What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When you lose weight, how is it lost? (1 Viewer)

When you lose weight how is it lost

• Poop

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Energy

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Breathe

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Water

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Respiration.  

Which is why all the fatties are helping with climate change.  It's carbon capture at it's most vile.  

I don't know what these other guys are talking about.

I lose mine through blood, sweat, and tears.

Still not sure if Cav was drunk posting or not but my answer:

Pooping and Breathing are subsets of Energy;  Water is required for life so could be seen as "neutral";  No clue what "vegan" means in this context

Answer is Energy.

I thought I read somewhere that we lose it through breathing. That was an option so I picked it.

I went from 215 to 195...and have maintained that for about 18 months

1) drastically reduced sugar intake (mostly removed sugar drinks and juice)

2) drastically reduced alcohol (1 drink a week)

3) exercise a few more hours per week via basketball 

i was diagnosed prediabetic a few years ago and it scared the #### out of me.

other positive impacts

1) removed dark circles under eyes

2) more energy, career booster 

3) lower back pain mostly gone 

4) increased poker winrate

5)  better memory 

6) all of the above make me happier

wish I would have changed 10 years earlier 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - I thought this was a new video.  Watched this one a while back.  Appreciate the link 
Yeah, I'm sure many have seen that video, or something like it. It isn't intuitive at all, and my degree is in biochemistry.

And I suspect those answering "energy" might be thinking about Einstein's famous equation.

I guess my question is - does it matter?  Is there an action we could take based on this information that would help us lose weight and/or make us more healthy?

Started losing weight last June, but really picked up the pace in February, same time I started working as an electrician. I started at 202, weighed 158 this afternoon.

I guess my question is - does it matter?  Is there an action we could take based on this information that would help us lose weight and/or make us more healthy?
Yes.  Eat less and move more.  Weight loss is a simple equation.  If you burn more calories than you take in you lose weight.

It's definitely not poop.  If there was pooping at the Olympics, I would be a gold medalist, and I'm definitely not losing weight from it.  

I personally lost 20 pounds and still going.  I worked at a job for 20 plus years where I could go in at 9.  Usually in bed at 9pm, watch TV until I fell asleep, 12 am or 1am.  

New job.  Up around 5:45 and asleep by 10pm, sometimes earlier, 11 at the latest.  

Probably eat worse, can't go on all night benders anymore but will drink to 10pm once or twice during work week.  

Did see the tedtalk.  Its lost it think 86% through exhaling CO2 and 14% by water.  

Become a Breatharian

Breatharianism is a concept in which man lives only by breathing air. The air is enough to sustain the body properly. Thus, air is the only food that a ‘breath-arian’ needs.
This term was popularized by Hilton Hotema in the 1950's or 60's and later by Wiley Brooks to emphasize the substance that builds and sustains man's body.

Every man who needs to breath to live is a breatharian. Air is food for humans.
Humans are breatharians. Whether they eat or not, has nothing to do with being a breatharian. Even if you eat tons of food every day, you are still a breatharian. If you do not believe me, stop breathing for 20 minutes and tell me the result.

Inediates and non-eaters are also breatharians because they still need to breath.
Hilton Hotema insisted that man is a breatharian by nature – that is to say, man’s body is sustained only by air. Therefore man does not need so-called food which is considered poisonous and a drug.

Presently the term breatharian is often misused and misunderstood because people wrongly say 'breatharian' when they really mean 'inediate' or possibly 'non-eater'.

How does that have anything to do with peeing, breathing and pooping?
The guy said multiple times that eating less and moving more is what loses weight.  His explanation of the fat being broken down to CO2 and water was explaining where it went to.  The bottom line is burning more calories than you take in is the only way to lose weight - which he said many times in the talk.

The guy said multiple times that eating less and moving more is what loses weight.  His explanation of the fat being broken down to CO2 and water was explaining where it went to.  The bottom line is burning more calories than you take in is the only way to lose weight - which he said many times in the talk.
Gotcha - I haven’t rewatched it.  I probably watched that 2 years ago.  

The fat is being broken down to release it's stored energy and is used to run your bodily functions. Burning energy releases heat.

Exercise burns energy and releases heat through your muscles.

Not providing your body with enough energy to sustain it's daily needs, burns stored energy. 

Thus, calories needed to maintain bodily functions - calories in (eating/drinking) + extra calories burned (exercise) = calories burned from your body.

Gally said:
Yes.  Eat less and move more.  Weight loss is a simple equation.  If you burn more calories than you take in you lose weight.
It took me many years to really grasp this completely and now I can have a poor diet and eat random crap and still maintain my weight because of it

Users who are viewing this thread