What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUSPENDED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. Took courage and likely resulted in your termination.

Joe is in a tough spot. He knows this sub forum is a fringe minority but it generates the most traffic on the site. Hard to turn that down. Money is money at the end of the day, regardless of how many subscriptions you sell or Thursday BBQs you hold.

And in his words, his long time friends are mods and  above reproach. Even if they don't post here they have authority to subjectively dictate who is allowed to post.

If you happen to disagree with the majority every post may be your last.

The irony is that a good number of posters here mock Joe and his beliefs on side boards (e). He is too nice to believe it or do anything about it.

Also ironic, he asked people not to manipulate quotes from other posters. Meanwhile, one of his mods altered the board software to change a common phrase (OMB) to a deranged rant: Donald Trump is an awful human being and a terrible President

(Yes Joe, one of your mods rigged the Invision software to alter posts into something that would likely result in a suspension if the same were said about a Democrat)

Good luck wherever you land KC, and if you decide/are allowed back we welcome you. Now more than ever FBG needs minority voices who dare to speak out for what is right.
A few quick thoughts.

I agree OMB shouldn't be changed to anything. I don't know how that happened but it was a mistake. The principle of not changing quotes is important and that goes against what I want. We'll change it. 

Mods are not above reproach, never have been above reproach and nobody ever said they were above reproach.

People disagree all the time here. We ask people to be cool when they disagree. Your post is an example. 

I can't worry much about what people say about me outside of here. 

I've spent a lot of time trying to encourage 'minority" voices here. It's why I've asked repeatedly for the Trump supporters to be cool and understand the majority status they have here. It's also why I've tried to encourage discussion with "minority" opinions like @NorvilleBarnes recent post. 

BBQ's are Wednesdays.

A few quick thoughts.

I agree OMB shouldn't be changed to anything. I don't know how that happened but it was a mistake. The principle of not changing quotes is important and that goes against what I want. We'll change it. 

Mods are not above reproach, never have been above reproach and nobody ever said they were above reproach.

People disagree all the time here. We ask people to be cool when they disagree. Your post is an example. 

I've spent a lot of time trying to encourage 'minority" voices here. It's why I've asked repeatedly for the Trump supporters to be cool and understand the majority status they have here. It's also why I've tried to encourage discussion with "minority" opinions like @NorvilleBarnes recent post. 

BBQ's are Wednesdays.
Walking the walk. Big thumbs up.  They shall know you by your deeds.

Meh, inmates have always been running this asylum.  My guess is MT changed it so he didn’t have to run around playing moderator every time it was posted and the report button was mashed by the overly sensitive board cops. That’s pretty low on the censorship meter and says a lot more about the people that complained about it otherwise it would have just been added to the list of trigger words and emoji that have already been banned.

The more concerning moderator behavior to me is the regular practice of just making posts disappear altogether that aren’t against the rules and seem to have been hidden just because it goes against the groupthink.

A few quick thoughts.

BBQ's are Wednesdays.
So, will people then be free to use OMB just by itself as a shorthand to ridicule people like the rolling emoji or the phrase That simply isn't true without any further explanation?

So, will people then be free to use OMB just by itself as a shorthand to ridicule people like the rolling emoji or the phrase That simply isn't true without any further explanation?
This is pretty ironic.  You’re claiming OMB is a zinger so does that apply to yours and your side as well?

This is pretty ironic.  You’re claiming OMB is a zinger so does that apply to yours and your side as well?
It should apply to both sides although I don't recall many Trump critics here saying OMB to ridicule Trump supporters.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you think that is the same as what he described?
He is using the popcorn emoji in response to you asking for another poster to refute something.  

Yeah that sure seems like he is genuinely interested in hearing thoughts on the matter and discussing it. 

And again i dont care about him doing that. I laughed when i saw it and thought right away that he would cry to a mod if somebody trolled him with an emoji.

And here we are. 

I doubt you need this explained to you but I'll bite anyway.  We've been asked not to post with emojis only.   So the goofy looking head nod or popcorn is the same as the laughing emoji.    HTH
For future reference, does that also apply to  :thumbup:  or  :goodposting: as some of your friends, like Bluto and HT frequently use those, are they also the same as the laughing emoji?

And HT used the rolling emoji by itself quoting a post yesterday. bit I guess I must have missed your taking him to task over that.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/page/338/?tab=comments#comment-22512262

For future reference, does that also apply to  :thumbup:  or  :goodposting: as some of your friends, like Bluto and HT frequently use those, are they also the same as the laughing emoji?

And HT used the rolling emoji by itself quoting a post yesterday. bit I guess I must have missed your taking him to task over that.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/776645-trump-2020-hq-the-great-place/page/338/?tab=comments#comment-22512262
Ask a moderator.  I don't make those decisions.  I didn't take your post to task either until having to explain to sho the similarities between you doing that and whining about a laughing emoji.  I really don't get triggered by the emoji responses.  Carry on now.

Sigh. 

Yes, if you're that offended by OMB, we'll ask people not to use it the same we asked people not to use TDS or whatever it was. 

And in general, if everyone could just dial back the tool factor and the whining about factor about 98%, that'd be great. 

Please stop turning this into kindergarten tattletale cop. 

I'm so sick of people needing to tease out every last possible instance of how they might be offended and ask for a ruling. 

Just everyone be a lot more cool. Full stop. 

A few quick thoughts.

BBQ's are Wednesdays.
Those pork shoulders look so tasty, salivating over here.

He is using the popcorn emoji in response to you asking for another poster to refute something.  

Yeah that sure seems like he is genuinely interested in hearing thoughts on the matter and discussing it. 

And again i dont care about him doing that. I laughed when i saw it and thought right away that he would cry to a mod if somebody trolled him with an emoji.

And here we are. 
I think its a common used thing board wide when someone is interested in hearing an answer.  I think its a bit different than what was being done with the rolling emoji and currently still gets done with the like button.  I was called out a while back for the laughing like as someone took offense to it...I believe it was then MT who said yeah, I probably should not do that.  Guess what...I stopped.  I got it...its small, but I understood.  Recently I asked a poster why they laughed instead of responding to a post.  I wasn't offended or triggered by it...just asked.  I was suspended for even asking int he manner I did.  No biggie.  it happens...moderation isn't always fair is what this thread says I believe.

I think the point is...what was done in that quote was a bit different as it was clearly not done to antagonize.  But yeah...we all should be better than even that.

Why does anyone here "owe" another poster anything???

If someone wants to reply with an emoji only what's the problem, if they want to reply with a standard phrase or abbreviation, whats the problem? 

No one owes you a link, an explanation or a thought out response, if you get one great, engage that poster, if not, move on to one that did.

Such thin skin around here.

I'm so sick of people needing to tease out every last possible instance of how they might be offended and ask for a ruling. 

I shouldn’t say this and risk “getting in trouble” but the guy you are responding too has caused more trouble in the PSF than literally anyone else - and he’s on “my side”.  He should have been banned a long time ago.

I shouldn’t say this and risk “getting in trouble” but the guy you are responding too has caused more trouble in the PSF than literally anyone else - and he’s on “my side”.  He should have been banned a long time ago.
You're not "getting in trouble". And yes, he creates a ton of work for me. 

There are a number of annoying phrases used to describe the President that are automatically sanitized.

“Orange man bad” is an annoying phrase that was repeated way too often. I changed it to a less annoying phrase that means the same thing.

It is similar to “Trump Derangement Syndrome” in that it was used mostly for trolling and commonly reported. It’s easier to ban the phrase than to ban the people who overuse it for trolling purposes.

“Donnie Two Scoops” is another example that is automatically changed.

There are a number of annoying phrases used to describe the President that are automatically sanitized.

“Orange man bad” is an annoying phrase that was repeated way too often. I changed it to a less annoying phrase that means the same thing.

It is similar to “Trump Derangement Syndrome” in that it was used mostly for trolling and commonly reported. Its easier to ban the phrase than to ban the people who overuse it for trolling purposes.

Thanks...I thought that is how I remember it...sometime around the Iran stuff I think?

Why does anyone here "owe" another poster anything???

If someone wants to reply with an emoji only what's the problem, if they want to reply with a standard phrase or abbreviation, whats the problem? 

No one owes you a link, an explanation or a thought out response, if you get one great, engage that poster, if not, move on to one that did.

Such thin skin around here.
I believe the mods have said why...because it doesn't lead to actual dialog and the goal here is actual dialog.  There are places we can all go to post other such things but its not what they want here.  Their board...their rules.

I can't give this post enough  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It is similar to “Trump Derangement Syndrome” in that it was used mostly for trolling and commonly reported. Its easier to ban the phrase than to ban the people who overuse it for trolling purposes.

So in your minds eye Orange  Man   Bad  (O M B)

is comparable to

Donald Trump is an awful human being and a terrible President

Donnie Two Scoops” is another example that is automatically changed.
Sorry, but this is just funny. 

Yes he does stir up a lot of crap.   Maybe JB should disable his report button.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

ETA: well that didnt work! What did it change to?
TDS was the opposite approach. Instead of banning it automatically through the software, it was supposed to be banned manually by giving timeouts. I thought that approach was suboptimal, so I tried something different with OMB. Apparently that wasn’t well received. My apologies to everyone.

TDS was the opposite approach. Instead of banning it automatically through the software, it was supposed to be banned manually by giving timeouts. I thought that approach was suboptimal, so tried something different with OMB. Apparently that wasn’t well received. My apologies to everyone.
Maybe change all such phrases to: "Moderator note: be way cooler".

TDS was the opposite approach. Instead of banning it automatically through the software, it was supposed to be banned manually by giving timeouts. I thought that approach was suboptimal, so I tried something different with OMB. Apparently that wasn’t well received. My apologies to everyone.
I think both can work.

Who is complaining about OMB and why?  Why does someone wish to reply with the words of OMB?  Is there a reason beyond not wanting to actually respond to discuss something with a poster and just claim...well, you just think OMB so oh well.  Seems it can work (and seems it was pretty much unnoticed for about a month, correct?  Til it recently became a complaint in the Trump thread.

Yes. What do you think it means to call someone bad while making fun of his physical appearance in an insulting way?
Like much around here, sarcasm seems to be lost or even worse, unwanted.

I think you know that anyone posting that phrase is being sarcastic in reply to someone else.

Secondly in what world does calling someone 'bad' make them an awful human being and how does being orange make him a terrible POTUS 

It is similar to “Trump Derangement Syndrome” in that it was used mostly for trolling and commonly reported. It’s easier to ban the phrase than to ban the people who overuse it for trolling purposes.

Can we get a list? 

Are these all phrases to describe the current president and if so why is it limited to that?  

Anyone going to address the hiding of posts with no explanation that appear to be consistent with the rules?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread