What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're going to police likes or other reactions.
You don't have to. Just eliminate this new like/reaction emoji now being used IMO to troll and the problem is solved. Seriously, if someone uses it 13 times in a thread, do you honestly believe it is because they repeatedly found what the person(s) said hilarious or were they instead ridiculing them? So far when asked to explain what they have found so funny the response has been :crickets: (for obvious reasons).

You don't have to. Just eliminate this new like/reaction emoji now being used IMO to troll and the problem is solved. Seriously, if someone uses it 13 times in a thread, do you honestly believe it is because they repeatedly found what the person(s) said hilarious or were they instead ridiculing them? So far when asked to explain what they have found so funny the response has been :crickets: (for obvious reasons).
Seriously? You were the main reason the laughing emoji can’t be used alone and now you want to eliminate the like laughing emoji. The fact it bothers some of you is astounding. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How about just ignoring it. 🤷‍♂️

JFC. I have noticed @Opie and the little game he's playing. It's kinda childish IMO, but since when do any of us have the right to never be bothered or annoyed by something? 

If you’re triggered by a reaction to your post then seriously consider getting outside tomorrow, take a walk, or something that has nothing to do with the internet.  Honestly look in the mirror and tell yourself you’re upset about a reaction on the internet by an internet stranger.  It doesn’t even disrupt the thread or conversation!

If you absolutely can't bring yourself to ignore a post like that, reporting it is a much better option that responding to it. Jackstraw's response was every bit as off-topic as jon's post was, and he probably should have been suspended as well.
Interesting. The other day I reported a post for what I believe was the first time since I joined the site, for what seemed to me to be homophobic language toward Mayor Pete. I guess that would fall into your first category of posts that should be removed ASAP -- and I saw someone mention in another thread that that poster had been punished for it -- but I wondered afterward whether it would have been better to report him or simply respond and ask him what he meant by that phrase. So this is helpful guidance. Report it if it's bad, ignore it otherwise, but don't drag out the argument.

(And don't worry. I'm not going to make a habit out of reporting posts, certainly not over people's tone or use of emojis.)

I disagree. If we get to that point I would prefer to see Joe hire a drill sergeant to show up at posters' houses and say, "WIPE THAT SMILE OFF YOUR FACE, PRIVATE!"
For the record i only gave this the crying emoji because i felt that best represented a smile being wiped off of somebodys face. 

It’s always rich how up in arms they get if someone on their side gets pinched. This thread goes wild with rule change requests, hard to keep up with. 😂
I can’t disagree. 

Its a good thing though that President Trump isn’t a poster in this forum otherwise he’d be demanding rule changes every 30 seconds. I’ve never heard of a guy more thin skinned than that. 

It’s always rich how up in arms they get if someone on their side gets pinched. This thread goes wild with rule change requests, hard to keep up with. 😂
Odd this seems the opposite of reality given what gets posted in the Trump thread if a Trump poster gets suspended.

Who here on the other side is up it arms  because someone “ got pinched”?

I see things are still getting better in here. It wouldn't matter if everyone but two people left, or were perma banned. Those two people will still find reason to disagree on politics. 

I've spent the last few weeks on other message boards. I've come to the realization that posters are not the problem, the problem is ownership and moderation. Joe admits that the Shark Pool, the FFA and the PSF are all treated differently. Then he states that 90% of the reporting is coming from the PSF. No ####. If you enforced the rules consistently in the Shark Pool, you'd see similar problems across the entire board. I did the research. People make the same comments in the SP that they do in the PSF. The only difference is that it's about a coach, a team or a player and not about something that really effects our every day lives like taxes, health care, or war. 

Sorry Joe, since stepping away, I've gained some clarity on the issue. It's you. You have this idea of a message board Utopia that exists no where else but here. That's admirable at best, delusional at worst. You're asking everyone to change to accommodate you. Instead of you accommodating them. It's a terrible message to send, especially if some of those people are your customers.  

I would like to thank Maurile. If he hadn't censored my comments here by hiding posts, I never would have achieved this enlightenment. Him telling me to get over it, or find another board, was excellent advice. I've done exactly that.  I'm not interested in posting on a board where a random moderator gets sole decision on determining my value. This is just another example of how Joe chooses his friends over business, and then wonders why his business struggles. You can't have it both ways. Moderation has been a problem the entire time I've been on this board. And I suspect it will continue to be so.

Good luck. I suspect the PSF will disappear in the near future. The problems will just move to the FFA and Joe will be stuck with the decision of giving up, or shutting the FFA down as well. You can't change people. Especially random people on the internet. So, don't waste your time. 

I see things are still getting better in here. It wouldn't matter if everyone but two people left, or were perma banned. Those two people will still find reason to disagree on politics. 

I've spent the last few weeks on other message boards. I've come to the realization that posters are not the problem, the problem is ownership and moderation. Joe admits that the Shark Pool, the FFA and the PSF are all treated differently. Then he states that 90% of the reporting is coming from the PSF. No ####. If you enforced the rules consistently in the Shark Pool, you'd see similar problems across the entire board.I did the research . People make the same comments in the SP that they do in the PSF. The only difference is that it's about a coach, a team or a player and not about something that really effects our every day lives like taxes, health care, or war. 

Sorry Joe, since stepping away, Ive gained some clarity  on the issue. It's you. You have this idea of a message board Utopia that exists no where else but here. That's admirable at best, delusional at worst. You're asking everyone to change to accommodate you. Instead of you accommodating them. It's a terrible message to send, especially if some of those people are your customers.  

I would like to thank Maurile. If he hadn't censored my comments here by hiding posts, I never would have achieved this enlightenment. Him telling me to Get over it , or find another board, was excellent advice. Ive done exactly that.   I'm not interested in posting on a board where a random moderator gets sole decision on determining my value. This is just another example of how Joe chooses his friends over business, and then wonders why his business struggles. You can't have it both ways. Moderation has been a problem the entire time I've been on this board. And I suspect it will continue to be so.

Good luck. I suspect the PSF will disappear in the near future. The problems will just move to the FFA and Joe will be stuck with the decision of giving up, or shutting the FFA down as well. You can't change people. Especially random people on the internet. So, don’t waste your time. 
I would suggest that you take a look at the sentences I bolded and see if they represent any kind of pattern. Good luck! 

Slapdash said:
@Joe Bryant/ @Maurile Tremblay  Not wanting to talk about other people posting in a topic thread, but this seems like it falls under the "you know it when you see it"

I don't think we're going to police likes or other reactions.
To be clear, I wasn't looking for anyone to be banned.   I personally don't think anyone should be given a TO unless it's something pretty vile but not my board or rules.  Anyhow, I have a lot of family and friends that served and serve.  I don't paint everyone that puts on the uniform with the same brush as "heroes" but these are some of the best people you would ever want to meet. I don't know Vindman personally but after listening to his testimony it's pretty clear that he would fall into this same category.  For he and his brother to loser their job, be reassigned, whatever, should be alarming to every American.  All we know is that Trump was mad Vindman followed the law and testified, his brother did nothing that we know of, then all of a sudden this is reported.  This isn't what's supposed to happen in America.  This isn't what our troops have fought and given their lives for.

I was always the tallest and strongest since I was a little kid so I've had to deal with passive aggressive behavior my whole life.  Every guy, particularly the short guys, wants to try and prove they are just as big.  It's pretty aggravating especially when alcohol is in the mix.  Four or five Trump supporters like to mock posts with the emoji and, whatever.  It doesn't make me angry, you make it clear what and who you are.  This one really hit close to home though and just like in the bar when some short, drunk guy wants to throw down, a simple "what did you say?" can end it without a punch thrown.  That's all this was. 

I know Slappy didn't mean any harm but I apologize for being the root of a silly discussion.

I've spent the last few weeks on other message boards. I've come to the realization that posters are not the problem, the problem is ownership and moderation. Joe admits that the Shark Pool, the FFA and the PSF are all treated differently. Then he states that 90% of the reporting is coming from the PSF. No ####. If you enforced the rules consistently in the Shark Pool, you'd see similar problems across the entire board. I did the research. People make the same comments in the SP that they do in the PSF. The only difference is that it's about a coach, a team or a player and not about something that really effects our every day lives like taxes, health care, or war. 

Sorry Joe, since stepping away, I've gained some clarity on the issue. It's you. You have this idea of a message board Utopia that exists no where else but here. That's admirable at best, delusional at worst. You're asking everyone to change to accommodate you. Instead of you accommodating them. It's a terrible message to send, especially if some of those people are your customers.  

I would like to thank Maurile. If he hadn't censored my comments here by hiding posts, I never would have achieved this enlightenment. Him telling me to get over it, or find another board, was excellent advice. I've done exactly that.  I'm not interested in posting on a board where a random moderator gets sole decision on determining my value. This is just another example of how Joe chooses his friends over business, and then wonders why his business struggles. You can't have it both ways. Moderation has been a problem the entire time I've been on this board. And I suspect it will continue to be so.

Good luck. I suspect the PSF will disappear in the near future. The problems will just move to the FFA and Joe will be stuck with the decision of giving up, or shutting the FFA down as well. You can't change people. Especially random people on the internet. So, don't waste your time. 
It’s rather shocking to me that you stepped away to gain clarity and came back still not understanding that exchange. 

Thanks for the feedback and of course, I totally agree with you. I've realized from the get this was an unorthodox idea swimming against the stream of what's allowed on most boards. No argument there. Also no argument that I could be completely wrong and this won't work. Wouldn't be the first time. 

Best to you in finding a place that works for you. 

Thanks for the feedback and of course, I totally agree with you. I've realized from the get this was an unorthodox idea swimming against the stream of what's allowed on most boards. No argument there. Also no argument that I could be completely wrong and this won't work. Wouldn't be the first time. 

Best to you in finding a place that works for you. 
Joe being the customer service biz my whole life I applaud the way you handle yourself and your responses. You’re a class act Joe.  Pure class.  

I can’t believe this is a real life thread.  People willingly do this every single day :mellow:
I agree the thread is mostly ridiculous, but every once in a while an interesting discussion about how to have a civil online discussion of politics pokes its head out. My strategy is to participate in that discussion and ignore all the whining, finger pointing and score settling. 

KiddLattimer said:
100% agree... Dealing with a group of personalities this diverse, especially in the politics forum can't be easy.
Just like at Thanksgiving and with friends all the time, it's probably better not to discuss politics if you value the relationship you have with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread