What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

High Upside Sleepers - Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
Maybe you’re like me and are now down kamara, Keenan Allen and Lamar (due to bye). 

At least they were kind enough to give us some time.  Who are the highest upside plays to try to exploit this week?

some thoughts:

mark Walton coming out party against jets?

darrell Henderson explodes against weak Cincy run d as they load manage gurley?

josh hill against weak az te defense?

who ya got? 

Maybe you’re like me and are now down kamara, Keenan Allen and Lamar (due to bye). 

At least they were kind enough to give us some time.  Who are the highest upside plays to try to exploit this week?

some thoughts:

mark Walton coming out party against jets?

darrell Henderson explodes against weak Cincy run d as they load manage gurley?

josh hill against weak az te defense?

who ya got? 
Walton plays the Steelers...

Just a question - who will win this week - KC without Mahomes or GB without Davante?  The game will be played in KC, if that makes a difference?

I think GB wins if they commit to running the ball......Jones and Williams
I'm thinking Matt Moore may be a decent play this week.  GB has been putting up 33 per game over the last 3 without Davante, so this game should be high scoring.  I just don't see Reid counting on his running game to get it done.  He let Moore throw against DEN last week, even after the game was well in hand.  GB has given up the 10th most passing yards, but have faced only 1 top 10 passing yardage QB.

Starting D. Henderson over several WR waiver flyers. 

Just think there's a possibility for 40 rushing attempts and he gets 15 of them.

Josh Allen vs Eagles secondary
Agreed here earlier in the week... weather looking especially nasty there today.

I'll throw Matt Moore out there (has weapons, has Reid, had full week of practice/prep)

Kenny Stills - bombs away in that (vacated) Will Fuller role.

Thinking of him over David Montgomery for the second flex spot. May be risky but I can see the upside.
Man I’m feeling like Montgomery gets 100 and a score. We know Bears coaches are idiots, but they have a lot of egg on their face for not committing to the run. I think this week they attempt to over use it. 

RB that could pass their collective projections this week...

Ronald Jones: The Bucs season isn't going as planned or as smooth as they would like and while Tennessee seems like an easy call at home this week, the spread is close and if Winston can connect with his top WRs, it should open up some running lanes plus Jones can make plays out of the back field. 

14-60/3-25. 30-40% chance of a TD and you're looking at about 10-12 in PPR, more if he scores or can makes a couple moves. 

Tarik Cohen seems due for a breakout game or something North of 12-15, he has a bunch of duds so far. On a side note, I hated the way the defense made fun of his height, it just didn't sit well with me. 

I have the same decision to make but right now have Allen in but I have time to switch it 20 more times.
Going with Buffalo  QB Allen over P Rivers & B Mayfield.  Even with bad weather, Allen has the legs to make things happen. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I’m feeling like Montgomery gets 100 and a score. We know Bears coaches are idiots, but they have a lot of egg on their face for not committing to the run. I think this week they attempt to over use it. 
Even when he has gotten the ball he hasn't really been able to do a lot. I can definitely see your scenario happening, I'm just sick of this guy.

I don’t have the gonads to flex him (have aj brown instead) but penny against terrible falcons defense. Prosise inactive and hawks may showcase penny for a trade. Makes too much sense for him to have 15--105-1 today but it’ll be on my bench 

Schaub vs. Seattle? FBG rankings sure love him this week. 
Risky IMHO - SEA secondary is mediocre at best, but Schaub could either be a competent game manger or a pick machine. The variance scares me.

As a Ryan owner, looking at safer floors like Rudolph or a guy like Carr who will need to sling the rock to stay in the game.

Winston. Arians 4-1 coming off bye with Az., I'd expect the Bucs to be primed and ready to go in this one. banking on 350/3 from Winston.Chargers just gashed them last week.

love AJ Brown, James White,  Carlos Hyde, Sanu, 

Winston. Arians 4-1 coming off bye with Az., I'd expect the Bucs to be primed and ready to go in this one. banking on 350/3 from Winston.Chargers just gashed them last week.

love AJ Brown, James White,  Carlos Hyde, Sanu, 
Just came in here to mention Winston as a bounce back candidate. 

I don’t have the gonads to flex him (have aj brown instead) but penny against terrible falcons defense. Prosise inactive and hawks may showcase penny for a trade. Makes too much sense for him to have 15--105-1 today but it’ll be on my bench 
With all due respect, this does not sound sensible at all.....that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Drake is OUT tonight, sounds like they have at least one offer they can live with, maybe trying to create a small bidding war although I think they would be lucky to even get a 4th/5th at this point. 

Walton is not really built to handle a ton of touches, just saying even when he assumes the RB1 role you might be lucky to get 6-8 pts. 

Good luck to those who buy and hold. 

Drake is OUT tonight, sounds like they have at least one offer they can live with, maybe trying to create a small bidding war although I think they would be lucky to even get a 4th/5th at this point. 

Walton is not really built to handle a ton of touches, just saying even when he assumes the RB1 role you might be lucky to get 6-8 pts. 

Good luck to those who buy and hold. 
He's already getting 6-8 points splitting the carries...

What in the world would make you think the Seahawks would have any interest in trading Penny?

Users who are viewing this thread