What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurile Tremblay

Administrator
Staff member
Behind the scenes, the FBG staff has discussed possibly shutting down the PSF forum for good, possibly shutting it down for a week or a month, possibly just asking people to play nicely and see if it sticks this time, possibly doing some other things.

Nothing has been decided yet. Joe has other things to do today. Before any official decision is made, I am going to set a new policy on a trial basis to see how it works out.

I'm not going to pin this thread initially because I think people often skip over the section for pinned threads. I'll pin it once it slides to page two.

Here are the rules:

1. If you want to discuss the moderation publicly, do it in the moderation thread. If you do it in a thread about infrastructure, you'll be banned for a week.

2. If you want to offer other posters tips on how they should or shouldn't be posting in this subforum, do it in the saving the PSF thread. If you do it in a thread about occupational licensing reform, you will be suspended for a week.

3. You may also use this thread to discuss moderation or good or bad posting habits.

4. You will be suspended for telling other posters "Don't" or anything similar. (PM them if you are sincerely trying to be helpful.)

5. You will be suspended for telling other posters that their posts are what's wrong with this forum.

6. You will be suspended for saying that somebody else started it.

7. You will be suspended for reminding others about these rules. (Again, send a PM if you are sincerely trying to help.)

8. You will also be suspended for doing all the normal suspension-worthy things like name-calling, etc.

9. You will definitely be suspended for saying, "Your post is exactly what the moderators here don't want," or any variant of that.

10. You will be suspended.

11. It will no doubt be very unfair.

12. Moderators are exempt from these rules (except no. 8).

What to do if you're suspended:

Take a week off. Go for a walk. Read a book. Start a journal. I understand that gardening can be quite pleasant.

It's not the end of the world if you're suspended. Think of it as us shutting down the forum for a week to see how things go, except that we're shutting it down one poster at a time on a rolling basis instead of doing everybody en masse all at once.

What not to do if you're suspended:

Don't make or use an alias account. Don't come back and complain about your suspension in threads not designated for that topic. Don't urge that a dozen other people should also be suspended because what they did was worse, or because they started it.

Some tips on etiquette:

Do not make a post containing a statement of fact that you know is disputed unless you accompany it with a supporting link. Sometimes it's not convenient to post a link right then -- in that case, consider just not posting the statement until it is more convenient to provide a link.

In turn, please do not request a link from another poster unless (1) you think his statement might be true, (2) you want to learn more about the subject, and (3) you've spent at least 30-60 seconds unsuccessfully Googling for a link on your own. If you know that the statement is false, rather than asking for a link to a falsehood, provide your own link to the truth instead.

Obviously, no links are needed to support statements of opinion.

Bad etiquette generally won't result in suspensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will suspensions for multiple infractions in a single post be served consecutively or concurrently?
Probably concurrently, but the moderators have discretion to make up new rules as we go along.

Also, will I be suspended for mentioning that gardening really is not all that fun?
Not this time, but consider yourself on notice.

Is there any value in marking a post as banned?  I think there are some people that are confused about what they've been banned for or could get banned for. It would serve as a learning tool for everyone.

:2cents:

Behind the scenes, the FBG staff has discussed possibly shutting down the PSF forum for good, possibly shutting it down for a week or a month, possibly just asking people to play nicely and see if it sticks this time, possibly doing some other things.
Sure,  closed door meetings without a vote.  Typical.  I will now be posting here while eating pizza in my hallway in protest. 

Is there any value in marking a post as banned?  I think there are some people that are confused about what they've been banned for or could get banned for. It would serve as a learning tool for everyone.

:2cents:
Often posts that get people banned are hidden (because they contain vulgarities, etc.).

When I suspend somebody for playing board cop, I will not hide the offending post, but will instead respond to it with a note that it resulted in a suspension. Other mods should so the same.

Nothing has been decided yet.  
:mellow:  

Um, I would say this implementation of a new set of rules, with suspensions for violations starting NOW, indicates that indeed something has been decided. 

What’s the stance on posting about pigeons and how many accounts Tanner is allowed to have? Hope this works out. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the spirit of this policy, I hereby self-suspend from the political forum for a week. I’ll frequent the FFA instead. 

I feel so liberated!

Will suspensions for multiple infractions in a single post be served consecutively or concurrently?

Also, will I be suspended for mentioning that gardening really is not all that fun?
If I could say it it, I'd say it's posts like this that are killing this thread. 

Just so there is no confusion :wub: to k4  and MT

Nothing has been decided yet. Joe has other things to do today. Before any official decision is made, I am going to set a new policy on a trial basis to see how it works out.

I'm not going to pin this thread initially because I think people often skip over the section for pinned threads. I'll pin it once it slides to page two.

Here are the rules:

1. If you want to discuss the moderation publicly, do it in the moderation thread. If you do it in a thread about infrastructure, you'll be banned for a week.

2. If you want to offer other posters tips on how they should or shouldn't be posting in this subforum, do it in the saving the PSF thread. If you do it in a thread about occupational licensing reform, you will be suspended for a week.

3. You may also use this thread to discuss moderation or good or bad posting habits.

4. You will be suspended for telling other posters "Don't" or anything similar. (PM them if you are sincerely trying to be helpful.)

5. You will be suspended for telling other posters that their posts are what's wrong with this forum.

6. You will be suspended for saying that somebody else started it.

7. You will be suspended for reminding others about these rules. (Again, send a PM if you are sincerely trying to help.)

8. You will also be suspended for doing all the normal suspension-worthy things like name-calling, etc.

9. You will be suspended.

10. It will no doubt be very unfair.

11. Moderators are exempt from these rules (except no. 8).

What to do if you're suspended:

Take a week off. Go for a walk. Read a book. Start a journal. I understand that gardening can be quite pleasant.

It's not the end of the world if you're suspended. Think of it as us shutting down the forum for a week to see how things go, except that we're shutting it down one poster at a time on a rolling basis instead of doing everybody en masse all at once.

What not to do if you're suspended:

Don't make or use an alias account. Don't come back and complain about your suspension in threads not designated for that topic. Don't urge that a dozen other people should also be suspended because what they did was worse, or because they started it.
Don't.

So......are posters still allowed to whine about being targeted with personal attacks while simultaneously calling this place a cesspool? I don't see anything in the rules which cover that scenario.

1 hour update.  Wife has determined that if I don't get up and out of her way that she will veto certain necessary "executive activities," for the foreseeable future.  As those functions are necessary and proper for the well being of this citizen, I have determined that my protest is better accomplished by not doing it.

Still have the pizza.  I'm chalking it up as a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread