What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jalen Ramsey to the Rams! (1 Viewer)

Love it.  Literally screamed #### ya in my car when i got the update.   Love the aggressiveness 

Funny as hell when they still miss the playoffs
No kidding. Are they trying to convince themselves that they are Super Bowl contenders this year? They have some major issues on offense. Wouldn’t be surprised if they start playing ball control more and rely on their strength now (D).

No kidding. Are they trying to convince themselves that they are Super Bowl contenders this year? They have some major issues on offense. Wouldn’t be surprised if they start playing ball control more and rely on their strength now (D).
This

D is not their problem.  Their atrocious offense is

Hard to make the playoffs when you are the third best team in your division 

Next year when they have to pay Ramsey. Was actually light. Closer to 80 mil for those 3 right now.
@JuMosq: Five Rams will cost Los Angeles $109M in cap space in 2020 as it stands today. Ramsey's number will probably drop down with an extension but that's a lot of long-term money locked in. This Rams team is basically gonna be who are they, for better or for worse, for a while.

While there are obviously issues to work out on the O the D has been a big issue as well.  55 to TB at home ring a bell? Dudes have been running wide open all year.  

If he is healthy, Aaron Donald may win some people some idp leagues.  What's that old saying?  Show me a pro bowl corner and I'll show you a league leading Sacker?  Not that Donald needed any help but even when he is doubled and tripled, he is about a half second away from a sack about 4-5 times a game.  Ramsey will buy him a half second. 

Love it.  Literally screamed #### ya in my car when i got the update.   Love the aggressiveness 
I am not a Rams fan. dont dislike them either. I agree, this is a great move. They are a good team, whether people want to leave laughy faces or take pot shots at Goff's numbers. Most guys loling at this would have been ecstatic if their team traded for Ramsey. 

This is a really good move for the Rams. Since at least 50% of 1st round picks bust, and something like 75% of 4th round picks arent on their teams within 2 years of being drafted, theres a real solid chance none of those picks amount to anyone significant 

they're being aggressive because they have to be. they have a window, and they wont be able to keep it open for very long. they could play it safe and be stuck in purgatory. That's not a way to win. This gives them a better chance in 2019 and 2020 than it did without

Last edited by a moderator:
its going to keep them in games, that's for sure. How is Troy Hill taking over for Talib? Decent or nah?

I'm not sure what the plan is for their offensive line. But that goes for a lot of teams right now.

I am not a Rams fan. dont dislike them either. I agree, this is a great move. They are a good team, whether people want to leave laughy faces or take pot shots at Goff's numbers. Most guys loling at this would have been ecstatic if their team traded for Ramsey. 

This is a really good move for the Rams. Since at least 50% of 1st round picks bust, and something like 75% of 4th round picks arent on their teams within 2 years of being drafted, theres a real solid chance none of those picks amount to anyone significant 

they're being aggressive because they have to be. they have a window, and they wont be able to keep it open for very long. they could play it safe and be stuck in purgatory. That's not a way to win. This gives them a better chance in 2019 and 2020 than it did without
Also, when a team has a franchise QB, they can get a lot more flexible trading away 1's.  Goff had a horrible game last week. That can't be underscored enough but even the great ones do from time to time.  Goff is a good QB.  He's done good things.  He throws some great throws.  They have their franchise QB.  They have their impact defensive lineman.  They have wiggle room.  This was a good trade for both.

Draft picks arent guaranteed hits. I dont see why everyone is so hot and bothered over them dealing their 1st rounders. Cooks for a 1st was undoubtedly a great move. This likely pays off too
There are three ways to get better year to year. The draft, trades, and free agency. And the Rams aren't going to be able to use any of those vehicles. 

This flawed team is essentially as good as it's gonna get. 

The Browns would have been idiots if they made this same move.

My big problem with it is you’re trading a lot for a malcontent whiner that faked an injury to force a trade. Sure if you traded that for the best corner in the game, whose a great teammate I could see it. But here, they better enjoy the honeymoon and win soon.

My big problem with it is you’re trading a lot for a malcontent whiner that faked an injury to force a trade. Sure if you traded that for the best corner in the game, whose a great teammate I could see it. But here, they better enjoy the honeymoon and win soon.

I mean, you make this trade to "win soon" anyways. If they're losing it's already been a failure, him being in a bad mood about it isn't the largest problem you have, at that point. Plus, the money is Ramsey's biggest problem. They're gonna pay him.

No, that'd be substantially dumber. 

Figured. Seems like it would be a big panic move given all the issues your team is already working through. Somehow I don't think one veteran stud LT is gonna fix everything. (don't get me wrong, you're in much better shape than my team, just from the outside, don't see how Trent is the answer as good as he is).

I mean, you make this trade to "win soon" anyways. If they're losing it's already been a failure, him being in a bad mood about it isn't the largest problem you have, at that point. Plus, the money is Ramsey's biggest problem. They're gonna pay him.
I’m sure they made this to win now I just don’t see it.

Users who are viewing this thread