What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need some big-name WR trade help - Will help in return (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. In 2nd place at 4-2 with most points scored on the season. Sort of resigning to take the L this week with Mahomes injury. Trying to exercise some patience due to my record and just my team overall.

Here is my roster:

QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph; WR - Julio Jones, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Will Fuller, Jamison Crowder; RB - James Conner, Leonard Fournette, Damien Williams, Latavius Murray (have him on hand in case Kamara doesn't play); TE - Kelce, Henry; K - Tucker; DEF - Dropped MIN to pick up Rudolph

This morning, a team offered me the following:

Drew Brees, Matt Breida, and Odell Beckham, Jr. for Davante Adams, and Julio Jones. Seems like a lopsided offer not in my favor so I don't think I want to accept it, but was interested in countering knowing they need WR help.

Their roster is: QB - Brees, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones; WR  - Odell Beckham, Jr., Mike Williams, Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Marquise Brown, Golden Tate; RB - Alvin Kamara, LeVeon Bell, Matt Breida, Joe Mixon; TE - Evan Engram; DEF - San Francisco, Chicago, K - Zane Gonzalez

A talented team but very underachieving and/or injured team. Considered offering Adams, Allen Robinson, and Mason Rudolph for Brees, Beckham, Jr., and Breida. Didn't know if that seemed fair. Want to sell on Robinson coming off a big game in London and I don't think he keeps up his pace. I don't know if Adams returns or when. Breaks my heart because I'm a Packers fan but this is fantasy football. Should I counter or just leave this one alone?

Will help in return. Thanks!

Thanks for answering mine.

I wouldn't counter the offer. I'd stand pat with what you have.

Given the information you gave you have the best team in the league.

I wouldn't bolster another team in the hope of helping the one you have.

You're the top scoring team,Cousins/Darnold and Rudolph will see you through the Mahomes injury just fine.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - stand pat.  Beckham is on bye this week too.   Honestly up until this point he's not a significant upgrade over fuller, just more consistent.  and Cousins/Darnold have coming up: Washington and Chiefs (cousins) and Jax, Dolphins, Giants, Skins (Darnold).   You have some nice options the next 4 weeks at QB

Thanks for answering mine.

I wouldn't counter the offer. I'd stand pat with what you have.

Given the information you gave you have the best team in the league.

I wouldn't bolster another team in the hope of helping the one you have.

You're the top scoring team,Cousins/Darnold and Rudolph will see you through the Mahomes injury just fine.

Good luck

I agree - stand pat.  Beckham is on bye this week too.   Honestly up until this point he's not a significant upgrade over fuller, just more consistent.  and Cousins/Darnold have coming up: Washington and Chiefs (cousins) and Jax, Dolphins, Giants, Skins (Darnold).   You have some nice options the next 4 weeks at QB
I countered with Latavius Murray (he has Kamara who is OUT this week), Mason Rudolph (since both his QBs still have byes yet), Davante Adams, and Allen Robinson for Drew Brees, Odell Beckham, Jr., and Breida. Figure I don't lose much moving Robinson since I got Brandin Cooks in a trade for Hunter Henry, and I see Beckham/Adams as pretty similar. Brees will be back in one to two weeks and then I have ammo to move a QB or two for positional help before the playoffs. Breida gives me a solid RB as insurance. I haven't received a reply yet so I could go either way with this offer.

Users who are viewing this thread