one so to watch the coaches film. I want to feel special, so what? Seriously though, its hard to tell what receivers are doing on the regular TV broadcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Name another sport where the tv people get to pause the game so viewers can watch advertisements. I bet you can't.

NHL absolutely institutes tv timeouts.

And while some other sports don't "officially" have tv timeouts, they have specifically altered the game to accommodate for the length of a commercial break:

  • NBA forces two timeouts per quarter. If no team calls a timeout in a given quarter, they take the first and charge it to the home team. These timeouts are specifically between 2:45 (local broadcasts) and 3:15 (nationally broadcasts) to accommodate at least 5 commercials.
  • MLB set the timing between the team switching out in an inning between two and three minutes to allow for commercials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

NHL absolutely institutes tv timeouts.

And while some other sports don't "officially" have tv timeouts, they have specifically altered the game to accommodate for the length of a commercial break:

  • NBA forces two timeouts per quarter. If no team calls a timeout in a given quarter, they take the first and charge it to the home team. These timeouts are specifically between 2:45 (local broadcasts) and 3:15 (nationally broadcasts) to accommodate at least 5 commercials.
  • MLB set the timing between the team switching out in an inning between two and three minutes to allow for commercials.

Thats good to know. Its still ridiculous. Soccer productions manage to fit comercials squarely during half time. Maybe part of the reason why its the most popular sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

That’s available right now. The rest will be too (most not all)

ETA: Just go to their web page and read for yourself.

Can you please show exactly where on their webpage they show that? Because all of the info I see anywhere says that you can only watch games after the fact if you use the US version of Game Pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Thats good to know. Its still ridiculous. Soccer productions manage to fit comercials squarely during half time. Maybe part of the reason why its the most popular sport.

I hate endless commercials and constant breaks as much as the next guy, but the reason soccer is the most popular sport has nothing to do with there being less commercials during the games.

Has more to do with the fact that soccer is played in an organized fashion in the most countries around the world, and it's an extremely accessible game -- just need a ball, enough players, and something to mark out a goal. Can't say the same about football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Can you please show exactly where on their webpage they show that? Because all of the info I see anywhere says that you can only watch games after the fact if you use the US version of Game Pass.

You’re actually correct. I couldn’t find it, but I do have the service with live games and swear it was on there at some point (maybe through the app). I think it was $99 for the season. Huh.

Edited by Osaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Really? I have had very few issues streaming it over the last couple of seasons. The US version is garbage imo.

I'm saying that the internet connection has to be very good to stream well. For instance I've had experiences where the NFL doesn't stream, or if the internet connection gets interrupted you have to complete close out and start again(trying to pickup where you left off if you are not watching live). When the internet is bad like that I sometimes get frustrated and stream Netflix instead and have much fewer issues even when the internet is not very good. Obviously some countries have worse internet than others so how much of an issue it is depends on the speed your connection on a specific day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, candian fantasy guy said:

There is no "gamepass" from the NFL anymore, we have to subscribe to DAZN.com here in Canada. It has been like that for 3-4 years now. It is essentially the same thing however, redzone and the condensed games are well worth the 140$ a year that I pay(possibly a grandfathered price?). DAZN also has lots other European type of sports, I think it is well worth it. 

It’s worth it for the darts. Football is just a bonus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

You’re actually correct. I couldn’t find it, but I do have the service with live games and swear it was on there at some point (maybe through the app). I think it was $99 for the season. Huh.

I’m jealous then. I would love to pay for Game Pass and get all the live games. So stupid that the NFL won’t let me because of their Directv contract or whatever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I would love to pay for Game Pass and get all the live games. 

Sounds like it's pretty easy to do with a VPN.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using gamepass here in Germany for years. They've recently made a smart TV app that was intermittent until about week3 this season, since then, not a single problem. I think it's a worthwhile investment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I’m jealous then. I would love to pay for Game Pass and get all the live games. So stupid that the NFL won’t let me because of their Directv contract or whatever.

I use the International version almost exclusively. I have the US version as well pretty much by accident. Absolutely amazing that folks in every other country get a better product than in the US

 

ETA: I’m kind of wondering if it was some deal I got that they offered before the season started. I’m gonna look at my receipt. I remember it being $99. No idea. Now I’m wondering if it’s somehow tied to the International version. In any case, the International version is worth every penny and the effort to get it. I think it cost me $123

Edited by Osaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I ended up going with the one-week free trial of the $99 Game>Pass.  It was great.  It was like the Summer of George.  I've been getting nearly all of my football viewing from the free reddit streams for the last few years.  The quality on GamePass is definitely better than buffstreamz.  But a shout out to Buffstreamz for giving the milk for free.  And GamePass is a lot easier to use.  It's nice not having to click off a bunch of popups.  And I need the 2 hour full game replay option.  I don't drink enough Mountain Dew Code Red to watch the 40 minute condensed game replays.  They've come down in price again for rest of season subscriptions.  Pro annual is $61.99 (you get the 2 hour game replays and the rest).  Essential Annual is $14.99 (you only get the 40 minute condensed game replays).  Free Annual is listed as free but when I click it, it goes to a generic video commercial of Scott Hansen.  I don't have the patience to watch a full video commercial to figure out the specifics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.