What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Went to Taco Bell, attempted to sit in a booth (1 Viewer)

badmojo1006

Footballguy
But the bench was like 3 feet from the table. Had to move to a table with a chair

I understand why, trying to be delicate.

I just wanted to eat my soft tacos without falling off the bencH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eating in at fast food restaurants is depressing, especially during lunch.

The vast majority of the people are overweight and many are elderly people living on social security checks.

I can't do it anymore.  I just go through the drive thru and eat in my car while watching Netflix or Amazon.....which is probably equally as depressing.

The vast majority of the people are overweight and many are elderly people living on social security checks.

I can't do it anymore.  I just go through the drive thru and eat in my car while watching Netflix or Amazon.....which is probably equally as depressing.
Yes, parked car eating is usually a better option. I used to live near a river (minus living in a van), and would park near the river front and watch the ships float by.  Still way better than listening to awful canned music and the crowd you mentioned.

I ate at an empty (almost) Long John Silvers around 3:30 in the afternoon a couple of weeks ago.

It was pretty creepy - though since I had a LJS craving, I did enjoy my food.  

Just listened to a podcast and stared out the window.  

Agreed. As a kid I used to love to go to McDs or Burger King. I rarely eat fast food anymore but popped into an Arby’s on a road trip and holy hell its like stepping into an alternate universe. 

I ate at an empty (almost) Long John Silvers around 3:30 in the afternoon a couple of weeks ago.

It was pretty creepy - though since I had a LJS craving, I did enjoy my food.  

Just listened to a podcast and stared out the window.  
LJS and Captain D's are the worst.  The crowd is older than the McD's of the world.  No kids and 80s style decor....but I still go because hush puppies.  

LJS and Captain D's are the worst.  The crowd is older than the McD's of the world.  No kids and 80s style decor....but I still go because hush puppies.  
Ever go to an Arthur Treatchers when they were around?  Fantastic.  

(only a few left in the world ...and one of them is in where I lived for quite awhile ...Cuyahoga Falls, OH) - gotta go the next time I visit the in-laws)

I love Taco Bell, so I'm not trying to pile on them here.  But who was the advertising genius who thought the best way to sell tacos was with a British punk rock band?  :confused:

I love Taco Bell, so I'm not trying to pile on them here.  But who was the advertising genius who thought the best way to sell tacos was with a British punk rock band?  :confused:
I commented over in the Shark Pool that if we hadn't seen the death of punk rock or cheap tacos already that we were witness to both that night.

Oi! Tacos! Oi! Tacos!

I hope Long John Silvers starts an add campaign for their fish 'n' chips by bringing on a Luchador in a mask and cape with a thick Slow Poke Gonzalez type accent.  

nirad3 said:
Going to The Bell tomorrow.  Will try to sit in a booth and will report back for those that care.   :oldunsure:
Shoot, sorry folks.  Had some unplanned tacos last night so decided against TB today.  Next week!

am I the only one who doesn't get the whole "eating in my car" thing? I don't think I've ever ordered a meal anywhere and decided to eat it in my car...even though In-N-Out asks me if I want to do so every time.

is this an accepted practice?

I generally avoid Taco Bell, mostly because if I eat it, everything in my digestive system gets cleaned out 90 minutes later, and there's no guarantee I'll be near a bathroom. That and it just doesn't taste good.

am I the only one who doesn't get the whole "eating in my car" thing? I don't think I've ever ordered a meal anywhere and decided to eat it in my car...even though In-N-Out asks me if I want to do so every time.

Really? Tens of millions of meals have likely been eaten in cars in this country, at lunch in particular. It's very common, what don't you get?

Just got back from the Bell.  Don't have to poo yet, which is amazing.

Sat in a booth.  Had no issues.

They have a $1 chicken quesadilla which is amazeballs.  I got 2.  And a Fritos burrito.  And a potato soft taco.  

I'm sufficiently full for under $5.  

Will report back later.   :oldunsure:

I thought this was the only way to eat fast food.  I'm not going inside the place and if I wait until I get to my destination the food will be cold and taste even worse than it already is.  You can't microwave a taco.

Users who are viewing this thread