What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roast Beef Sandwich > Chicken sandwich (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
I had Popeyes and chick file a for the first time this week. Not sure what the hoopla is for the fried sandwich.

Give me a roast beef sandwich from Arby’s  any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Popeyes and chick file a for the first time this week. Not sure what the hoopla is for the fried sandwich.

Give me a roast beef sandwich any day of the week.
I love Arby's.  Highly underrated.  But I'd give CFA the slight advantage if I had to chose.  Ideally, my house would be equidistant from an Arby's, a CFA, a Bennigan's, and a Waffle House.  Just thinking about that scenario made me gain 2 pounds and made my panties moist.

Roast beef sandwich from a good deli.  Yes.

Arby's? Hell no. 
For fast food, you can't beat it.  It's like when people are like, "Taco Bell isn't authentic!"  No ####.  It's 99 cents and it's made by a 17 year old kid in Minnesota named Chip.  But it's really good.  Domino's is really good, too.  It's not real pizza, but that doesn't mean it can't also be good.

You lost me at fast food meat.

But give me a choice of a proper sandwich then yes, I’ll have the roast beef. horseradish please!

The traditional Greek gyro from Arby's is pretty good. Not in any way going to beat your favorite gyro place, but not bad for fast food.

On a slightly side note, Arby's used to have a shake a couple of summer's ago that was amazing.  I think it was limited time.  But on a hot day, it was the bomb.  I think it was like a lemonade shake, but I think it was more technical than that.  For the life of me I can't remember, but I would go to the drive thru just to order them some days. #fat

Admittedly it was a long time ago (they turned our Arby's into a Starbucks, so since whenever they got big) but the last Arbys i ate was somewhere between that lunch meat in 3/$1 packets that mothers made school sammiches with and dumpster pickins.

Mino's, Lynn MA - better than Kelly's. get the special sauce

Admittedly it was a long time ago (they turned our Arby's into a Starbucks, so since whenever they got big) but the last Arbys i ate was somewhere between that lunch meat in 3/$1 packets that mothers made school sammiches with and dumpster pickins.

Mino's, Lynn MA - better than Kelly's. get the special sauce
I see it still draws the sophisticated clientele

https://m.facebook.com/M#######boredUM/videos/lynn-chick-does-the-most-m#######-minos-roast-beef-review-ever/1923632767675277/

:lmao: :wub: :lmao:  i might actually be her faatha

in the middle 70s, it was not unusual for me to be up from Fri morn to Sunday afternoon, doing this & that, powered by my great friend CC(denmother of the 13-room practice/party house i had in Salem)'s diet pills - i didn't get high in those days. during autumn, when the party wound down and i wasn't already with an easysqueezy,  i'd make a wakeupforchurch##### bootycall on whoevah sos i could stay awake for football, then kick everybody who was conscious outta my house, crack a brew or two, order a banana peppers pizza from Salem House and walk down to the original Mino's on Boston St for a roast beef and a chicken fingers (first place i ever saw them offered) and eat for the first time in 3 days and pass out to football. nevah happiah

:lmao: :wub: :lmao:  i might actually be her faatha

in the middle 70s, it was not unusual for me to be up from Fri morn to Sunday afternoon, doing this & that, powered by my great friend CC(denmother of the 13-room practice/party house i had in Salem)'s diet pills - i didn't get high in those days. during autumn, when the party wound down and i wasn't already with an easysqueezy,  i'd make a wakeupforchurch##### bootycall on whoevah sos i could stay awake for football, then kick everybody who was conscious outta my house, crack a brew or two, order a banana peppers pizza from Salem House and walk down to the original Mino's on Boston St for a roast beef and a chicken fingers (first place i ever saw them offered) and eat for the first time in 3 days and pass out to football. nevah happiah
No Big Fred's ? 

On a slightly side note, Arby's used to have a shake a couple of summer's ago that was amazing.  I think it was limited time.  But on a hot day, it was the bomb.  I think it was like a lemonade shake, but I think it was more technical than that.  For the life of me I can't remember, but I would go to the drive thru just to order them some days. #fat
Arbys = hot, fresh out of the fryer, potato cakes. 

combo dipping sauces of both Arby's and Horsey sauce.  Would rather have this than any fries ...and I love fries.  

Roy Rogers roast beef >>>>> Rubber “meat” at Arby’s. 

I can't remember for sure, but in the 60s I think either Arby's or Roy Rogers had the big chunk of beef resting a heat lamp - it was the real thing.  My dad loved that place and the Jamocha shakes that tasted a lot more of coffee than they do now. 

I'll get an Arby's roast beast sandwich a few times a year, eat it and then think, "Why did I get this?"  Every time.  No more.  9 times out of 10, it is not even warm. 

Chick Fil-A's grilled chicken sandwich destroys it.  Not even close. 

For fast food, you can't beat it.  It's like when people are like, "Taco Bell isn't authentic!"  No ####.  It's 99 cents and it's made by a 17 year old kid in Minnesota named Chip.  But it's really good.  Domino's is really good, too.  It's not real pizza, but that doesn't mean it can't also be good.
They are both ####### absolute garbage. 

Taco Bell has it's place for sure. I'll put down 6-8 hardshells from time to time and feel good about it.

Roommate in college was a part time manager at an Arby's. Even free and poor I stopped eating there. Went a couple years ago out of absolute necessity and it was actually not bad had some "deli" style sandwich that was ok.

I can't remember for sure, but in the 60s I think either Arby's or Roy Rogers had the big chunk of beef resting a heat lamp - it was the real thing.  My dad loved that place and the Jamocha shakes that tasted a lot more of coffee than they do now. 
That’s Roy’s. Arby’s is the lunch meat that’s rubbery.

Why is there so much dislike for us folks from the South Shore? (Hingham!!) 
Cuyses, the dastardly scourge of carnivoral hemispherism raises it's head again!

i kissed a girl in Hingham when i was 12, but my altarboy scruples deflected any investigation into the local roast beef

Why is there so much dislike for us folks from the South Shore? (Hingham!!) 
Cuyses, the dastardly scourge of carnivoral hemispherism raises it's head again!

i kissed a girl in Hingham when i was 12, but my altarboy scruples deflected any investigation into the local roast beef
I know we don't have anything close as far as RB, but it seems like all of the North Shore hates the South Shore. TBH, we never thought much of the North Shore, except for maybe Salem in the Fall, or looking at the Hilltop sign on our way to New Hampshire...oh wait, never mind, I think I know now! ;)

How did the OP manage to get a chicken sandwich from Popeye's when they have been out since August and aren't returning until November?  Or am I misreading this, and he's comparing a roast beef sandwich to fried chicken?  

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the OP manage to get a chicken sandwich from Popeye's when they have been out since August and aren't returning until November?  Or am I misreading this, and he's comparing a roast beef sandwich to fried chicken?  
Comparing the two

Users who are viewing this thread