What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DOJ criminal investigation of Russia probe (1 Viewer)

Meh. Seems like Barr just continuing to run interference for his boss. But, I guess if they want to investigate,  let em. Be interesting if they find some malfeasance.  

That is, ACTUAL malfeasance and not trumped-up partisan garbage. 

Barr and Durham have been interviewing people in Italy, UK, and I believe Australia for several months.

Those interviews, combined with findings in the IG report are what shifted this from a review to a criminal inquiry/investigation.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. 
Its sounding like the IG report will at least give us a heads up to what's coming.

I'm 100% for this playing out above board.

Rumor has it that:

- CIA ran the entire operation, from feeding Steele HRC/DNC/FGPS oppo research to leaking to press to using Western assets to trap Papadaplous and Page to spying on Trump ("legally" with fraudulent FISA warrants and illegally through fraudulent 702 queries)

- FBI was merely the innocent useful idiots who were just acting on bad Intel from CIA

- Brennan and Clapper are the ones most likely to end up in Florence

What in Barr’s track record makes you think it will be ‘above board’?
He is a swamp creature just like Mueller, Comey, etc so you should be happy.

Typical swamp career track: CIA > DOJ > cushy General Counsel for major Telecom > cushy job with University (does this sound familiar? Mueller and Comey had nearly identical careers)

He was unanimously approved by SJC when he was appointed by Daddy Bush.

By all accounts Barr should garner as much respect as Mueller.

Let's see where the evidence takes us.

Typical swamp career track: CIA > DOJ > cushy General Counsel for major Telecom > cushy job with University (does this sound familiar? Mueller and Comey had nearly identical careers)

Personally I never had a problem with Barr until his summary of the Mueller investigation which I thought was unreasonable. 

No problem with your last sentence. 

You know, I really want to keep this forum in existence. 

In that spirit, how about simply asking “Do you have evidence of this?” No need to add the other stuff. 
Not to speak for others, but I think Brennan will have to face some tough questions soon. I dont understand Clapper's role personally.

Misfud reportedly made a tape with Italian intelligence explaining why he was in danger and needed witness protection. Barr and Durham have supposedly hear this tape. They have misfud's cell phones. So calling misfud the wildcard here sounds accurate. 

You know, I really want to keep this forum in existence. 

In that spirit, how about simply asking “Do you have evidence of this?” No need to add the other stuff. 
stick to issues, not directing things at other posters, huh? feel free to put me on ignore.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering he plead guilty, that's going to be pretty tough.
Going to say he did that to get the deal. He went up against against the system and took the self preservation choice. Over time more information has come out. Flynn has yet to be sentenced, which seems a long time from his trial for me. 

Do we also apply this to every inmate who pled guilty to avoid a worse sentence? They pled guilty so they are. 

See, this is the problem with Trump's "perfect" phone call with Ukraine. We already know that he was attempting to get someone to launch an investigation as a distraction. Ukraine refused to do it, so he got the DOJ to do it instead.

Joe Summer said:
See, this is the problem with Trump's "perfect" phone call with Ukraine. We already know that he was attempting to get someone to launch an investigation as a distraction. Ukraine refused to do it, so he got the DOJ to do it instead.
How is this related to Biden?

Max Power said:
Going to say he did that to get the deal. He went up against against the system and took the self preservation choice. Over time more information has come out. Flynn has yet to be sentenced, which seems a long time from his trial for me. 

Do we also apply this to every inmate who pled guilty to avoid a worse sentence? They pled guilty so they are
Certainly in the eyes of the law

CNN first take with Anderson Cooper and James Clapper:

https://youtu.be/Liaj48z1Lak

1. Deny, deflect, debunked

2. Cooper and Clapper body language indicates they know the house of cards is about to fall

This has been in the works since Admiral Mike Rogers (head of NSA and the only one not to agree with Brennan and Comey on the Trump Russia Collusion narrative) went to Trump Tower during the transition and told President elect Trump that he was being spied on.

This investigation is not an attempt to distract, it is an attempt to shed light on a 3 year narrative that came up empty (zero Mueller indictments of Trump team related to Russia).

CNN first take with Anderson Cooper and James Clapper:

https://youtu.be/Liaj48z1Lak

1. Deny, deflect, debunked

2. Cooper and Clapper body language indicates they know the house of cards is about to fall

This has been in the works since Admiral Mike Rogers (head of NSA and the only one not to agree with Brennan and Comey on the Trump Russia Collusion narrative) went to Trump Tower during the transition and told President elect Trump that he was being spied on.

This investigation is not an attempt to distract, it is an attempt to shed light on a 3 year narrative that came up empty (zero Mueller indictments of Trump team related to Russia).
https://twitter.com/wyrdchyk/status/1187569376037392385?s=21

To your #2 for others to draw their own conclusions. 

With regards to timing, this investigation had to wait until the conclusion of the Mueller probe because many of those who needed to be interviewed were off limits. Can't talk to them while they are part of an ongoing investigation or something.

For those who hate Trump, you should take solace in the fact that if what is being alleged is true, there is still little chance anyone is prosecuted.

Barr is swamp, Horowitz is swamp, the R leadership in Congress is swamp, and the IC and DOJ are all swamp.

They will sweep anything and everything under the rug to keep the gravy train rolling.

For those who hate Trump, you should take solace in the fact that if what is being alleged is true, there is still little chance anyone is prosecuted.

Barr is swamp, Horowitz is swamp, the R leadership in Congress is swamp, and the IC and DOJ are all swamp.

They will sweep anything and everything under the rug to keep the gravy train rolling.
If what is being said is true there is no solace in those people not being prosecuted. I think most people expect both sides to have some integrity, and if you don’t and break the law that there are repercussions. My disdain for trump doesn’t mean I don’t want justice if someone on “my side” was involved in wrongdoing. 

I'm beginning to think there might be something to this and I have a feeling Bruce Ohr has been talking since day 1.  He was basically the only one not fired, and just look at his wife's background.  

Once one of them makes a deal they are all screwed.  These people aren't hardened Mafia who will stay silent to the grave.  These are career govt officials who have likely never been in a fist fight in their entire life.

My disdain for trump doesn’t mean I don’t want justice if someone on “my side” was involved in wrongdoing. 
:goodposting: This is where I am at.  Beat the buffoon at the ballot box in 2020 not by using foreign assets to spy on him.  All they have to do is sit back and let him open his mouth, and not have Hillary run against him.  But no, we had to have "insurance plans" and "pied Piper candidates".

I'm beginning to think there might be something to this and I have a feeling Bruce Ohr has been talking since day 1.  He was basically the only one not fired, and just look at his wife's background.  

Once one of them makes a deal they are all screwed.  These people aren't hardened Mafia who will stay silent to the grave.  These are career govt officials who have likely never been in a fist fight in their entire life.
So let’s assume there’s something to it- Mifsud was a plant. He tells George papadapolous  that Russia has damaging info for the campaign, Hillary’s emails (but really it’s Ukraine trying to frame Russia), and then they somehow get a drunk George p to let this slip to an Australian diplomat who informs the US and they start an investigation. Then the Ukrainian hackers get the information to assange while disguising their track as Russians. Then Wikileaks releases this damaging information just before the election, hurting Clinton’s chances to win the election, all as an insurance plan in case Trump won. 
There’s an awful lot here that doesn’t make sense and seems like some coincidences that would be hard to plan.

Max Power said:
Its sounding like the IG report will at least give us a heads up to what's coming.

I'm 100% for this playing out above board.
Sounds more like the IG report wasn't what they wanted so they drummed this up to keep it out there that people were after Trump and the impeachment inquiry and Mueller investigation were illegal and all that.

How does it sound different?  IMO if the IG report was what Trump wanted...they would have been leaking nonstop about it.

Raylan said:
Rumor has it that:

- CIA ran the entire operation, from feeding Steele HRC/DNC/FGPS oppo research to leaking to press to using Western assets to trap Papadaplous and Page to spying on Trump ("legally" with fraudulent FISA warrants and illegally through fraudulent 702 queries)

- FBI was merely the innocent useful idiots who were just acting on bad Intel from CIA

- Brennan and Clapper are the ones most likely to end up in Florence
Leaking to the press?  You mean after the election when it didn't help HrC?  Do you see how that isn't very logical?

Raylan said:

Calling Mueller a swamp creature is laughable.

Sounds more like the IG report wasn't what they wanted so they drummed this up to keep it out there that people were after Trump and the impeachment inquiry and Mueller investigation were illegal and all that.

How does it sound different?  IMO if the IG report was what Trump wanted...they would have been leaking nonstop about it.
Well I'm not the one leaking the IG report will explain the upgrade in the investigation. They went to foxnews people, so a grain of salt is taken. 

How is this related to Biden?
He will

play it as the system  and the democrats are all against him.  That any investigation against him is illegal.  That Biden was complicit via it happened during the Obama administration.

And the logic won’t really work ...

But Barr is? I'm still trying to figure this guy out. 
I haven’t said that.  Though, he does appear to be doing things for Trump (the summary of Mueller and now this stuff makes me skeptical of him doing what’s in the beat interest of the country vs what helps Trump).

I haven’t said that.  Though, he does appear to be doing things for Trump (the summary of Mueller and now this stuff makes me skeptical of him doing what’s in the beat interest of the country vs what helps Trump).
Unfortunately this seems like the AG MO for years

Of course.  Harvey Weinstein is still out there attending parties and living life.  The rich and powerful rarely pay the price. If Trump is guilty of everything he's been accused of, he'll never go to jail.  He'll orchestrate his way around the madness.  In the theoretical world where this DOJ investigation showed extreme wrongdoing by Clinton or Obama or whomever..the same would happen.  Nothing.

If I were writing a book about the nature of conspiracy theories, I would use this post as a perfect representative example.

I really hope that they have actually uncovered criminal wrongdoing because the alternative is horrifying - right out of an authoritarian playbook. 

Users who are viewing this thread