Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ron Swanson

Williamsburg, VA - Dinner?

Any recommendations for a good meal in Williamsburg, VA?  Let's assume I'm not interested in the kitsch of eating quasi Southern fare in a restored 1776 tavern served by period actors. Just good food. Possibly a nice sports bar to watch the game tonight.

Last Resort - There's a ####ty BWW and Hooters like 10 minutes from Historic Williamsburg, I dont know of actual good local places....

38 minutes ago, belljr said:

Last Resort - There's a ####ty BWW and Hooters like 10 minutes from Historic Williamsburg, I dont know of actual good local places....

A few years ago, I was at the  Williamsburg Hooters at like 10pm on a Saturday and I think they were getting ready to close because we were the only people there.   :lol:

We only ended up there because we couldn't find anything else open.

GL

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

Quite the punny menu.

Interesting place.  They also have a box of Trivial Pursuit style cards on every table to encourage "discussion" among those sitting there while you wait for your food.

2 minutes ago, apalmer said:

Interesting place.  They also have a box of Trivial Pursuit style cards on every table to encourage "discussion" among those sitting there while you wait for your food.

*shudder* Thanks, though.

go right on and get you a holly at pauls deli watch a game and have a loaded fries take that to the bank brochacho 

Man, i love Pierce's BBQ.  I'd go there and take it back to the hotel room and watch the game.  Just sit on your bed with 2 large BBQ sandwiches and a sweet tea and immerse yourself in loserness.  I've done it many a time and it's great.

Sal's by Victor doesn't have a bar, but they do have a couple of TVs and very good italian.

If ever in doubt there is a bonefish grill.  Bar there is easy to chill at and swig down a brew with some adequate food. 

1 hour ago, SWC said:

go right on and get you a holly at pauls deli watch a game and have a loaded fries take that to the bank brochacho 

Interesting, but what's a holly?

2 minutes ago, Brunell4MVP said:

Man, i love Pierce's BBQ.  I'd go there and take it back to the hotel room and watch the game.  Just sit on your bed with 2 large BBQ sandwiches and a sweet tea and immerse yourself in loserness.  I've done it many a time and it's great.

Substitute this with the 7-11's finest sixer of craft brew and you've nailed my plans for tomorrow night.

7 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Any recommendations for a good meal in Williamsburg, VA?  Let's assume I'm not interested in the kitsch of eating quasi Southern fare in a restored 1776 tavern served by period actors. Just good food. Possibly a nice sports bar to watch the game tonight.

Patriotic cosplay

2 hours ago, SWC said:

The ol' SWCer with the win. Sitting at Paul's now. Cool joint. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

I got engaged there 13 years ago, then went next door to the Green Leafe and drank until I forgot I proposed. Much to my chagrin, that doesn't negate the proposal, though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, SWC said:

:lol:

Used to hang out there and next door at the Green Leafe way back in the day.

13 minutes ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

I got engaged there 13 years ago, then went next door to the Green Leafe and drank until I forgot I proposed. Much to my chagrin, that doesn't negate the proposal, though. 

I am too old to admit this - but Paul's Deli was the place to go if you were under 21 and wanted to drink.  Green Leafe was a slightly older crowd - more graduate students.  Many years after this I was back at W&M and did have beers with Bruce Hornsby at The Green Leafe which was pretty cool.

37 minutes ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

Hey, hey ...look who it is. Tell us a story, EG72.

when you are there you have to put my old school by steely d on the jukebox if they still have one take that to the bank brohans

also this is the first time anyone ever took the swcers advice so i am feelin pretty good right now hell yeah its a good weekend already take that to the thanks bank swanshan 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWC said:

when you are there you have to put my old school by steely d on the jukebox if they still have one take that to the bank brohans

You just broke Brandy's heart.

• Sad 1

On 10/17/2019 at 5:50 PM, Ron Swanson said:

The Fat Canary is my dad's favorite restaurant there. For future reference