Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Otis

Is "Booing" a thing in your town?

Is "Booing" a thing in your town?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, boots11234 said:

Yes kids do it here in mn. Also, WTF is ring and run?  You mean ding dong ditch?

Ding dong ditch had nothing to do with candy.  That #### was annoying 

8 hours ago, shuke said:

Are you guys serious? How many intentional poisonings are you hearing about in the news these days?  It doesn't happen.

I only meant that she was probably right to feel concerned. I don't know. Like I said, thought would have never even entered anyone's mind when I was a kid. Times have changed, and not always for the better. I'm glad it was the way it was when I was young, and feel bad for kids today when it comes to stuff like this. They are taught to fear the world around them. They are forced to lose a lot of that innocence kids used to have at a very early age. That's probably a little rambling, but I'm just not sure exactly how to put it in words.

Yeah. It's a thing but sort of dies out around 4th grade.   I have heard that leaving wine is now catching on with the millenials.  

6 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I only meant that she was probably right to feel concerned. I don't know. Like I said, thought would have never even entered anyone's mind when I was a kid. Times have changed, and not always for the better. I'm glad it was the way it was when I was young, and feel bad for kids today when it comes to stuff like this. They are taught to fear the world around them. They are forced to lose a lot of that innocence kids used to have at a very early age. That's probably a little rambling, but I'm just not sure exactly how to put it in words.

Can you cite even one death due to intentional poisoning of a child?

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, Mrs. Rannous said:

So you're saying that some random stranger leaves candy at your door, and YOU LET YOUR KIDS EAT THAT?  Are you nuts?

It's not random. It's usually a friend.  And get over yourself. 

Our neighborhood does it.  Our kids get a kick out of "booing" and getting "booed".  It's a hassle as our bags aren't just candy, but include Halloween themed stuff.  Sometimes for the kids.  Sometimes for the parents.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:14 AM, Otis said:

I never had this where I grew up, which is only like 20 minutes from where I currently live.  When we moved to this town, the kids in October did this thing called "Booing."  Basically your kids' friends (grammar school age) ring the doorbell, leave a bag of candy, and run off.  It's basically ring and run with candy.  In around 3rd grade it starts to get competitive--doorbell rings in the evening in our house and the girls all assume they've been Boo'd, and so they all come running and burst out the front door to try and catch the booer.  Last night was my first time at the helm, driving while Mrs. O passed out the bags to the kids, gave me directions, and we repeatedly deployed and picked up the two older O kids.  During the mad dash back into the car, I'm pretty sure a couple times I had the wheels rolling before 8 year old had the door shut.  You start developing next level strategies on where to deploy the kids and where to wait for pickup; which side of the street; how to shut down in-vehicle lighting to maintain anonymity.  Etc.

We weren't caught once.  We're undefeated.  :bowtie:

This a thing in your town?

Wow...I miss  Happy Hour stories and conquests when the title used to be "Boozing"  ;)

10 hours ago, culdeus said:

Can you cite even one death due to intentional poisoning of a child?

Either you are totally missing my point, or I'm not stating it well. Either way, not real interested going on about it.

21 hours ago, boots11234 said:

Yes kids do it here in mn. Also, WTF is ring and run?  You mean ding dong ditch?

Well yeah, yours is the stupid name for it, but I think we’re talking about the same thing. 

13 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

How have times changed with respect to being poisoned?  Seems like the only thing that has changed is a heightened unfounded fear.  

On 10/15/2019 at 7:07 AM, Dan Lambskin said:

It happened a few times when the kids were younger, more recent years we’ve been “boozed” where another adult leaves some beer and wine and maybe those little airplane liquor bottles

the whole thing is pretty dumb 

Being boozed sounds awesome 

6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Being boozed sounds awesome 

It was called icing, bro. 

On 10/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, Mrs. Rannous said:

I live in Houston.  The non-random murders happened right after I moved here.  But aside from that sort of stuff, if you are teaching your kids not to take candy from strangers, letting them eat random crap left on your porch just seems careless.  It's a bit like eating things you find on the floor.

We let them eat out, go trick or treating and get stuff at school out of our supervision.  As long as what they leave is store bought and in containers/wrappers I’m not going to worry about it.

13 hours ago, Otis said:

Well yeah, yours is the stupid name for it, but I think we’re talking about the same thing. 

Bruh, ring and run is the stupidest name. What noise does a doorbell make?  Ring ring?  Or ding dong?  I rest my case MR fancy pants NY lawyer. 😁

Edited by boots11234

Back before calls had the phone i.d. embedded our biggest prank was sending several large pizzas to the cranky old jerk down the street.  We would crouch down on the closest kids front porch and laugh at the animated exchange between the old crank and the clueless pizza dude.

• Like 1

If this ever becomes a thing on our street I'm going to turn it into Poo'd. Bags full of my dog's butt logs left on their porch.