What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are we ignoring a cry for help? (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
Its easy to poke fun of President Trump - he invites it daily - but on a more serious note, is he crying out for help - essentially acknowledging he is in over his head, and we are too busy bashing him to notice?

In the last month alone:

1.  Trump releases Call readout with Zelensky.  Trump thinks this will exonerate him, yet it clearly shows he raised investigations of the Bidens with Zelensky.  Forget all of the other attendant evidence about Trump's efforts in Ukraine - this alone is sufficient to show an abuse of office - but Trump releases it willingly, and expects everyone to see it was a "perfect" call.  This is not normal.

2.  Trump sends childish letter to Erdogan.  Again, when this is released, Trump confirms and seems proud of the letter.  The letter is universally panned as inappropriate communications between leaders of countries.  (makes me wonder what the Kim Jong-un letters must read like).  This is not normal.

3.  Trump make over-night decision to withdraw US troops from northern Syria (after phone call with Erdogan).  Say what you want about the need to bring US troops home (and home <> Saudi Arabia) - there is an appropriate way to do that - in consultation with Pentagon and allies - to ensure the stability of the region, the safety of troops and civilians, and also the safeguard of US assets, so that we are not left to bomb our own installations to destroy anything we had to leave behind.  This is not normal.

4.  Trump abandoned a US ally on the battlefield.  This is the best case scenario - ignoring reports that the US might have provided intel to Turkey prior to the incursion.  It bears repeating: Abandoned an ally on the battlefield.  This is not normal.

5.  Trump sent Pence to negotiate a cease fire between Turkey and the Kurds.  By every account - Trump/Pence/US gave Turkey everything they wanted.  It was not so much of a deal, as it was a total capitulation - to Turkey.  This is not normal.

6.  Trump sent his Chief of Staff to a Press Conference where the CoS acknowledged that Trump withheld congressionally authorized aid to Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine investigating a debunked conspiracy theory from 2016.  This is not normal.

7.  Same Chief of Staff brazenly acknowledged that Trump had awarded Trump the right to host the G7 conference in a no-bid contract.  Again - as blatant a violation of his fiduciary duties to the country as you will find - and he does it in the open, with not a care in the world.  This is not normal.

I am sure I am missing a thing or two - but look at that list - just in the last month alone.  Something is very wrong here.

All of these actions/inactions border on insane - where it would be a huge red flag if another president committed just one of these actions.  It almost feels like Trump is getting more brazen in his disdain for his oath of office, that the only logical explanation is that he is trying his best to get someone, anyone, to stop him, and bring back normalcy.

I would feel bad for him if he wasn’t such a jerk and if he didn’t have so much power to affect my life. 

But once he’s out of office I hope he gets all the help he needs. 

:shrug:

He seems to be spiraling out of control - even by his own standards.  I realize he has run off anyone with a sense to curb his instincts - but it just keeps getting worse. 

These are not policy differences types of moves by Trump - these are serious unforced errors that are damaging the country.

I would feel bad for him if he wasn’t such a jerk and if he didn’t have so much power to affect my life. 

But once he’s out of office I hope he gets all the help he needs. 
I don't feel bad for him - I just think the GOP in particular should be taking a hard look at this.  Ultimately, this is on the GOP to police - if they think he is good to go, then he continues.  But, if they have an honest look at the situation, they should be concerned with where this is headed.

The G7 to Doral is so blatantly over-the-top, that it just feels like Trump is on tilt and does not care anymore.

The G7 to Doral is so blatantly over-the-top, that it just feels like Trump is on tilt and does not care anymore.
 Why should he. He’s going to be impeached before November is over, and by the end of December he will be found not guilty by the Senate. 

Which means he will have a whole year- possibly 5- to do whatever he wants in the White House without fear of any repercussions at all. 

Why should he. He’s going to be impeached before November is over, and by the end of December he will be found not guilty by the Senate. 

Which means he will have a whole year- possibly 5- to do whatever he wants in the White House without fear of any repercussions at all. 
That last paragraph is particularly disturbing. If a president openly defies the law, we may as well have a monarchy again.

It’s all for the sake of being what he deems a success which to him is being in the press and being seen as powerful. So no he’s getting what he wants. 

He has no self awareness, empathy, or many of the other normal human traits that would stop someone from acting the way he does on the smallest of stages much less as president.

It really is amazing the confluence of events that brought him to this point — Best proof towards the Elon Musk idea that we are likely living in a computer simulation. 

Of course he’s in entirely over his head. Why people think we should get some “outsider” to run the government is beyond me, especially one so completely ill equipped.

Its easy to poke fun of President Trump - he invites it daily - but on a more serious note, is he crying out for help - essentially acknowledging he is in over his head, and we are too busy bashing him to notice?

In the last month alone:

1.  Trump releases Call readout with Zelensky.  Trump thinks this will exonerate him, yet it clearly shows he raised investigations of the Bidens with Zelensky.  Forget all of the other attendant evidence about Trump's efforts in Ukraine - this alone is sufficient to show an abuse of office - but Trump releases it willingly, and expects everyone to see it was a "perfect" call.  This is not normal.

2.  Trump sends childish letter to Erdogan.  Again, when this is released, Trump confirms and seems proud of the letter.  The letter is universally panned as inappropriate communications between leaders of countries.  (makes me wonder what the Kim Jong-un letters must read like).  This is not normal.

3.  Trump make over-night decision to withdraw US troops from northern Syria (after phone call with Erdogan).  Say what you want about the need to bring US troops home (and home <> Saudi Arabia) - there is an appropriate way to do that - in consultation with Pentagon and allies - to ensure the stability of the region, the safety of troops and civilians, and also the safeguard of US assets, so that we are not left to bomb our own installations to destroy anything we had to leave behind.  This is not normal.

4.  Trump abandoned a US ally on the battlefield.  This is the best case scenario - ignoring reports that the US might have provided intel to Turkey prior to the incursion.  It bears repeating: Abandoned an ally on the battlefield.  This is not normal.

5.  Trump sent Pence to negotiate a cease fire between Turkey and the Kurds.  By every account - Trump/Pence/US gave Turkey everything they wanted.  It was not so much of a deal, as it was a total capitulation - to Turkey.  This is not normal.

6.  Trump sent his Chief of Staff to a Press Conference where the CoS acknowledged that Trump withheld congressionally authorized aid to Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine investigating a debunked conspiracy theory from 2016.  This is not normal.

7.  Same Chief of Staff brazenly acknowledged that Trump had awarded Trump the right to host the G7 conference in a no-bid contract.  Again - as blatant a violation of his fiduciary duties to the country as you will find - and he does it in the open, with not a care in the world.  This is not normal.

I am sure I am missing a thing or two - but look at that list - just in the last month alone.  Something is very wrong here.

All of these actions/inactions border on insane - where it would be a huge red flag if another president committed just one of these actions.  It almost feels like Trump is getting more brazen in his disdain for his oath of office, that the only logical explanation is that he is trying his best to get someone, anyone, to stop him, and bring back normalcy.
I’ll add:

Posted a picture of him looking like a wimp with Pelosi thinking it  made him tough.

Retweeted a “Pro Shark” spoof twitter account because it said something nice about him totally oblivious that it talked about a “Pro Shark Media” :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on Trumps comments this morning admitting to threatening to withhold 250 million due to “corruption” is it possible he actually wants to get impeached at this point?  He’s acting like an addict who wants to get caught, almost like a cry for help.  

He really did have an idealistic lifestyle prior to being elected (which I truly believe he never thought would happen and didn’t really want) and now the weight and pressure of the office have to be getting to him.  His ego won’t allow him to not run again in 2020 and he loves playing the victim role. So he’s self sabotaging to give himself an out (protecting his ego for the election loss).  
I posted this a few weeks back.  Feel it’s relevant to your question @Sinn Fein 

All of his actions the past few weeks to me reek of Self Sabotaging Behavior.  

He seems to be doing such things because he knows he can...and Mitch and the GoO will kill any attempts to hold him accountable.  And his supporters will defend it all.

Hell the GOO is looking to censure Schiff

Um, why would he not just resign stating health reasons?  Your theory really doesn’t make much sense when he has a few other options at his disposal. Unless you are suggesting he’s doing it subconsciously.

Don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a narcissist and corrupt individual. He only cares about himself and his ego. He's a grade A (censored word so as not to be too over the top non-excellent). This country can't take another 4 years of this. Hopefully the damage can be mitigated over the next few months to a year and he's a terrible footnote and warning in our history.

He truly has affluenza...but I don’t view that as a defense, just a description for why/how he acts

In the last month alone:

I think the thing you are missing is the Senate.  Mitch McConnell is derelict in his duty to check the president, and so are 50 other senators.

His foreign policy has been excellent.  
In what way do you think his foreign policy has been "excellent"?

How are you measuring that?

I am trying to think of one area where Trump has gotten it close to right.  He is failing to promote democracy/freedom abroad.  He is rewarding countries that in fact oppose democracy and freedom.  He has bungled Ukraine.  He has tried to help rehabilitate the image of MBS - who had a journalist murdered.  He has given Kim Jong-un a seat at the big table.  He has alienated neighbors.  He has alienated European allies.  We have lost influence in Asia.  

What has he done that qualifies as "excellent" in your mind?

I am trying to think of one area where Trump has gotten it close to right.  He is failing to promote democracy/freedom abroad.  He is rewarding countries that in fact oppose democracy and freedom.  He has bungled Ukraine.  He has tried to help rehabilitate the image of MBS - who had a journalist murdered.  He has given Kim Jong-un a seat at the big table.  He has alienated neighbors.  He has alienated European allies.  We have lost influence in Asia.  

Let's just say I believe you are wrong on all your points 

Dude.

We have significantly less influence in the world today - than we held 3 years ago.

Now, you can argue that we did not wield that influence to your liking - but now, we have virtually no friends in the world.  That is not good foreign policy.

Ok.  Lets say that.

I made a lot of points, so why don't you share where you see Trump's foreign policy as being excellent.

Tell me the policy - and how it has made America better.
Trump is continuing to destroy ISIS.

No attacks on U.S. soil

Attempting to secure our borders

Working for peace with North Korea

Forcing other countries to pay their fair share in NATO

Showing strength and not apology tours like horrible Obama

America has always had the President it deserves. We still do.

We are not learning the lesson of that, and therefore remain more pitiful than any individual.
This is the truth. More and more adults are acting like children in all aspects of their lives, regardless of their age and experience, more so than I've ever seen in my 50 years. And it just keeps getting worse. The society and government we have now reflect that.

He's a sociopath. He feels no guilt. He doesn't think he's done anything wrong--no matter how bad the decision or how many have been harmed.

No attacks on U.S. soil

Ok, I'll play:

1. Just abandoned an ally who was helping, as a direct result, 750 ISIS members reentered the fray

2. Are we not counting domestic attacks anymore? Last I checked, that's part of the job, at least it was for Lincoln.

3. Failing miserably, with a side of humanitarian violations by tearing children from their parents and putting each in camps.

4. North Korea still has its nuke program, is still progressing it, and isn't stopping. They've toned down the rhetoric, so that's not a total loss.

5. Still owes the UN a billion dollars at any rate

6. Abandoning allies on the field and asking for help in trying to come up with dirty laundry on political opponents is the opposite of strength.

So number 5 is technically a tie, I guess, but that's still a record of 0-5-1. That's almost as bad as the Dolphins.

No attacks on U.S. soil

In line with your points:

-Everyone is “continuing to destroy ISIS”

There have been a handful of attacks ISiS took credit for on US soil. Wouldn’t really put this on Trump or anyone in particular just pointing out this in incorrect.

NK is the same as it ever was despite the beautiful letters between Donald and Kim Jong

Trump was really into this and I believe they are paying more. Not really a pressing deal before he talked about it but fair enough

Trump is all hat no cattle when it comes to this subject. He’s tough when he’s talking and when it doesn’t matter always backs off or gets ignored when it’s important. It’s kind of funny that he thinks he’s this tough dude. Everyone knows he’s not. 

This is exactly why I have the very unpopular opinion that the Senate could vote to remove him. I bet GOP is scared to death of what he might do between now and Election Day. Imagine four more years of that. How many more Syria situations could happen? How far will he extend his abuses of power? They have to be considering how to get him out without destroying themselves politically.

He's a sociopath. He feels no guilt. He doesn't think he's done anything wrong--no matter how bad the decision or how many have been harmed.
from the DSM5, the diagnostic manual for the American Psychiatric Association since 1952, the diagnostic criteria for Anti-Social Personality Disorder:

There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following: having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest.

2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure.

3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead.

4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults.

5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others.

6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations.

7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing.

Don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a narcissist and corrupt individual. He only cares about himself and his ego. He's a grade A (censored word so as not to be too over the top non-excellent). This country can't take another 4 years of this. Hopefully the damage can be mitigated over the next few months to a year and he's a terrible footnote and warning in our history.
I’m a pessimist so take this opinion with a grain of salt, but the damage done in his tenure will last decades if not forever. We are a changed (not for the better) nation. Maybe a full generation will do it, but I’d offer that, 30 years, as the over/under on the time it takes for us to get back to where we were on 11/7/16. I’ll take the over (I.e. forever).

Imagine four more years of that. How many more Syria situations could happen? How far will he extend his abuses of power? They have to be considering how to get him out without destroying themselves politically.
We will be losing Kurds almost as fast as the 200 species that go extinct every single day.

The other possible explanation is that mentally he's a spoiled 8-year-old, whose parents have let him do whatever he wants and insist on saying "isn't that cute" after each offense. The more he gets away with, the more he knows he can do whatever he wants with no consequences. Each act builds on what he's gotten away with previously and pushes the limits a little more, until, eventually, he feels no need to comply with societal norms (if he can even recognize those norms).

It's a real catch 22 for Alpha Don. His growing mental deterioration won't allow him to seek the help he needs for it.

You guys ever watch Quantum Leap?

How would anything be different if Sam had leaped in Trump's body and had to get him impeached? Think about it.

You guys ever watch Quantum Leap?

How would anything be different if Sam had leaped in Trump's body and had to get him impeached? Think about it.
Just know that there’s a popular gif related to this reference that would work, but I’m almost certain I’d get a timeout for it

Users who are viewing this thread