What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am benching OBJ for?? (1 Viewer)

I'm between Davis, OBJ, and Cooks. 

NE Pass rush + CLE Pass blocking  + Gilmore is pretty scary. Baker has been crap under pressure and he'll be under it all game. 
My thoughts as well. Cannot believe I"m almost considering D Robinson over him. Based on principle alone, I'll probably keep him in. Watch him have another 2-30 stat line.

I'm between Davis, OBJ, and Cooks. 

NE Pass rush + CLE Pass blocking  + Gilmore is pretty scary. Baker has been crap under pressure and he'll be under it all game. 
Yup. I’ll probably end up playing OBJ but Bill B has NE playing at such a high level on D. 

I don’t have him anywhere but it would have to be a desperate situation for me to sit him only because he’s still the very best at taking a quick slant and vaporizing everyone on the field. Granted it’s probably less than a ten percent chance but I’d only sit him if I were a heavy favorite and wanted a nice safe floor.

Thought about it in the one league I have him, but if I did bench him, it would be for Mike Williams or Robby Anderson, who also have tough matchups this week. I also have Mecole Hardman on the bench, but I wouldn't start him over OBJ. Right now I have OBJ, John Brown and Robby penciled in as my starters this week. If Keenan Allen sits, I probably move Mike in, but more likely in place of Robby than OBJ.

Not exactly confident in OBJ this week, but it's hard to get excited about the other two options (especially Robby after that Monday night performance by Darnold), so I likely roll with him and hope for the best.

For everyone.

Benched for Godwin, TY, and Stills. If they were all out, then I’d still flex D.Freeman, or Ty Johnson over him.

I hate Baker Mayfield too.

Debating sitting him @ the Patriots for Sutton or possibly (gulp) Stills.....
Out of those two, Sutton. Fuller looks to be out so Stills might have a solid game, but Sutton is a more known quantity to me.

That said, hard to sit OBJ, even against NE, and even with Mayfield throwing him the ball. Guy has potential no matter what.

i started diggs and chark in his place with john brown on the bench.  I would have started brown over him too

Considering starting Dionte Johnson vs Miami over him.
Have Dionte but I'm not there yet. I have AJ and Stills in flex and debating bumping one up to WR, benching OBj and putting Ty Johnson in at flex. Full ppr. 

Want even thinking about until this morning when I saw the matchup. 

He might get a big Tate splash play but that would be it. 

Obj is on the bench for julio/kupp/Lockett  12 team $200 buy in league, cha ching

Last edited by a moderator:
Debated benching him for Dede for a few seconds, but... nah, can't do that.

If you had a top 20 option, sure, you can bench him. Otherwise, you should only be benching him if you would rather take a shot on a high floor guy who is likely to get you 9-11 points or whatever, because, based on your matchup and situation in the standings, you feel you cannot afford to take a 0-3 point performance.  

I think it's pretty unlikely he takes a 0, though, anyways. There's a strong chance the Patriots have a 3+ TD lead in the 4th quarter, which means there should be some garbage time upside here with OBJ, which, imo, makes him a lot less risky/higher floor. 

There's a strong chance the Patriots have a 3+ TD lead in the 4th quarter, which means there should be some garbage time upside here with OBJ, which, imo, makes him a lot less risky/higher floor. 
Does the Patriots D usually let up in the 4th quarter if the Pats have a big lead? Seems the starting D is still out there in the 4th playing balls to the wall.

I have no confidence of him doing anything against NE especially with the wet conditions. I think there are about 50 other players with more upside than him. Now that I say that he will get a lucky slip and fall touchdown.

OBJ (reportedly - per J. Anderson) has some concerns over his groin "holding up today"

Not on the INJ report... is this something that popped up in practice, or ongoing issue?

Does the Patriots D usually let up in the 4th quarter if the Pats have a big lead? Seems the starting D is still out there in the 4th playing balls to the wall.
Uh no. They play full offensive until about 2 minutes left. The defense seems to do same.

The cupcakes they seem to play every week also have checked out by the 3rd quarter usually.

Sounds like a preemptive loser limp...
I have no interests in OBJ so haven't been following his feed, but seems like his concerns over something like a groin injury would be news in fantasy circles.

Last edited by a moderator:
OBJ (reportedly - per J. Anderson) has some concerns over his groin "holding up today"

Not on the INJ report... is this something that popped up in practice, or ongoing issue?
This isn't good. Wet field. Blowout. Thinking of benching for Cooks.

Yeah, the bye week must have been rough on him. Built in excuse before he catches 3-30.

Users who are viewing this thread