What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talk me off the ledge, please (1 Viewer)

Clan Battlerage

Footballguy
Hi all,

Longtime FBG subscriber on the horns of a dilemma.  I know the answer, but I want validation to make sure I'm not letting loss-aversion get the better of me.

My dynasty team includes:

QB: Mahomes (drafted), Newton, Bridgewater, Allen

RB: Barkley (drafted), D.Johnson (drafted), Bernard, Mostert, I.Smith

(others not relevant in this discussion)

So with Cam being injured a lot, I picked up Allen, but was also interested in getting Brees from a fellow owner.  Figured if I could lock down NO's offense, I wouldn't have to worry about backing up Mahomes in the case of catastrophe...such as this week.

The Brees owner offered me:

Brees, Carson, Penny -- for -- Barkley, Newton, Auden Tate

I know this is a lopsided offer, since Brees will be out in 2-3 years and who the hell knows what Seattle's coaching will do, RB-wise, while Barkley is enshrined in Canton already and won't budge from Gotham's lineup for the next decade (barring catastrophe).  As a side note, the Brees owner also has Zeke as his other main RB.

So please tell me that I'm making the right decision to bail on this offer and that I'm not just hung up on keeping my "children" (my drafted guys) longer than I should.

Dave

Keep what you have. Dynasty? Barkley? No brainer.

Allen is a nice fill while Mahomes is out,which according to today's news may only be 3 weeks.

see my post please

Users who are viewing this thread