What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

al Baghdadi is dead (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports are that he detonated a suicide vest.  He’s been reported dead before, I will wait for the DNA and biometric results allegedly in the works.  

We don’t need to follow his poor example, do we? 

Hats off to our great military, and to President Trump, for this victory against evil. 👍 
We've also seen this story before.

[Insert name of terrorist group]'s leader/second in command/high ranking lieutenant was reportedly killed earlier today, according to sources familiar with the situation.

And the group still survives.

Always good to hear a bad guy is gone. The bigger challenge is how do we keep him from being replaced and to use this event to cripple the organization even further. Credit to our intel and military as well as to Trump for whatever role he played.

Always good to hear a bad guy is gone. The bigger challenge is how do we keep him from being replaced and to use this event to cripple the organization even further. Credit to our intel and military as well as to Trump for whatever role he played.
Seems impossible to not have him be replaced.  I do find it interesting this happened somewhat quickly - it makes me wonder if it’s an enemy of enemy situation.  

This is obviously good news, but I worry that our reversal of course in Syria is by far the bigger long-run story here.  Not an expert on the region and I'd like to be wrong about that.

Do you think this is something that would have happened even without us pulling out?  Timing becomes questionable.
It is odd, it has a closing up shop feel. And it also seems like the US military & Kurds seem to be taking a chunk out of Turkey in maybe their last turn together. This is near Idlib which should have been a maximum No-Go area for Isis, but only because Turkey, Syria and Syrian and Turkish supported groups were there. Perhaps they thought deference to lines drawn during the war doesn't matter at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is obviously good news, but I worry that our reversal of course in Syria is by far the bigger long-run story here.  Not an expert on the region and I'd like to be wrong about that.
Well said...good to get one of the top people.  Where does it lead us going forward.

They just showed a short video on CNN of an explosion. It was taken from what looks like a few miles away. It was also a pretty large explosion. I'm hoping that all allied troops are safe.

They just showed a short video on CNN of an explosion. It was taken from what looks like a few miles away. It was also a pretty large explosion. I'm hoping that all allied troops are safe.
Yeah my first thought when heard suicide vest beyond the cowardice was hoping none of our troops or allies were hurt by that.

Yeah my first thought when heard suicide vest beyond the cowardice was hoping none of our troops or allies were hurt by that.
At this point it's not clear if the building was destroyed by a vest, our missile, or both. My hope is that it was both. If so, troops would have been out of the area before our missile strike. 🤞

At this point it's not clear if the building was destroyed by a vest, our missile, or both. My hope is that it was both. If so, troops would have been out of the area before our missile strike. 🤞
Word is, no American troops were injured. Speculation is that they obliterated the site so that ISIL couldn’t turn it into some kind of shrine.

It was just reported on MSNBC that House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff received no notification or briefing on the Baghdadi operation.
Fwiw I take it this means right after it happened, not before. I'd think Congress (Republican and Dem leadership both) would ordinarily learn of something like this before the press/public, even if just slightly before.

This is a terrible post. So unpatriotic. We have one government with co-equal branches that serve a functional role in our national security. You are doing no favors to this country by pulling the crowbar that Trump has placed between the Executive Branch and Congress. It’s sadder still that your sentiment against Schiff in particular is based only on conspiracy theories, and not facts.
He is purely partisan hack along with the “news”source reporting it, just stating an honest opinion. Save the inaccurate dramatics please. 

Unpatriotic, please. 

Hope someone asks if raid was coordinated in any way to coincide with his World Series appearance. 
This is a little unfair IMO.  The president (any president) has public appearances all the time.  It's statistically inevitable that some major "wins" will occur at about the same time as one of them.

Take responsibility for your posts. That Schiff is a “partisan hack” is your opinion, based on propaganda. But America has a long tradition of policies ending at the water’s edge. Blind allegiances have destroyed any unity in our country. You proved that.
You are embarrassing yourself and showing exactly what’s wrong with this forum. Just because someone doesn’t share your views you just can’t handle and and make up inaccurate claims like above. Sad. 

Please stop. Both sides. 

If you have something relevant to the killing of al-baghdadi please share. Leave the bickering about the rest to another thread. Or no thread at all. 

Not a conspiracy. This is how facts work. He said he knew about the raid for three days. That’s when appearance was scheduled. 
Dude, give it a rest. A rare good news thread and you and MSNBC referencer look for any conspiracy to discredit. 

This is great news if it happened, let it be. 

OP thanks for sharing, always good to see a bad guy get what he deserves. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread