What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got an Offer Barkley for Chubb/Hilton! (1 Viewer)

togo

Footballguy
Love Barkley and looks like he’s coming back this week but Chubb is now like a Barkley 1B.

Ty good addition to my Wr’s.

This is a one “Franchise” player keeper league.

Whacha think??

Absolutely not. In a 1 keeper league you want the best keeper you can get. Barkley is the best keeper out there. Put it this way - if you make this trade you'll be happy with it for the next 2-3 months, however you'll be miserable about it for the following 5 years.

Absolutely not. In a 1 keeper league you want the best keeper you can get. Barkley is the best keeper out there. Put it this way - if you make this trade you'll be happy with it for the next 2-3 months, however you'll be miserable about it for the following 5 years.
I wouldn't go that far.  RB's don't have a long shelf life and there is no guarantee Barkley makes it that long.  Plus in a one keeper league there may be the new stud in a couple years taking Barkley's place at the top.

if this greatly improves your chance to win the title I would do it.  Chubb is not that much of a downgrade to Barkley in a keep one league.  They are both top 5 RB's.  I am also assuming there are no keeper penalties (loss of draft pick, salary cap, limit to how long you can keep) that would alter the values of Chubb or Barkley in relation to each other. 

I wouldn't go that far.  RB's don't have a long shelf life and there is no guarantee Barkley makes it that long.  Plus in a one keeper league there may be the new stud in a couple years taking Barkley's place at the top.

if this greatly improves your chance to win the title I would do it.  Chubb is not that much of a downgrade to Barkley in a keep one league.  They are both top 5 RB's.  I am also assuming there are no keeper penalties (loss of draft pick, salary cap, limit to how long you can keep) that would alter the values of Chubb or Barkley in relation to each other. 
Agree to disagree here. The next 5 years is Barkley's age 23-27 seasons and he's a generational talent. The next 5 years is his prime. He holds much more value than Chubb, especially in PPR leagues and is 1 yr younger than Chubb. I can agree Chubb will hang around RB5 the next few years but stand by what I said originally. You're giving up on the #1 dynasty/keeper asset for a 2-3 month window.

Agree to disagree here. The next 5 years is Barkley's age 23-27 seasons and he's a generational talent. The next 5 years is his prime. He holds much more value than Chubb, especially in PPR leagues and is 1 yr younger than Chubb. I can agree Chubb will hang around RB5 the next few years but stand by what I said originally. You're giving up on the #1 dynasty/keeper asset for a 2-3 month window.
In a one keeper league I generally look year to year because so much changes and one player doesn't really change your team that much.   Even in dynasty I don't project over 2-3 yrs at most.   Too many things change too quickly to put any faith in something 5 years down the road.  If I can make a trade that greatly helps me win the title this year with only a modest downgrade for next year then I do that easily.  As you said...agree to disagree. 

Users who are viewing this thread