What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dolphins/Steelers: Worst MNF ever? (1 Viewer)

It's like the coaches are throwing the game even as they have a sizable lead late in the 1st half. 
With rare exceptions, you won’t ever see players tank. There’s too much turnover and too few guarantees in the NFL.

But here’s your weekly reminder that it’s actually pretty easy to coach 3-13 level talent to 0-16  results. 

You hear the announcers openly question an all out blitz leading to Pittsburgh scoring late in the 1st half and you have to ask as I have been for weeks...Miami does not do the things you must do in order to win a football game. Should be 14-0, 14-3, but instead the Steelers have a lot of momentum. 

It's like the coaches are throwing the game even as they have a sizable lead late in the 1st half. 
That play call tells you all you need to know. They have no interest in winning games and risking the number one pick. Especially knowing they have the Bengals looming on the schedule later. 

Booger keeps saying Rudolph's decision making was bad but I disagree... he was very inaccurate especially on crossing routes... but I didn't see any horrible decisions.

With rare exceptions, you won’t ever see players tank. There’s too much turnover and too few guarantees in the NFL.

But here’s your weekly reminder that it’s actually pretty easy to coach 3-13 level talent to 0-16  results. 
My point was the announcers were questioning why on earth they would call an all out blitz and invite that kind of play to begin with. Drop back on 3rd and 20, allow a short pass and get ready to return a punt and leave the field 14-3...Miami is kind of trying to lose. 

My point was the announcers were questioning why on earth they would call an all out blitz and invite that kind of play to begin with. Drop back on 3rd and 20, allow a short pass and get ready to return a punt and leave the field 14-3...Miami is kind of trying to lose. 
Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but I 100% got your point and I 100% agree with it.

no Fins employee outside the 53-man roster is actively trying to win this game.

So what I heard from that halftime report, Flores wanted some adversity for the second half so they let Pitts score with 10 seconds in the half. The fact that they haven’t won a game isn’t adverse enough. 

Rudolph is 2 seconds too late every throw
He looks terrible.

Meantime.....Dolphins are playing spirited on defense. I am hopeful for the future about the culture of this team. Just draft well and use the oodles of cap money wisely and this team can be a force in a few years.

He looks terrible.

Meantime.....Dolphins are playing spirited on defense. I am hopeful for the future about the culture of this team. Just draft well and use the oodles of cap money wisely and this team can be a force in a few years.
 ... or they could be the Browns.

He looks terrible.

You guys should be winning the division within the next 3 years.   :shrug:  

Why is Conners sliding like he’s afraid to get hit? Honestly I can’t recall a RB sliding on purpose when he wasn’t trying to stay inbounds. 

WTF is with these helmet to helmets....all the freaking time. Its crazy. Most of these guys will be vegetables one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's way more dangerous to do a feet-first slide, IMO. Your head is propped up and exposed, it's a recipe for a concussion.

Users who are viewing this thread