What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What animal is this? (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
Was just in our backyard (lamenting our missing tree) when I see this animal slink out of the bushes and head toward the pool.  I quickly pulled out my phone and got a picture but not before it started to scurry back into the bushes. 

It looked like an otter to me, very flat face and body.  But that doesn't seem right in a suburban city area.  No idea what else it could be.  Is it coming for my trees?

What is this?

Was just in our backyard (lamenting our missing tree) when I see this animal slink out of the bushes and head toward the pool.  I quickly pulled out my phone and got a picture but not before it started to scurry back into the bushes. 

It looked like an otter to me, very flat face and body.  But that doesn't seem right in a suburban city area.  No idea what else it could be.  Is it coming for my trees?

What is this?
THAT is what cut down your tree my friend. 

Seriously...it looks like a cat to me.
100% was not a cat. 

Without knowing much about the possible animals listed here, it looked just like an otter to me. I've seen otters at zoos and aquariums before.  That's the general appearance of it but I'm also pretty sure otters don't just hang around people's backyards.

Its body shape looks a little too thick and elongate to be a fisher and it's definitely not a marten. Where are you? Anywhere near water? It could be a river otter.

A few months ago one of these ran across the street in front of me early in the morning as I was heading to work, and I had to ask my friend at Dept. of Fish and Wildlife what it could have been. He said people import them illegally and keep them as pets.

Users who are viewing this thread