What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oakland at Green Bay (-5) Game Thread (1 Viewer)

The Green Bay WR situation will be something to watch today. 

MVS and Geronimo missed all of practice this past week. Allen Lazard was thought to factor in, what happens today? 

It's possible one of the two usual starters is out there more as a decoy so the 6-5 Lazard can roam around vs a lesser DB. Or will someone else emerge for the Packers?

Or will they just line up and run over Oakland and don't need any WRs to emerge today? 

Raiders not looking as solid as they did against the Bears, on offense or defense.

Carr is looking off today. 

Need to run, and run and then when we thought we run enough, run again. 

Poor waller - wide open 30 yd TD called back w a hold.  Would have been his first I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, the dumbest rule in the NFL comes into play.

An offensive turnover into the endzone should be a touchback OR a turnover, but not BOTH.

The NFL should use the same philosophy that it uses on 4th down fumbles: the ball should be removed to the spot of the fumble, with the offense retaining possession of the ball.

Another healthy dose of the Raiders beating themselves with stupid and untimely penalties and turnovers.

And if we could cover and make tackles -- especially on 3rd and long -- that would be great.

It's a surprisingly solid football team that plays hard but is boring because it lacks talent.  
We have a lot of raw talent and keep in mind we are missing a lot of key players on defense: Ferrell, Abram, Lee, Key and Burfict. Abram looked like a deference maker in that first game. I haven't seen enough of Ferrell to make the same judgement there. Burfict hurts as we were already thin on LB and Lee gone too compounds that. 

On offense, We lack a #1 WR that can really change things for the offense and have been without out best WR on top of that. Our WR's for the day were Trevor Davis, Marcell Ateman, Hunter Renfrow and Keelan Doss. We didn't event have Dwayne Harris active. It was painfully clear not having Trent Brown was a big difference maker as well. 

We didn't put enough pressure on Rodgers but he was dialed in today and he is one of those QB's that when they are dialed in you have NO room for any errors. We made a few and too many yellow accessories being thrown our way. 

I think what I have seen is that A) We need to stop hearing crap from the Gruden haters. He put together a dang good gameplan and called a dang good game with some dang good designed plays. B) I like what I am seeing from Mayock's first draft. I don't know if anyone really doubted his talent evaluation ability but I was excited about him as a GM and I love what I am seeing from that so far. C) We may be a bubble playoff team at this point. Maybe get in, maybe not. It surely will be a wildcard if we do. But we will certainly give teams a good game and be in the fight. 

I think what I have seen is that A) We need to stop hearing crap from the Gruden haters. He put together a dang good gameplan and called a dang good game with some dang good designed plays. B) I like what I am seeing from Mayock's first draft. I don't know if anyone really doubted his talent evaluation ability but I was excited about him as a GM and I love what I am seeing from that so far. C) We may be a bubble playoff team at this point. Maybe get in, maybe not. It surely will be a wildcard if we do. But we will certainly give teams a good game and be in the fight. 
Count me as a new Gruden believer.    I thought Gannon carried him the first time around but it seems Gruden can design a damn good O.   To move the ball at all with an average QB and bench WRs is a testament to Gruden.   I'm not singing Mayock's praises just yet.  Let's see how those first round picks turn out in a year or two.   

An offensive turnover into the endzone should be a touchback OR a turnover, but not BOTH.

The NFL should use the same philosophy that it uses on 4th down fumbles: the ball should be removed to the spot of the fumble, with the offense retaining possession of the ball.
I agree that it is a dumb rule, but considering what happened last year in the Dallas game, for Carr to commit the same blunder is inexcusable.  Hard for a team to succeed when your QB is that unaware and clueless. 

Count me as a new Gruden believer.    I thought Gannon carried him the first time around but it seems Gruden can design a damn good O.   To move the ball at all with an average QB and bench WRs is a testament to Gruden.   I'm not singing Mayock's praises just yet.  Let's see how those first round picks turn out in a year or two.   
Abram looked extremely legit that first game which is unusual for a rookie in the Safety position to do so well. I have no concern about him not being a 1st round worthy player. Jacobs obviously is. Ferrell has looked good but it is going to be hard for him to live up to that overall spot he earned and we won't know unless he is on the field. 

Just a terrible rule .

Can I have some wing sauce with my crow?

His stupid "knock on wood" routine really made me cringe and I thought that is it but the players really seem to like him, the game has not passed him by and this is a tough team. I love how they run the ball. With Mahomes out and the Chargers sucking I really wish we could have squeezed a W out here. That endzone fumble is just brutal.

I love watching Jacobs run but his shoulder concerns me. I wonder what is going on there...
I think it goes back to the 1st play of the game. Absolutely crushed the safety on a long run but was a violent shoulder to shoulder impact. Guessing that's what it's from, not the play that he actually left on originally. Just a guess.

I agree that it is a dumb rule, but considering what happened last year in the Dallas game, for Carr to commit the same blunder is inexcusable.  Hard for a team to succeed when your QB is that unaware and clueless. 
Ya, the rule may suck but come on. Same mistake. You're on the goal line and a 6 year vet. You should know how important protecting the football is.

Users who are viewing this thread