What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Car Remote Starter Guys - Remote Batteries Die After Two Days (1 Viewer)

joker

Footballguy
A remote starter was installed in my wife's car, and it works fine whenever a new battery is put into the remote key fob. However, after 2-3 days the battery will die, and the remote starter no longer works. Is there something wired/installed incorrectly so that the remote starter and key fob keep contact continuously and the battery ends up constantly strained until it dies? Or is there something else going on? We've gone through numerous batteries just in case the batteries were bad with the same result. Obviously we're taking it back to the installer, but I'd like to know what to tell them other than the battery is dead.

Obviously anything is possible, but it seems unlikely the remote and starter are constantly connecting. Gotta be a bad remote. 

I'll buy that, and it makes sense. I should have mentioned this in the original post, but we have two remotes and both of them are acting the same way. As soon as a new battery is installed they both start working right away, but after a couple of days the remotes no longer work and the batteries are dead. 

Users who are viewing this thread