What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dem Ticket Combos (1 Viewer)

skol asylum

Footballguy
Who do you see as realistic tickets at this point? For the three front-runners I'm thinking:

Biden/Klobuchar

Warren/Booker

Sanders/Warren

I'm a Mayor Pete fan but not sure I see him securing a spot.

I don't think any of those are realistic in terms of broadening out appeal, esp. Warren/Sanders. Two 70-something progressives from New England won't get you there.
I thought about Warren/Booker, who I've read are colose. But a problem with geographic diversity there probably.

Warren/Buttigieg seems possible.

Biden/Harris still seems viable even though she doesn't have much support these days to contribute. She'd add more energy to the ticket than Klobuchar (who I still prefer to all of these candidates)

I wonder if they'd have the guts to go Warren/Klobuchar. Balances geography, political leanings and personalitites.
Anyone have ideas for non-candidates for VP consideration? 

I think a woman on the ticket is a given.

I don't think Warren picks Bernie but I think Bernie would pick her. She would be more political about the choice while he would want someone with similar values.

I think Biden would also pick someone more centrist. Pete would be a great pick but I think he would be pressured to pick a woman. Warren seems like a choice to unite the party but they may be too ideologically different. Klobuchar doesn't quite have the presence to be the top of the ticket but would be an excellent VP who could work as a bridge to both aisles in Congress to pass legislation.

Pete/Amy would be my ideal choice.

I don't think Harris has a future here, but could be AG I guess.

Booker would also be a good VP.

I predict if its Biden, he chooses Abrams.
She has certainly stayed under the radar despite both Senate races being available.  

Personally - I think that would be a disaster of a ticket.

Top of the ticket does not inspire anything.

Bottom of the ticket is inspiring - but it does not inspire confidence.  Biden has lost his fastball (assuming he ever had it) - you want someone who you feel comfortable with stepping in for Biden when it matters.  Abrams, by not getting the scrutiny of a national campaign until she would be on the ticket, does not inspire confidence that she is ready to step in at a moment's notice.

Who do you see as realistic tickets at this point? For the three front-runners I'm thinking:

Biden/Klobuchar - maybe

Warren/Booker - Warren is probably the favorite unless Hillary returns, but Booker is a death nail

Sanders/Warren - More like Warren / Sanders

I'm a Mayor Pete fan but not sure I see him securing a spot. - He should be playing pong

More like Clinton / Biden, but I doubt Biden wants to be VP again.  More like Clinton / Klobuchar

Warren supposedly strongly considering Andrew Gillum. That would certainly put Florida in play, I think.
Absolutely....it's already in play it seems, but this is the first Presidential election I've been part of in this state.  I've always lived in "decided" states before, so maybe what I am seeing is normal for a purple state, but things are sure different here than they were in SC and NC.

I know he's older and white, but Nashville absolutely adored Karl Dean as its mayor. Problem is, he got trounced in the governor's race so there's no chance of really "delivering" Tennessee outside of possibly generating a ton of turnout in Nashville.

From what I know of him and from my time here, he seemed like he would have been a great governor.

Edit: I just reviewed his resume again and damn he did so much here. If you want to talk about an Executive Democrat helping their economy, Mayor Dean was awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know he's older and white, but Nashville absolutely adored Karl Dean as its mayor. Problem is, he got trounced in the governor's race so there's no chance of really "delivering" Tennessee outside of possibly generating a ton of turnout in Nashville.

From what I know of him and from my time here, he seemed like he would have been a great governor.

Edit: I just reviewed his resume again and damn he did so much here. If you want to talk about an Executive Democrat helping their economy, Mayor Dean was awesome.
Meh...Bredesen was more popular than Dean.  Dean has no shot.

Regardless, former mayors of Nashville and/or governors of TN aren't really gonna get the job done in 2020.

Would like to do some real research on this topic.

Biff84 said:
In general she is but don’t forget she does have some strengths. She excels in committee hearings where she can show off her prosecutor skills. An impeachment trial could thrust her back into the VP talks.
I think she's the top of the ticket or not at all. She's inserting herself into the national discussion and playing a long game. She can wait for a better opportunity than this particular moment in history.

Personally, I think she'd be a fantastic replacement over Chuck Schumer as Senate Party Leader. Chuck hasn't been pulling his weight in the top spot for his party in the Senate.

I dont get the Booker love. I thought he was the worst person on the stage this week.

I hear a lot of he speaks from the heart and he was genuine. But it was repeated lines of Trump is the enemy, dems need to be civil to each other, and love/respect will fix us. 

I saw nothing worth backing in him. Imo. 

I dont get the Booker love. I thought he was the worst person on the stage this week.

I hear a lot of he speaks from the heart and he was genuine. But it was repeated lines of Trump is the enemy, dems need to be civil to each other, and love/respect will fix us. 

Def has the “please pick me as the VP” vibe to it.

He reminds me so much of Hillary Clinton, ambitionwise. I was once very excited about him. After his run against the Newark machine 20 yrs ago, he was the first guy i actually thought might be the first black President. But you could just see the stars in his eyes, the all-consuming hunger for attention & power, kick in as soon as he reached the spotlight. He offered little but that ambition, every public exposure tailored for maximum yield, for the decade afterward and quickly became an afterthought. As impressed as i am that he's conquered the shores of Dawsonia, all i see is the avarice and cant support him for anything now.

Users who are viewing this thread